Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Caffeine and meat, where do you stand?

Quote Originally Posted by xSouthernEdgex View Post
    I'm sorry if this upsets the vegans but I doubt I could live without meat.(Not like I'm addicted but because its delicious) it might be terrible I know but isn't it natural? Plants are living. Should we feel bad for destroying plants? If pain is an issue then if we kill an animal painlessly is it not the same as killing a plant(assuming plants are being "killed" as such and feel no pain).

I'm not trying to assault vegans or vegetarians. I support you and your choices. I'm just trying to pull out some more oppinions.
    I've accepted noones oppinions will change on this thread so I'm just bringing up situations to view other oppinions NOT to try and prove anyone else wrong.
    I always find it humorous when people apologize for eating meat. When people find out I'm veg, they always start by apologizing and it makes me wonder if they ever had a bad encounter with a militant veg*n. It's your choice, not mine.

i love meat but caffine sucks i just drink water and if i am really trying to party i drink sprite. but if you drink caffine its still edge.

Quote Originally Posted by xflintsxfinestx View Post
    i love meat but caffine sucks i just drink water and if i am really trying to party i drink sprite. but if you drink caffine its still edge.
    So straight edge isn't against recreational drug use?
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaRant View Post
    I always find it humorous when people apologize for eating meat. When people find out I'm veg, they always start by apologizing and it makes me wonder if they ever had a bad encounter with a militant veg*n. It's your choice, not mine.
    Yeah, that's the same way I feel.
    I have had my encounters with judgmental vegans, that's wrong. Everyone has their own morals. But they tend to be especially judgmental when your just a vegetarian for some reason...

Quote Originally Posted by straightXed View Post
    You don't need caffeine either! And it does effect you even if you think it doesn't or are only concerned about effecting the mind.
    Meh, some stuff I like contains caffeine, I don't experience any withdrawals or drug like effects, I'm not going to cut them out because they could be argued to be a drug.

While obviously I refuse to use any mind altering substances, or I wouldn't be in here, I'm not overly concerned with cutting out any little thing that could be seen as a narcotic.

Sugar could be considered a drug. Common salt slightly stimulates the adrenal glands. Should I give up those too?

Im A Person Just Like You but I like to fuck some shoes D1988's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XAdrenalineX View Post
    Meh, some stuff I like contains caffeine, I don't experience any withdrawals or drug like effects, I'm not going to cut them out because they could be argued to be a drug.

While obviously I refuse to use any mind altering substances, or I wouldn't be in here, I'm not overly concerned with cutting out any little thing that could be seen as a narcotic.

Sugar could be considered a drug. Common salt slightly stimulates the adrenal glands. Should I give up those too?
    No, sugar and salt are not drugs. Caffeine is a drug though, there is no arguing about it being a drug either.

It is also a mind altering drug whether you choose to believe it or not.
    I'm a person just like you
    but I like to fuck some shoes
    On the sofa or in my bed
    It's better than getting head
    Tie the laces on my schlong
    'cos of a nike air max it's standing strong
    I'll even hump it till i bleed
    normal sex life i don't need

you can argue that pretty much everything is mind altering. but you show me a guy who will sell his kids for a monster energy drink and then i will agree that caffine is a drug.

you can argue that pretty much everything is mind altering. but you show me a guy who will sell his kids for a monster energy drink and then i will agree that caffine is a drug.
    caffeine is the most abused drug on earth. If your criteria about what drugs are "bad" are extremes, then I'd imagine you'd be ok with prescription drug abuse, marijuana, mdma and any other number of drugs that don't lead to harmful addictions.

the issue with caffeine is one of consistency. Caffeine is a drug. It is addictive. It is hypocritical to be against the use of recreational drugs and then use one, simply because it's socially accepted and if effects aren't that severe.

Im A Person Just Like You but I like to fuck some shoes D1988's Avatar
    Dusty I think you should make an FAQ about caffeine.

Each of the 100 times this is discussed, people always come back with the same shit.

