Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: caffeine

Quote Originally Posted by XTrueColorsX View Post
    Because I think these drugs are poisons for the mind and soul.
    So you would say consuming alcohol in tiny amounts has poisoned your mind and soul? What are you doing to aid your poisoned mind and soul?

As far I as I know if you buy chilled orange juice, at home you put it into the refrigerator and you drink it inside of two or three days, then no problem.
    I believe this was already addressed as well as the fact its not just orange juice which brings us back to the questions asked above.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

Registered User x.Xmiss_SmogX.x's Avatar
    WOW!! I really didnt know that orange juice fermented o_O

I think it would be pretty much impossible for someone to avoid all traces of alcohol and caffeen in food etc, or it would be very difficult to do.
    I personally wouldnt worry about such small traces, there is a vast difference between eating a meal that has a trace of alcohol in it to purposly picking up a beer to drink. Like Dusty said, a beer was created for the sole purpose to get drunk.

As for the caffeine, I dont see the problem in small amounts. I personally would drink caffinated tea and a weak coffee but i dont like drinking energy drinks, cola, strong coffee etc, the things used to give people 'boosts'
    Well I cant ever think a can of relentless would do any sort of good for you, all that sugar mixed with the caffeine will rott your insides >_<

I usually drink diet decaf coke, and decaf tea, but in other things it's pretty hard to avoid and the stimulant properties are almost gone! I hate energy drinks with a passion and like smoggy I hate stronger coffees and things, but I can't really say whether caffiene consumption makes you edge or not.
    (plus caffiene is a strong diuretic, guarenteed to make you feel like you're gonna piss yourself!)

Quote Originally Posted by straightXed View Post
    Like was said before alcohol forms in many products, you are aware of this and if you really were intending on zero as your limit surely you would take steps to avoid as much alcohol as possible? I mean you say you are alcohol free but you didn't do everything for it...are you now going to stop drinking orange juice or any other product that ferments?

I agree that you can't pay attention to everything which is why i feel your intention is unworkable and redundent, you would have to become incredibly fastiduous and for what end? I mean you would be striving to eliminate negligable amounts of alcohol that will have no bearing on your mind whatsoever. You don't eliminate these factors because you don't feel they are of a worthy amount to warrant concern. So you already have a pre-determined level of what is acceptable to consume and its clearly not zero, likewise others have similarly chosen to abstain from caffeine intake that actually is of a level that effects the body and/or mind.

This fits in with the intention and fits consistantly with my views because my views are not under the notion that i should ensure that nothing but zero percent of any drug should pass my lips. So it remains that my view point is consistant with my actions while as it stands yours does not.
    I was thinking about this 2 days long and I have to say you're probably right. I scrutinised every single emotion about this in me. I don't know why but I'm filled with loathing when I think about I can't do my lifestyle perfectly. I would like to be perfectionist in every part of my life, and because of this I will always lose beacuse nobody can do this. So this problem is a psychological problem in me.

I was thinking about this 2 days long and I have to say you're probably right. I scrutinised every single emotion about this in me. I don't know why but I'm filled with loathing when I think about I can't do my lifestyle perfectly. I would like to be perfectionist in every part of my life, and because of this I will always lose beacuse nobody can do this. So this problem is a psychological problem in me.
    Don't be so hard on yourself, the problem is in what you are focussing on rather than a particular problem in yourself. I know this from myself as i tend to want absoloutes and perfection myself but it so easily looses sight of what your initial and true intention was/is. Which is of course in this instance is a stance against the recreational use of drugs based on how they effect the body and mind, now these are really negligable amounts we are talking about here that really will have no effect and are completely omissible and in my opinion don't take away from you holding upstanding morals against the use of drugs. I mean you can get incredibly pedantic in looking for absoloute consistancy but it becomes detrimental to your lifestyle for little or no recompense, a stand against decaffinated tea because tiny amounts of caffeine remain really just hinders you and doesn't really show more solidarity to your cause in any way.

I recall a vegan friend who got so caught up in things he was struggling with the idea of buying particular vegan products based on the fact that ink used in the packaging could possibly have something in it that may possibly extracted from an animal by product. Or the transport methods used would most likely mean that animal by products were used somewhere along the line. This fastiduousness simply served to make his life more complicated and had no really bearing on hos cause whatsoever, he learnt to except that this didn't effect his cause and was still incredibly concious of the plight of animals and there welfare...he didn't lose at all and neither do you.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

that being said so eloquently by ed... i was thinking, you could really go crazy thinking about really not taking part in a non-edge system... like to avoid supporting companies that are owned/run by non-edge people or to a lesser extent give to companies that offer alcoholic products or caffeinated products! does anyone know someone that takes it to such extremes? for the sake of being insanely pure straight edge?
    My support has no conditions, I will always have your back.

