Ezln
    ?
    Later Days

Quote Originally Posted by mouseman004 View Post
    ?
    Ejercito Zapitista de Liberacion Nacional

or in english:
    Zapatista Army of National Liberation.

I can't believe i forgot about them. I would recommend both dusty and mouseman check this out and see just how possible living a community oriented and hierarchical-free life works on a large scale (the whole southern Mexican state of Chiapas) and has worked for the past 15 years.
    Last edited by xGriffox; 05-10-2009 at 03:40 PM.
    It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It’s us. Only us.

Quote Originally Posted by xGriffox View Post
    Ejercito Zapitista de Liberacion Nacional

or in english:
    Zapatista Army of National Liberation.

I can't believe i forgot about them. I would recommend both dusty and mouseman check this out and see just how possible living a community oriented and hierarchical-free life works on a large scale (the whole southern Mexican state of Chiapas) and has worked for the past 15 years.
    Its not completely anarchist. It takes aspects of anarchy and combines it with other forms of social order and political thought.

Oh, and using an armed guerilla revolutionary force as an example of the benefits of anarchy, doesnt really convince me that the world would be a better place if it were an anarchy.
    Later Days

Quote Originally Posted by Segadoway View Post
    Ezln
    Why do you bother posting. That would have been a good thing to post, if you at least explained what it was and used some sort of argument. I know you don't think there is a point in arguing...so then why bother posting anything in the first place?
    Later Days

Why do you bother posting. That would have been a good thing to post, if you at least explained what it was and used some sort of argument. I know you don't think there is a point in arguing...so then why bother posting anything in the first place?
    I had no time to post a good explanation, and wanted to bring up the subject, i am currently in the middle of exams and need to divert my attentions elsewhere for the most part.
    FUCK

Its not completely anarchist. It takes aspects of anarchy and combines it with other forms of social order and political thought.

Oh, and using an armed guerilla revolutionary force as an example of the benefits of anarchy, doesnt really convince me that the world would be a better place if it were an anarchy.
    it was an armed revolutionary force that never actually used any of their armaments. They merely had them as deterrents towards state-sanctioned attacks.
    Do you find this kind of social organization favorable or no?
    It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It’s us. Only us.

it was an armed revolutionary force that never actually used any of their armaments. They merely had them as deterrents towards state-sanctioned attacks.
    Do you find this kind of social organization favorable or no?
    Generally no. I am a capitalist and a generally speaking a left-leaning conservative. Well I am a capitalist in so far as I don't think there is a better workable option out there. And I am not going to debate about the EZLN because I don't actually know enough about them to form an argument. If I do some research I might come back with a response.
    Later Days

Generally no. I am a capitalist and a generally speaking a left-leaning conservative. Well I am a capitalist in so far as I don't think there is a better workable option out there. And I am not going to debate about the EZLN because I don't actually know enough about them to form an argument. If I do some research I might come back with a response.
    fiscally or socially conservative?

fiscally or socially conservative?
    Generally fiscally, but even then I waiver between the right and the political centre depending on the context. And I am conservative leaning (not full blown conservative, just leaning) on a select few social issues.
    Later Days

Well I am a capitalist in so far as I don't think there is a better workable option out there.
    Workable for the 1% of people that are the ruling class you mean?
    FUCK

is it really that awful for everyone here? Or are we all just a part of this 1%?
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

a) Easy there Karl Marx, that view is nothing but left wing propaganda. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean that the whole world is in ruins because of it. Capitalism works for me and my family, and we are lower middle class. But you are right, only the rich benefit through capitalism.

b) and even if it was 1% then yes, because it is better than the 0% that would benefit from communism or anarchism.
    Later Days

a) Easy there Karl Marx, that view is nothing but left wing propaganda. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean that the whole world is in ruins because of it. Capitalism works for me and my family, and we are lower middle class. But you are right, only the rich benefit through capitalism.

b) and even if it was 1% then yes, because it is better than the 0% that would benefit from communism or anarchism.

So you are saying i am not in the ruling class after all?!
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

Quote Originally Posted by straightXed View Post
    So you are saying i am not in the ruling class after all?!
    Maybe we both are and just didn't know it!
    Later Days

Thread Information