"Minor Threat drank coke so it's OK"

"I drink caffeine and it doesn't alter my mind so it's OK".

blah blah blah, you get the idea, an FAQ we could link to the hundreds of people who question this would save you and alot of other people on here alot of time with typing the same stuff over and over agian.
    I'm a person just like you
    but I like to fuck some shoes
    On the sofa or in my bed
    It's better than getting head
    Tie the laces on my schlong
    'cos of a nike air max it's standing strong
    I'll even hump it till i bleed
    normal sex life i don't need

there is no argument. it is a drug.

but that attitude could for someone else mean an occasional small glass of wine is omissible, you just end up moving away from a clear and definitive line and instead make a lot of grey area.

sugar is not a drug its a food. You can consider it what you like, consider it a spaceship if you like but its not a spaceship and its not a drug. Stimulating a gland is not the definition of a drug, a million and one things stimulate glands that no one in their right mind would consider a drug so why salt? Again salt is a food and we need it, caffeine on the other hand is a drug and we don't need it. You use it because you aren't bothered enough to omit it due to some slight inconvenience it may cause. As for your question of should you give up the foods salts and sugar...well thats up to you but seeing as they aren't drugs i am very curious as to why you would?

but that attitude could for someone else mean an occasional small glass of wine is omissible, you just end up moving away from a clear and definitive line and instead make a lot of grey area.
    Not if you decide on a definition.

To me anyway if it alters your mind and makes you not yourself, it's a drug.

sugar is not a drug its a food.
    Not according to the neurologist Candace Pert. In her book Molecules of Emotion she describes it as acting like a drug.

There are some SXEs who even abstain from refined sugar because it may make you hyperactive.
    "Within my bones this resonates
    Boiling blood will circulate
    Could you tell me again what you did this for?
    I don't love you any more...'
    - Rise Against

Try teaching a classroom of kids after they've had birthday cake and tell me that sugar isn't a drug.

I've never heard of edgers avoiding sugar for strictly sxe reasons. However, there is the debate about white sugar in veg*n circles. It's said that white sugar is run through bone char. (Althouh I don't find it to be much of a debate since the sugar companies will admit to using bone char and other sources, such as PETA and VegFamily, has verified it.)
    Last edited by CarlaRant; 03-02-2009 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaRant View Post
    Try teaching a classroom of kids after they've had birthday cake and tell me that sugar isn't a drug.

I've never heard of edgers avoiding sugar for strictly sxe reasons. However, there is the debate about white sugar in veg*n circles. It's said that white sugar is run through bone char. (Althouh I don't find it to be much of a debate since the sugar companies will admit to using bone char and other sources, such as PETA and VegFamily, has verified it.)
    i am have sucrase deficiency so i cant eat cane sugars, my diet is really shitty...........
    FUCK

Quote Originally Posted by xsecx View Post
    caffeine is the most abused drug on earth. If your criteria about what drugs are "bad" are extremes, then I'd imagine you'd be ok with prescription drug abuse, marijuana, mdma and any other number of drugs that don't lead to harmful addictions.

the issue with caffeine is one of consistency. Caffeine is a drug. It is addictive. It is hypocritical to be against the use of recreational drugs and then use one, simply because it's socially accepted and if effects aren't that severe.
    its funny that you say i would be ok with perscription drug abuse because that is what im brother died from. i know the severity of drugs all to well. i know what it is like to grow up with an alcoholic father, i know what it is like to have your shit stolen from you because of a junkie of a brother. i know what its like to visit him in prison. i know what its like to listen to his lies and then watch him steal money from my parents. and i know what it is like to identify him in a morgue and i know what it is like to bury him. so sorry if your facts dont change my ideas on caffine. if my brother would have just been drinking pop instead of robbing pharmacies for oxycotons then his 3 kids would still have a dad.
    Caffine isnt a drug

its funny that you say i would be ok with perscription drug abuse because that is what im brother died from. i know the severity of drugs all to well. i know what it is like to grow up with an alcoholic father, i know what it is like to have your shit stolen from you because of a junkie of a brother. i know what its like to visit him in prison. i know what its like to listen to his lies and then watch him steal money from my parents. and i know what it is like to identify him in a morgue and i know what it is like to bury him. so sorry if your facts dont change my ideas on caffine. if my brother would have just been drinking pop instead of robbing pharmacies for oxycotons then his 3 kids would still have a dad.
    Caffine isnt a drug

caffeine is a drug, if you can find evidence it isn't i would love to read it.

Thread Information