Quote Originally Posted by straightXed View Post
    Don't be so hard on yourself, the problem is in what you are focussing on rather than a particular problem in yourself. I know this from myself as i tend to want absoloutes and perfection myself but it so easily looses sight of what your initial and true intention was/is. Which is of course in this instance is a stance against the recreational use of drugs based on how they effect the body and mind, now these are really negligable amounts we are talking about here that really will have no effect and are completely omissible and in my opinion don't take away from you holding upstanding morals against the use of drugs. I mean you can get incredibly pedantic in looking for absoloute consistancy but it becomes detrimental to your lifestyle for little or no recompense, a stand against decaffinated tea because tiny amounts of caffeine remain really just hinders you and doesn't really show more solidarity to your cause in any way.

I recall a vegan friend who got so caught up in things he was struggling with the idea of buying particular vegan products based on the fact that ink used in the packaging could possibly have something in it that may possibly extracted from an animal by product. Or the transport methods used would most likely mean that animal by products were used somewhere along the line. This fastiduousness simply served to make his life more complicated and had no really bearing on hos cause whatsoever, he learnt to except that this didn't effect his cause and was still incredibly concious of the plight of animals and there welfare...he didn't lose at all and neither do you.
    Thank you... I got very precious thoughts!

I don't avoid caffeine, though I wouldn't want to overdose on it either. It doesn't mess with my mind, so, it doesn't bother me.
    "Within my bones this resonates
    Boiling blood will circulate
    Could you tell me again what you did this for?
    I don't love you any more...'
    - Rise Against

Quote Originally Posted by XAdrenalineX View Post
    I don't avoid caffeine, though I wouldn't want to overdose on it either. It doesn't mess with my mind, so, it doesn't bother me.
    caffeine effects everyone's mind.

is a can of coke wrong ? it has caffeine in it, but i don't think coke has such a high amount as a can of Red Bull, was coke made to boost your mind ? is the amount of caffeine also negligible small ?
    I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

visit http://www.z-spot.be/
    Z-spot Gaming community
    No Ego's, no "pwnage", just gaming

Quote Originally Posted by Lifestyle_X View Post
    is a can of coke wrong ? it has caffeine in it, but i don't think coke has such a high amount as a can of Red Bull, was coke made to boost your mind ? is the amount of caffeine also negligible small ?
    a can of coke usually has around 34 or so mg's of caffeine.

http://www.wilstar.com/caffeine.htm

caffeine was added to coke to replace cocaine as the main stimulant.

So the question here for me is, would drinking Orange Juice be breaking edge or not? I don't consume alcohol obviously, but would the fermentation process of it, make it an edge breaking drink?

Basically my question is, and someone has probably answered this, but I didn't read all replies, is natural miniscule amounts of alcohol like previously said in foods, breaking edge? I know when I cook foods, I replace alcohol with other things such as juices and such, but should I avoid things with yeast and/or sugar in them? Or is it miniscule enough to not be breaking edge. Like personally I would say if its that miniscule that its not affecting my body/perception/etc., than it shouldn't really matter. But than I also think, well if you replace the alcohol with something like "cocaine/weed/crack/etc." for instance, and it was miniscule enough to not affect me, would that be ok then too? I just said "cocaine/weed/crack/etc." as an ideal viewpoint obviously haha, ...but is because something is in miniscule quantities make it ok? I'm up in the air on this one actually. Or say if they made a "weed/drug" that didn't affect you at all but for some reason it was still there and considered a drug, would that be considered edge breaking to use it?

I mean I think any drug in any amount, even miniscule is wrong, but it seems almost impossible to figure out each thing whether it has something in it or not...for instance, going out to eat, you have no idea what they put in your food. Just anything like that, I think as a straight edge person you should go at each item you put into your body to the best of your ability,...find out whats in it, find out how its made, etc. Do everything possible, now I'm not saying do forensic science on a cupcake, but if you like that "brand" of cupcakes or some shit, find out about how they make it ya know. I don't know, some of this is still up in the air for me, I'm just throwing out ideas and somewhat opinions, trying to figure all this "miniscule amounts" in foods and such myself.

Thread Information