Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26

Thread: Edge Day

  1. #1
    I like pudding
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    iowa for now but im gonna go to Boston
    Posts
    164

    Question Edge Day

    I don't meen to sound dumb but when is Edge Day?
    Sorry I'm kind of new to Straight Edge.

  2. #2
    http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Brown View Post
    I don't meen to sound dumb but when is Edge Day?
    Sorry I'm kind of new to Straight Edge.
    october 17
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bradford
    Posts
    42
    What's edge day about? is that the day straight edge was started in the year? so i assume there's a big emphasis on the lifestyle, I never heard of edge day though, i guess I am still learning things.

  4. #4
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,367
    Quote Originally Posted by optimismdefeats View Post
    What's edge day about? is that the day straight edge was started in the year? so i assume there's a big emphasis on the lifestyle, I never heard of edge day though, i guess I am still learning things.
    nah, it's the day ten yard fight played their last show. it was essentially a joke that kept going and now there are usually shows in boston on edge day with edge bands.

  5. #5
    I like pudding
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    iowa for now but im gonna go to Boston
    Posts
    164
    so.......i should look up ten yard fight or what?

  6. #6
    http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Brown View Post
    so.......i should look up ten yard fight or what?
    yeah, they were pretty good
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

  7. #7
    Registered User Segadoway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    482
    can we claim it as a holiday or something?
    so then we can get out of work/school and like go to gigs or something
    ________
    XV1000
    Last edited by Segadoway; 01-19-2011 at 12:18 AM.

  8. #8
    I like pudding
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    iowa for now but im gonna go to Boston
    Posts
    164

    Talking

    i think we should be able to

  9. #9
    I like pudding
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    iowa for now but im gonna go to Boston
    Posts
    164
    by the way i looked up ten yard fight they were awsome what happend to them?
    by the way does anybody else get fucked with by thier parents because you're SxE?

  10. #10
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Brown View Post
    by the way i looked up ten yard fight they were awsome what happend to them?
    by the way does anybody else get fucked with by thier parents because you're SxE?
    like most bands they broke. one guy went on to do stand and fight, the rest sold out.

  11. #11
    Registered User Segadoway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    482
    im so fucking taking a day off
    ________
    GL1800
    Last edited by Segadoway; 01-19-2011 at 12:18 AM.

  12. #12
    Being Mean CarlaRant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    1,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Brown View Post
    by the way i looked up ten yard fight they were awsome what happend to them?
    by the way does anybody else get fucked with by thier parents because you're SxE?
    I haven't lived with my parents since in quite a while ;D

    When I did reside with them, they were concerned with my involvement with punk and hardcore, but were relieved when I explained more about the straightedge movement. They thought it was an excellent way for me to be a role model to my peers and my younger sister. Ironically, the very man that they were afraid of because of his appearance (squat man with tattoos on his forehead and hands) turned out to be my greatest mentor and eventually they encouraged me to hang around him more.

    Is it the scene that your parents have a problem with or do they think sxe is a gang? I know that some of my friends in high school tried to claim edge but their parents wigged out when they saw the X drawn on things, thinking it was some affiliation to a gang, a la 60Minutes.

  13. #13
    I like pudding
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    iowa for now but im gonna go to Boston
    Posts
    164
    It's not either of those resons
    it's that my parents are drunks.
    here let me share a memory with you
    this new years eve we went to a "party" with a couple of my parents friends,
    one of them asked me if i wanted a beer and i politly said "nah i'm sxe"
    and this guy didn't know what it meant so i explained it to him
    so a few minutes later my s-mom came in and heard me say "sxe" so she looks at her friend ,who by the way seems interested in what i have to say, and says one of the most ignorant dumb ass things i've ever heard she's like
    "they say 'Straight' but it's realy 'gay-edge'"
    so i ,instead of going off like my millitage back ground suggests, i left the room
    GOD she is such a fucking bitch

  14. #14
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Brown View Post
    It's not either of those resons
    it's that my parents are drunks.
    here let me share a memory with you
    this new years eve we went to a "party" with a couple of my parents friends,
    one of them asked me if i wanted a beer and i politly said "nah i'm sxe"
    and this guy didn't know what it meant so i explained it to him
    so a few minutes later my s-mom came in and heard me say "sxe" so she looks at her friend ,who by the way seems interested in what i have to say, and says one of the most ignorant dumb ass things i've ever heard she's like
    "they say 'Straight' but it's realy 'gay-edge'"
    so i ,instead of going off like my millitage back ground suggests, i left the room
    GOD she is such a fucking bitch

    militancy doesn't really do anything other than lead to escalation and in this case wouldn't really help anyone. What's most likely the case is that your parents know that they drink excessively and feel some kind of judgment based on your sobriety, so they lash out.

  15. #15
    I like pudding
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    iowa for now but im gonna go to Boston
    Posts
    164

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by xsecx View Post
    militancy doesn't really do anything other than lead to escalation and in this case wouldn't really help anyone. What's most likely the case is that your parents know that they drink excessively and feel some kind of judgment based on your sobriety, so they lash out.
    thanks dusty you're my new idol

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •