Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just a few things

MizSeri
    Quote Originally Posted by D1988 View Post
    You are either straight edge, or not straight edge. You can't be slightly straight edge or partly straight edge because you still consume something you, yourself, think is a drug.
    I never claimed to be. The X's symbolize the three things you don't do,

[X] Don't Drink

[X] Don't Smoke

[X] Don't Fuck

I don't do any of those three things, so that is why the X's are important to me. When I said "I'm not completetly Straight Edge" I wasn't claiming a partial edge lol, I was triyng to say that I would like to be but, I drink caffienated sodas.

Quote Originally Posted by MizSeri View Post
    I never claimed to be. The X's symbolize the three things you don't do,

[X] Don't Drink

[X] Don't Smoke

[X] Don't Fuck

I don't do any of those three things, so that is why the X's are important to me. When I said "I'm not completetly Straight Edge" I wasn't claiming a partial edge lol, I was triyng to say that I would like to be but, I drink caffienated sodas.

It always fascinates me when people say don't don't smoke, don't drink, don't fuck. I mean it seems to omit a lot of recreational drug use which seems to be the main focus of what straightedge is about.

So anyway, why do you drink caffeine?
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

MizSeri
    Quote Originally Posted by straightXed View Post
    It always fascinates me when people say don't don't smoke, don't drink, don't fuck. I mean it seems to omit a lot of recreational drug use which seems to be the main focus of what straightedge is about.

So anyway, why do you drink caffeine?

I honestly think the "Don't smoke" part is meant to be more than just tabacco, but you're right, it seriously leaves out several other ways people take drugs.

As for the caffiene,
    I don't drink it to help me stay awake or get energy or anything, the amount I consume isn't enough to affect me, I go to out to eat alot (not just fast food, sit down places too) and un caffinated, diet (i can't drink regular soda) sodas are very hard to find at restaurants and I always buy the off brand soda and they NEVER have diet caffiene free...

I am not in any way blaming anything on the fact that I have limited options because I know I'm not forced to drink soda, I'm just very picky.
    Last edited by MizSeri; 01-22-2009 at 06:52 PM.

I honestly think the "Don't smoke" part is meant to be more than just tabacco, but you're right, it seriously leaves out several other ways people take drugs.
    what makes you think it was intended to mean more than tobacco?

As for the caffiene,
    I don't drink it to help me stay awake or get energy or anything, the amount I consume isn't enough to affect me, I go to out to eat alot (not just fast food, sit down places too) and un caffinated, diet (i can't drink regular soda) sodas are very hard to find at restaurants and I always buy the off brand soda and they NEVER have diet caffiene free...

I am not in any way blaming anything on the fact that I have limited options because I know I'm not forced to drink soda, I'm just very picky.
    Not picky enough to not drink beverages with caffeine in though?!

I have never had a problem but then i don't understand why anyone drinks diet soda, why can't you drink normal soda? Most places offer a bunch of beverages with no caffeine but why do you have to drink soda at all especially if its not the soda you actually want and has caffeine in? If i find no soda i want i have water instead of a soda i don't want.

It sounds like you don't want to stop drinking caffeine at all.

MizSeri
    what makes you think it was intended to mean more than tobacco?
    It makes me think of pot since that is commonly smoked.

Not picky enough to not drink beverages with caffeine in though?!

I have never had a problem but then i don't understand why anyone drinks diet soda, why can't you drink normal soda? Most places offer a bunch of beverages with no caffeine but why do you have to drink soda at all especially if its not the soda you actually want and has caffeine in? If i find no soda i want i have water instead of a soda i don't want.

It sounds like you don't want to stop drinking caffeine at all.
    regular soda and drinks like Sobe that aren't "light" are like syrup to me. They make my throat all sticky..

Believe me, if I had access to caffiene free soda wherever I went, there would be no question about it. I would never care to go back.

I hate that normally if you don't drink soda you're limited to water or like fruit punch loaded with sugar.

I really love unsweetened tea though and I will only drink that without caffiene.

I should just start carrying my own drinks lol, that would save me in the long run anywyas.
    Last edited by MizSeri; 01-22-2009 at 08:33 PM.

It makes me think of pot since that is commonly smoked.
    so is crack, do you think it means crack too?

regular soda and drinks like Sobe that aren't "light" are like syrup to me. They make my throat all sticky..

Believe me, if I had access to caffiene free soda wherever I went, there would be no question about it. I would never care to go back.

I hate that normally if you don't drink soda you're limited to water or like fruit punch loaded with sugar.

I really love unsweetened tea though and I will only drink that without caffiene.

I should just start carrying my own drinks lol, that would save me in the long run anywyas.
    So in answer to my questions you are saying theres not an actual reason that you can't drink regular soda its just you don't want to? And that although you would like to avoid caffeine you aren't prepared to because you already avoid sugar and have a preferance for diet soda?

MizSeri
    so is crack, do you think it means crack too?

So in answer to my questions you are saying theres not an actual reason that you can't drink regular soda its just you don't want to? And that although you would like to avoid caffeine you aren't prepared to because you already avoid sugar and have a preferance for diet soda?
    I really hate being complicated. I hate being limited when I'm out with someone. It makes me feel like I'm trying to attract attention to myself when I honestly would rather be left alone. I've drank diet soda since I was 6 years old (my mother, don't ask) and the stickiness of regular soda actually makes me sick. I've felt like being limited with that has made me stand out for years and the thought of standing out for another reason really bothered me.

I put off letting go of caffeine for those reasons..

I've realized it's not worth it, knowing that I still drink caffeine and having the views that I have has bothered me for too long, I went out and got caffeine free drinks last night. Wish me luck.
    Last edited by MizSeri; 01-23-2009 at 06:23 PM.

I really hate being complicated. I hate being limited when I'm out with someone. It makes me feel like I'm trying to attract attention to myself when I honestly would rather be left alone. I've drank diet soda since I was 6 years old (my mother, don't ask) and the stickiness of regular soda actually makes me sick. I've felt like being limited with that has made me stand out for years and the thought of standing out for another reason really bothered me.

I put off letting go of caffeine for those reasons..

I've realized it's not worth it, knowing that I still drink caffeine and having the views that I have has bothered me for too long, I went out and got caffeine free drinks last night. Wish me luck.

I understand being concerned about standing out and attracting attention. You know its not a good enough reason to make a decision though, you can't let a concern of how you appear to others rule your personal choices. Besides with a little time it just becomes who you are and you cease to worry about how people interpret you and you simply are just being yourself. The main crux of your decision to drink or not drink caffeine should be if you want to or not and if you don't want to then don't, i know it sounds easy but the truth is it is that easy we just like to make it more complicated.

Anyway good luck, i personally feel a lot better without caffeine in my diet and i also feel great about my actions coinciding with what beliefs i hold.

Everyone! Show me your hats!

Thread Information