Thread: fallout 3

fallout 3

I just lost most of my weekend playing it.
    now I remember why I don't tend to play rpg type games. they tend to be so open ended that you lose complete track of time.

:)
    Straight Edge means I have no friends...

Im A Person Just Like You but I like to fuck some shoes D1988's Avatar
    I didn't like it and returned it to the store. I then had an argument with the idiot behind the counter because he said "the reason you are returning it is because you don't know how to play it". I tried telling him that I liked playing shooters, racers and sports games on the xbox but I spent alot of time playing wow on the PC so I wasn't unfamiliar with RPG type games. He then went on to say wow was "bollocks". I just had to laugh at this loser, because he worked in a game store it was like he was soem sort of game god and could decide what games everyone should like and not like.

But yeah, wasn't a fan of Fallout 3 to be honest. If I shoot something in the head 3 times, it should die. The 3rd person aspect of the game was terrible, you can tell it was developed with FPS almost solely in mind. Also, there is far to much decision making for my liking. I know it is an RPG but holy shit. I am guessing that is just my way of thinking though as I would rather just run in, blast everything in the place and blow it up.......
    I'm a person just like you
    but I like to fuck some shoes
    On the sofa or in my bed
    It's better than getting head
    Tie the laces on my schlong
    'cos of a nike air max it's standing strong
    I'll even hump it till i bleed
    normal sex life i don't need

Quote Originally Posted by D1988 View Post
    I didn't like it and returned it to the store. I then had an argument with the idiot behind the counter because he said "the reason you are returning it is because you don't know how to play it". I tried telling him that I liked playing shooters, racers and sports games on the xbox but I spent alot of time playing wow on the PC so I wasn't unfamiliar with RPG type games. He then went on to say wow was "bollocks". I just had to laugh at this loser, because he worked in a game store it was like he was soem sort of game god and could decide what games everyone should like and not like.

But yeah, wasn't a fan of Fallout 3 to be honest. If I shoot something in the head 3 times, it should die. The 3rd person aspect of the game was terrible, you can tell it was developed with FPS almost solely in mind. Also, there is far to much decision making for my liking. I know it is an RPG but holy shit. I am guessing that is just my way of thinking though as I would rather just run in, blast everything in the place and blow it up.......
    you do realize that it isn't a shooter and wasn't trying to be a shooter and everything you listed as a reason why you didn't like it, is exactly what makes an rpg and rpg and not a shooter, right? It's your loss though, it's a great game.

You blew it yourforgottenmemory's Avatar
    I've been considering getting it once I catch up with some of the games I haven't beaten yet. I finally bought dead rising many years after it came out. I killed almost 2000 zombies without saving the game and then I died. I was pissed to say the least

Quote Originally Posted by xsecx View Post
    you do realize that it isn't a shooter and wasn't trying to be a shooter and everything you listed as a reason why you didn't like it, is exactly what makes an rpg and rpg and not a shooter, right? It's your loss though, it's a great game.
    Yes, that is exactly what I was trying to say. Thats why I said it is probably just me who thinks of it in this way as I am more interested in a good shooter.

I don't think I am misssing out on anything as this isn't my type of game for playing on Xbox. I think on PC it might be a much better game. How they got so much from an Xbox game I will never know though. The graphics suffer because the game is so big I think.
    On the sofa or in my bed

Yes, that is exactly what I was trying to say. Thats why I said it is probably just me who thinks of it in this way as I am more interested in a good shooter.

I don't think I am misssing out on anything as this isn't my type of game for playing on Xbox. I think on PC it might be a much better game. How they got so much from an Xbox game I will never know though. The graphics suffer because the game is so big I think.
    dude, every critic gave the game a perfect score. and even metacritic has it really high. it looks great on the xbox and plays great, so I'm not really sure why you think the graphics suffer.

dude, every critic gave the game a perfect score. and even metacritic has it really high. it looks great on the xbox and plays great, so I'm not really sure why you think the graphics suffer.
    It plays OK apart from the shitty 3rd person view which is glitchy as hell.
    On the sofa or in my bed

It plays OK apart from the shitty 3rd person view which is glitchy as hell.
    something is wrong with you, I've like 10 hours in and it hasn't been glitchy at all and it has a 1st person view as well.

something is wrong with you, I've like 10 hours in and it hasn't been glitchy at all and it has a 1st person view as well.
    Thats what I said above dude. It plays well in first person, but in 3rd person it is terrible. You can tell the first person aspect was concentrated on much more.

When you run around in 3rd person it looks like you are floating or some shit.
    On the sofa or in my bed

Thats what I said above dude. It plays well in first person, but in 3rd person it is terrible. You can tell the first person aspect was concentrated on much more.

When you run around in 3rd person it looks like you are floating or some shit.
    like I said, you're broken. It doesn't look like that way to me or every critic that gave it a perfect score. Sometimes opinions are wrong, this is one of those times dude.

like I said, you're broken. It doesn't look like that way to me or every critic that gave it a perfect score. Sometimes opinions are wrong, this is one of those times dude.
    Dude, I'm not the only one with this opinion. I did some reading on forums after I first played it and one thing alot of people of the previous Fallouts complained about was the shitty 3rd person view. But they, like you, enjoyed everything else about it.
    On the sofa or in my bed

One of the crucial dudes.
    It is a glitchy game, my friend got stuck on some rocks and couldn't move, also he was stuck on some bookcase too. Apart from that it's apparently really good.
    Never will I bow my head in shame. I live this life for no one else. Save your judgement for yourself.

Thread Information