Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crucial Hardcore Punk Archive

Semi-Intelligent Entity xCrucialDudex's Avatar

Crucial Hardcore Punk Archive

Project web-site: http://www.c-h-p-a.org

So what exactly is CHPA? Our Mission Statement explains just that.

Project Mission Statement

The Crucial Hardcore Punk Archive strives to create an on-line, Internet-based, global hardcore and straight edge media archive available to anyone, anytime, any day of the year by creating, administering and constantly developing a public FTP server. The Crucial Hardcore Punk Archive makes it its primary goal to preserve hardcore, straight edge music and related media for future generations while adhering to DIY ethic, staying non-profit and preventing law and copyright infringement by vigilantly checking for legal permissions to host media files and providing consultation on the subject matter to anyone willing to contribute content to the Crucial Hardcore Punk Archive.
    Project overview and some background information

There is a set of ideas that drived the inception of Crucial Hardcore Punk Archive project.

I believe that music should be free of charge for it's not money that motivates people to create passionate songs about fellowship, hardcore, straight edge, personal and collective struggles, etc.

The ultimate goal of creating a music record is not money, it is being able to let others hear it, reach people with your message, let them enjoy it and receive feedback so why would we want to charge anyone for desire to listen to the music we created?

There's a very obvious and important role financial gratification plays in the society we live in where monetary system is at its core. The artists need your financial support to be able to record their music in a studio or issue CDs/vinyls, or simply say buy strings for instruments. I realise it and thus make it clear to everyone that if you're really into band and their music you should by all means support them financially.

This is crucial as it brings us to the idea that support comes from those who really care. People who don't want to pay for your music will find a way not do so anyway.

I also believe that music should be available to everyone willing to hear it and music should also be preserved so that other generations could access intellectual, artistic fortune of today.

To sum it up the core believes behind Crucial Hardcore Punk Archive are following:

o music should be free (it's not about the money, it's about the art and the message)
    o music should be available to everyone (let's make it available to the whole world at anytime)
    o music should be preserved (it's crucial hardcore punk archive)
    o support comes only from those who really care (people who don't want to pay for your music will find a way not to do so anyway)

Therefore Crucial Hardcore Punk Archive was created to serve a few specific purposes. First and foremost it provides a single point of access to hardcore/straight edge music and media from around the world free of charge, to anyone, 24/7/365. It stores music and other media permanently thus being ultimately an archive that can be accessed by younger generations in the future.

I emphasize the importance of creating an archive for the idea of running a global, comprehensive hardcore/straight edge archive created willingly by collective effort of hundreds of people from around the world thrills my mind.

I intend to do just that.

And I encourage and welcome you to become a part of Crucial Hardcore Punk Archive.
    Original announcement message below.

Okay, here's the deal.

I run an FTP server that hosts ONLY straight edge/hardcore punk media. MP3s, videos, pics whatever. I host only with permission of media files owners.

No metalcore, grindcore or shitty bands pretending to be playing hardcore punk music.

FTP server can be accessed as an anonymous user. That means that anyone who knows its IP address can access it, view & download files from it.

If you, your band or your friends' band(s) need to host their mp3s, live performance videos, music videos etc. feel free to tell them about this FTP server and tell them how to contact me.

I'll host straight edge/hardcore punk media with great pleasure.

host: 195.5.108.8
    port: 21
    login: anonymous
    or
    login: ftp

You can browse it in your web-browser application by clicking one of these links:

ftp://anonymous@195.5.108.8
    ftp://ftp@195.5.108.8

Server is up running 24/7. Some unplanned downtime is expected. It's free so it's kind of... expected. Server goes down seldom, though. But sometimes it does and you should keep it in mind.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by xCrucialDudex; 11-24-2009 at 07:25 AM.

this is awesome of you to set up.

http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    thats pretty neat, dude. awesome
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

Awesome!

Thank you, if I can find some good local straight edge hardcore, I'll be sure to upload it if possible.

i dont like how you say grindcore, and metalcore are shitty, or that they pretend to be hardcore.
    the rest is awesome

I like pudding
    dude i don't see y u don't like angery shit i'm srry but i don't

Quote Originally Posted by xsilentskiesx View Post
    Awesome!

Thank you, if I can find some good local straight edge hardcore, I'll be sure to upload it if possible.
    Currently there's no public upload account available so you will have to contact me and ask to create one for you. I'll help and explain how to work with FTP in case you have little or no experience. You just ask. Leave me a PM since I'm not regularly visiting the board but I do regularly check my e-mail and the board sends e-mail notifications of new PMs so that way I'll be able to respond quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Brown View Post
    dude i don't see y u don't like angery shit i'm srry but i don't
    it seems you slightly misread what I wrote.

I'm opposed to hosting metalcore or grindcore or whatever heavy, brutal music there is out there that is falsely called hardcore punk. Not the angry music, wrong genre of music.

kudos for the ftp

xRESPECTx xHONORx xPRIDEx

Thumbs up

This is a really kind thing to do.

