Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just a few things

http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtD View Post
    weren't you the guy who got drunk in order to not losing your girlfriend?
    i think that was another dude
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

yeah dno, but it was a good laugh i guess :)

i'm edge because i get fucking disgust by smokes, drugs, and alcohol ! i hate it...
    straight edge is so positive, i can't stop it, i just love it ;)
    I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

visit http://www.z-spot.be/
    Z-spot Gaming community
    No Ego's, no "pwnage", just gaming

attilla's greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreat grandhun SgtD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rodrigo View Post
    i think that was another dude
    somebody needs to clear this up. i'm confused, maybe i'm not right. somebody back me up please!

somebody needs to clear this up. i'm confused, maybe i'm not right. somebody back me up please!
    http://www.sxe.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5718
    xWiglex

gonna put that one in my favorites
    I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

visit http://www.z-spot.be/
    Z-spot Gaming community
    No Ego's, no "pwnage", just gaming

attilla's greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreat grandhun SgtD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xCrucialDudex View Post
    ahem.. elaborate, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by swallow View Post
    oops, sorry dude. I mixed up the Latvia-Ukraine part somehow.

I apologize.

Semi-Intelligent Entity xCrucialDudex's Avatar
    weren't you the guy who got drunk in order to not losing your girlfriend?
    No, that wasn't me.

Semi-Intelligent Entity xCrucialDudex's Avatar
    oops, sorry dude. I mixed up the Latvia-Ukraine part somehow.

I apologize.
    No problem ;)

Another thing I do is think about WHY I want to do these things, over time I've ocme to conclusion that:

1) I can't think of a single reason to start smoking and the people I've asked that do smoke can't think of one either.
    2) I don't really like to lose control of my body and drinking screws your body up, anything that gives you a hang-over isn't good for me.
    3) If you need drugs or alcohol to have a good time and enhance your personality, then deep down, you are a very boring person.

Thinking about those things helps me alot..

Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    Another thing I do is think about WHY I want to do these things, over time I've ocme to conclusion that:

1) I can't think of a single reason to start smoking and the people I've asked that do smoke can't think of one either.
    2) I don't really like to lose control of my body and drinking screws your body up, anything that gives you a hang-over isn't good for me.
    3) If you need drugs or alcohol to have a good time and enhance your personality, then deep down, you are a very boring person.

Thinking about those things helps me alot..
    1) one big reason is seeing peers smoke another reason is living in a household of smokers and being brought up around it. Kids often learn by imitation so if their main role models are displaying this behaviour there is a higher chance the kid will evolve to follow suit.

2) good for you. this is also the reason most drinkers will often be heard saying "i'm never going to drink again" but obviously their desire to drink outweighs that and they end up drinking again...seems as people get older they do become more responsible with their drinking though.

3) I don't think it necessarily means you are necessarily boring, i think it can at times point to social ineptness but not consistently enough to say its a rule. It can also point to a lack of confidence but so can lots of things but this is of course assuming people "need" drugs or alcohol. Of course not all people who drink need to in order to have a good time.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

1) I still think the whole, 'Im going to smoke because it looks cool/my parents do' is ridiculous.. That's really not a reason to smoke when you think about it logically and consider the damage to your body.. :/

3) I don't mean that you are boring if you drink, I just mean that people that have to drink to have fun at a party can't be very fun themselves, if they need to change their conciousness in order to have fun.

1) I still think the whole, 'Im going to smoke because it looks cool/my parents do' is ridiculous.. That's really not a reason to smoke when you think about it logically and consider the damage to your body.. :/
    Behaviour isn't always logical, hence why smokers are smokers and can't give you a logical reason why. It really is a reason, i'm not suggesting its a logical reason based on the effects of smoking but it is one reason that causes people to smoke. You have to remember this isn't as much of a concious decision but rather but a sub concious and even primal desire to fit in or feel more adult like...it relates to younger people more when logical thinking isn't at its best and acceptance is more desired. When you do begin thinking more logically you may already have a chemical dependence.

There are lots of things that aren't exactly logical at the first look, like a fear of spiders, but if you look at things from where they first came around they make more sense, a reaction to spiders is said to come about as a survival tool. Seems irrational and illogical now but survival is pretty logical really. Learning from parents by mimicking behaviour and wanting to fit into packs can also be rather logical with that in mind.

3) I don't mean that you are boring if you drink, I just mean that people that have to drink to have fun at a party can't be very fun themselves, if they need to change their conciousness in order to have fun.
    Like i say, if it is a need it might not point to someone being boring it might point to someone being very anxious, having low confidence or some other problem they are masking with drink. They could be the most fascinating and interesting person ever but with a problem. I know exactly where you are coming from i just don't think its consistently true.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

Ok, well with the drinking and drugs thing, I just use the 'hospital senario' , if I was in a situation where I had to get someone to a hospital, I'd rather be in a state to do that. No-one I've ever met has been able to give me a reason to drink that can beat that.. :/

MizSeri
    Something that keeps me from the urges is seeing how the things I'm against affect my loved ones.

My father was an abusive drinker and my aunt died from complications from a liver transplant that she never would have needed if she didn't drink her liver dead.

Pretty much my entire family smokes and it makes me sick to be around them for long periods of time, smoke and the residue from it gives me migraines and my mother is in quite poor health from smoking.

Drugs just seem silly to me. I can't even wrap my head around the appeal of drugs. It's dangerous on numerous levels to use drugs, one is your health, two is if you're ever caught by authorities and three is what it takes to even get ahold of them. The drug market is not a good thing to be involved in.

I've been against these substances for as long as I can remember and beyond the above reasons, I'm also terrified of being a hypocrite and the effects it may have on people who look up to me.

Even though I'm not completely Straight Edge (I drink caffienated soda) I was considering getting a tattoo of the three X's to remind myself of my dedication to staying clean.
    Last edited by MizSeri; 01-19-2009 at 08:01 PM.

Im A Person Just Like You but I like to fuck some shoes D1988's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MizSeri
    Even though I'm not completely Straight Edge (I drink caffienated soda) I was considering getting a tattoo of the three X's to remind myself of my dedication to staying clean.
    You are either straight edge, or not straight edge. You can't be slightly straight edge or partly straight edge because you still consume something you, yourself, think is a drug.
    I'm a person just like you
    but I like to fuck some shoes
    On the sofa or in my bed
    It's better than getting head
    Tie the laces on my schlong
    'cos of a nike air max it's standing strong
    I'll even hump it till i bleed
    normal sex life i don't need

Thread Information