Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cigarettes- wtf sXe?

Lightbulb Cigarettes- wtf sXe?

So this kid obviously not straight edge because he was smoking a cigarette was at a local house show, this kid also was wearing a blue shirt that said i am straight edge. and his friends were claiming straight edge in there own way, while also smoking cigarettes.

I don't get it.

will someone please explain this to me?

official retarded child chadfitzy's Avatar
    they were probably adicted to something hard and than quit, so thought that that was straight edge, i had a friend like that. i mean once you do speed or extasy or somethin glike that a cigarette seems like nothing, so they dobt think it against edge

but sometimes.. unfortunatly there are posers.. i know of a few from my school..

I took my husband to a "party"/rave when we were first dating and someone approached him to buy some ecstacy when I went to the restroom. He claimed edge at the time and told the girl that he was straightedge. She said she was too, but she was "just running" for the night. This of course confused Hubby to no end. I asked one of my friends who played in an industrial band about it and he said the same thing--that if a kid who was hooked on something hard (coke, ecstacy, speed) and got clean, they would claim drugfree or edge.

Registered User x.Xmiss_SmogX.x's Avatar
    I really dont understand why anyone would claim SXE if they wernt actually living the lifestyle. In my personal opinion i think people should claim after they have been living it for a while. No offence to anyone but i think its mad when someone claims the same day they quit everything just to take it back a week later once they have 'fallen off the wagon'

I know a few people who lived the sxe life for months, even longer before claiming to be sxe. also i have friends who are not straight edge and dont claim it but still listen too and enjoy the music. I guess though there will always be posers and people saying things that there not, ah well :)

hope that makes sense lol

thanks guys that really helps
    any other comments are also appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaRant View Post
    I took my husband to a "party"/rave when we were first dating and someone approached him to buy some ecstacy when I went to the restroom. He claimed edge at the time and told the girl that he was straightedge. She said she was too, but she was "just running" for the night. This of course confused Hubby to no end. I asked one of my friends who played in an industrial band about it and he said the same thing--that if a kid who was hooked on something hard (coke, ecstacy, speed) and got clean, they would claim drugfree or edge.
    this helps alot. because i thought i was weird when i claim edge. because i occasionally smoke a cig. and i dont think anything of it. because i came off heroin and speed..
    and have been clean for almost 2 years now

Im A Person Just Like You but I like to fuck some shoes D1988's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chino View Post
    this helps alot. because i thought i was weird when i claim edge. because i occasionally smoke a cig. and i dont think anything of it. because i came off heroin and speed..
    Wait, no, you are weird if you claim edge and smoke. How the hell does that even make sense to you? Even if you come off the hardest drug addiction, that still doesn't give you some special right to claim to be drug free when you are not.

I hope I am reading your post wrong, or you have typed it wrongly or something.
    I'm a person just like you
    but I like to fuck some shoes
    On the sofa or in my bed
    It's better than getting head
    Tie the laces on my schlong
    'cos of a nike air max it's standing strong
    I'll even hump it till i bleed
    normal sex life i don't need

I think its awesome you managed to conquer those addictions and get it out of your life, but i have to agree with chino here. Being drug free means ALL drug free, including cigarettes, if anything smoking is just as bad as any addiction as it pumps chemicals into your body. I agree its maybe not as bad as a heroin or a speed addiction but its still an unhealthy drug. If its an occasional smoke then there should be no probs quitting that after you kicked the harder drugs :)

HUGE KUDOS to you for kicking heroin and speed--those are some of the worst drugs to get off of, but claiming edge wouldn't be appropriate in your case. Cigarettes are still a drug and to be straightedge means to be completely drug free. Keep working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by x.Xmiss_SmogX.x View Post
    I think its awesome you managed to conquer those addictions and get it out of your life, but i have to agree with chino here. Being drug free means ALL drug free, including cigarettes, if anything smoking is just as bad as any addiction as it pumps chemicals into your body. I agree its maybe not as bad as a heroin or a speed addiction but its still an unhealthy drug. If its an occasional smoke then there should be no probs quitting that after you kicked the harder drugs :)
    i know i know i understand what everyone is saying here. but just to say edge in my head really helps me stay off the big things. the withdrawels and the thoughts, every rehab ive went to said 98 percent rate of people who have done meth stay on meth. that part makes me so terrified. i get racing thoughts. and somedays i just get instant paranoia, psychosis status. and its just part of the withdrawels of many years on drugs. but i haven't smoked or took sleeping pills for around 3 months. so im kicking those addictions too:)

i know it might sound pathetic.
    but its true.
    when i say edge in my head.
    i think of all the people in here and others that are clean and are just high on life.
    and thats what really helps me. it does. and sorry if it offends anyone. but it does. the 12 step just doesnt work for me. but this does.

and im not claiming it to other people.
    im just telling you guys i tell myself..
    a self motivation thing
    Last edited by chino; 04-23-2009 at 09:57 AM.

i know i know i understand what everyone is saying here. but just to say edge in my head really helps me stay off the big things. the withdrawels and the thoughts, every rehab ive went to said 98 percent rate of people who have done meth stay on meth. that part makes me so terrified. i get racing thoughts. and somedays i just get instant paranoia, psychosis status. and its just part of the withdrawels of many years on drugs. but i haven't smoked or took sleeping pills for around 3 months. so im kicking those addictions too:)

but its true.
    i think of all the people in here and others that are clean and are just high on life.
    and thats what really helps me. it does. and sorry if it offends anyone. but it does. the 12 step just doesnt work for me. but this does.

a self motivation thing
    which is totally the right thing to do. most addicts just substitute a "safer" addiction for the other so that itch in their brain gets scratched. I'd definitely say keep doing what you're doing with total sobriety as the end goal.

Smile

but its true.

a self motivation thing
    I get it now. Keep chipping away man.

but its true.

a self motivation thing
    I think its amazing that you managed to kick the hard stuff, and whatever keeps you going and keeps you happy then do it. Yeah 98% pf people who do meth stay on meth but that still leaves 2% of people that dont :) youv come much further than alot of people go so my hat goes off too you.

They're still not edge..
    You can have other bad habbits too.. Which don't poison you.

World Of Warcraft kills evryghting.. XD

Thread Information