I'm currently working on polishing project mission statement (I have it all done already actually but am still thinking over all the various details). I think I'm going to put it up on-line eventually, right within the boundaries of this very thread, for everyone to read and give back some input.

I guess soon.

Alright, the project mission statement is ready. Here it is

The Crucial Hardcore Punk Archive strives to create an on-line, Internet-based, global hardcore and straight edge media archive available to anyone, anytime, any day of the year by creating, administering and constantly developing a public FTP server. The Crucial Hardcore Punk Archive makes it its primary goal to preserve hardcore, straight edge music and related media for future generations while adhering to DIY ethic, staying non-profit and preventing law and copyright infringement by vigilantly checking for legal permissions to host media files and providing consultation on the subject matter to anyone willing to contribute content to the Crucial Hardcore Punk Archive.
    Project overview and some background information follows:

There is a set of ideas that drived the inception of Crucial Hardcore Punk Archive project.

I believe that music should be free of charge for it's not money that motivates people to create passionate songs about fellowship, hardcore, straight edge, personal and collective struggles, etc.

The ultimate goal of creating a music record is not money, it is being able to let others hear it, reach people with your message, let them enjoy it and receive feedback so why would we want to charge anyone for desire to listen to the music we created?

There's a very obvious and important role financial gratification plays in the society we live in where monetary system is at its core. The artists need your financial support to be able to record their music in a studio or issue CDs/vinyls, or simply say buy strings for instruments. I realise it and thus make it clear to everyone that if you're really into band and their music you should by all means support them financially.

This is crucial as it brings us to the idea that support comes from those who really care. People who don't want to pay for your music will find a way not do so anyway.

I also believe that music should be available to everyone willing to hear it and music should also be preserved so that other generations could access intellectual, artistic fortune of today.

To sum it up the core believes behind Crucial Hardcore Punk Archive are following:

o music should be free (it's not about the money, it's about the art and the message)
    o music should be available to everyone (let's make it available to the whole world at anytime)
    o music should be preserved (it's crucial hardcore punk archive)
    o support comes only from those who really care (people who don't want to pay for your music will find a way not to do so anyway)

Therefore Crucial Hardcore Punk Archive was created to serve a few specific purposes. First and foremost it provides a single point of access to hardcore/straight edge music and media from around the world free of charge, to anyone, 24/7/365. It stores music and other media permanently thus being ultimately an archive that can be accessed by younger generations in the future.

I emphasize the importance of creating an archive for the idea of running a global, comprehensive hardcore/straight edge archive created willingly by collective effort of hundreds of people from around the world thrills my mind.

I intend to do just that.

And I encourage and welcome you to become a part of Crucial Hardcore Punk Archive.
    If you have something to say now is the time.
    Last edited by xCrucialDudex; 03-28-2009 at 03:24 PM.

Registered User blindwithbeauty's Avatar
    thats cool dude... cheers from Bandung - indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by blindwithbeauty View Post
    thats cool dude... cheers from Bandung - indonesia
    hey thanks for words of cheer.
    if you're interested I'm most certain you could help.

despite this project looking as if it's NOT being developed or going anywhere (no music is added, no news, no changes) I'm working hard on a lot of things - in secrecy - but I'll spill the beans very soon and believe me when I say you could help with its development.

so if you're interested just let me know about the best way to contact you, okay?

Hey there,
    it's Crucial Hardcore Punk Archive Team here and we have some awesome news and information to share.

For those of you who haven't heard of Crucial Hardcore Punk Archive yet here's a short explanation:

In a word CHPA is Crucial Hardcore Punk Archive. As in crucial archive main focus of which is hardcore punk music and related sub-culture infused media.

It is a collaborative, non-profit, DIY project that's multipurpose: our main goal is to create and maintain hardcore punk music archive but there's also space for communication and growth of on-line community; the project itself is a vehicle and means for those involved to hone their skills, take part in a real-life project and create something remarkable and original.
    We hope you're already interested enough by now so we wanted to tell you in this message that:

1. We set up a project web-site and a forum

You can go to http://www.c-h-p-a.org and browse our web-site.

Make sure you read through the following sections:

About -- to learn more about the project.
    Join The Project -- to learn how to join and how you could help the project.
    Discover Archive -- to learn about various ways you can access our archive in.
    Submit Your Stuff -- to learn about how to submit your stuff to archive.

You're welcome and encouraged to join our Forum. You need to register an account to be able to post in our forum.

2. Our archive is available 24/7 to everyone free of charge.

Just open ftp://c-h-p-a.org/archive/ and download anything that's interesting for you.

3. We're recruiting team members!

This means you can help this project go father and become even better.

Please, read Join The Project section of our web-site and look into descriptions of available positions for:

- Communications Unit
    - Legal Unit
    - Technology Unit

if you're interested in joining us.

Whatever your role in this project will be - either a user or an active project team member - we want you to know you're most welcome to join us!

Best,
    CHPA Team.

Thread Information