Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ju-do

Ju-do

Sup guys, i stopped doing Pankration (boxing, muay thai, grappling) a few months back, and just recently, like....over a month ago i started Judo at the Hantokan club here in Redcliffe.
    I really loved it from the first class, got through all the breakfalls quickly then got into sparring and learning techniques, i was actually surprised at how much of an integral part sparring plays in each lesson, it makes up around 85-90% of class.
    I noticed some students will just show up week after week and never improve, but i can say for any willing student, progression comes quite fast, simply because it's immensely satisfying learning a technique, then applying it during Randori (sparring) and being successful. I feel more natural at Ne-waza (groundwork) because i have never done Tachi-waza before (standup grappling) and learning Kuzushi (throwing your opponent off balance) is relatively difficult to grasp early on.

There were two students from Japan at the Dojo visiting on a training holiday or something...Anyway, one of them was maybe...5'5 and around 120 lbs, and the other was around 5'8 and 190 lbs....I sparred both of them in Newaza and Tachiwaza, i consider myself a fairly decent athlete, i'm around 6'1-6'2 and just under 220 lbs.
    Never in my entire life have i felt so abused as i did when i fought these two guys. I had sparred a black belt (Shodan) the week before and did okay due to my background, but....This was on a whole other level, apparently they were 5th dan, and were international competitors, and i can say the degree of hopelessness that i felt was astounding, and the speed that i was being submitted/thrown just blew my mind.
    I was almost 100 lbs heavier than the small guy and he made me feel like an absolute rag doll. I started imagining scenarios of how to escape with dirty tactics (obviously i would never attempt such a thing, it was only a thought) and i genuinely believe with both of them, if i tried to gouge eyes and were successful, i would've still ended up with a broken bone or destroyed joint. Unfortunately at the end of class i sprained my ankle badly just while warming down, so i go back again tommorow for the first time in a few weeks, hopefully they haven't left the country, because i would love to spar with them again.
    My intention is to compete in Submission grappling when my skills have improved, my friend does BJJ and we plan to cross train on each other in the near future.

Jared

attilla's greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreat grandhun SgtD's Avatar
    that sounds pretty cool. I did judo from age 10-13, i really liked it, but had to stop because of an injury.

official retarded child chadfitzy's Avatar
    what injury?

Quote Originally Posted by chadfitzy View Post
    what injury?
    i got a joint removed from the middle finger on my left hand, i don't have a nail on it and can't stretch it all the way. this made my gripping less hard, and also painful at times.

Im A Person Just Like You but I like to fuck some shoes D1988's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtD View Post
    i got a joint removed from the middle finger on my left hand, i don't have a nail on it and can't stretch it all the way. this made my gripping less hard, and also painful at times.
    What the hell, I thought it was going to be some bad leg injury or back injury or something. Dini quit judo because he broke a finger nail, pussy!
    I'm a person just like you
    but I like to fuck some shoes
    On the sofa or in my bed
    It's better than getting head
    Tie the laces on my schlong
    'cos of a nike air max it's standing strong
    I'll even hump it till i bleed
    normal sex life i don't need

Quote Originally Posted by D1988 View Post
    What the hell, I thought it was going to be some bad leg injury or back injury or something. Dini quit judo because he broke a finger nail, pussy!
    says the guy who plays hockey with all the safety gear on!

says the guy who plays hockey with all the safety gear on!
    Even with all the gear on, it still hurts like hell when you get hit!
    On the sofa or in my bed

Even with all the gear on, it still hurts like hell when you get hit!
    look who's the pussy now!

look who's the pussy now!
    Yeah even though my hip is fucked and clicks when I walk now, and I am sore every weekend after hockey, I still do it. If I break a finger nail though, that is a different story. Career ending shit right there.

Atleast I now know your weakness Dini!
    On the sofa or in my bed

Yeah even though my hip is fucked and clicks when I walk now, and I am sore every weekend after hockey, I still do it. If I break a finger nail though, that is a different story. Career ending shit right there.

Atleast I now know your weakness Dini!
    the thing is, i didn't even break the fingernail. it had to be removed surgically, in order to be able to remove the joint and whatnot.

anyway, a fucked up hip is not cool. mine is clicking a lot, so is my back and almost every bone in my body.

damn, this is talk i hear from old men!

Yeah even though my hip is fucked and clicks when I walk now, and I am sore every weekend after hockey, I still do it.
    smart move!! swimming might help you strengthen your hip, i had something similar for a long time, swimming or yoga should help.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

Quote Originally Posted by straightXed View Post
    smart move!! swimming might help you strengthen your hip, i had something similar for a long time, swimming or yoga should help.
    Cool.

I think landing hard on my hip a few times isn't the overall cause of the sketchy hip. I think I have naturally, quite strange hips, they are not very flexible and seem to hurt really easily.

Swimming is something I should really start doing regularly as well as going to the gym more.

Dini, that sucks about your finger dude. I know it was alot more than a broken finger nail, was just joking with you. You would have done the same, old man.
    On the sofa or in my bed

http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    pics or it didnt happen
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

Quote Originally Posted by rodrigo View Post
    pics or it didnt happen
    you wanted it, you got it.

Cool.

I think landing hard on my hip a few times isn't the overall cause of the sketchy hip. I think I have naturally, quite strange hips, they are not very flexible and seem to hurt really easily.

Swimming is something I should really start doing regularly as well as going to the gym more.

Dini, that sucks about your finger dude. I know it was alot more than a broken finger nail, was just joking with you. You would have done the same, old man.
    no biggie, i'm a happy cripple!

Thread Information