Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Parkour?!!?

Quote Originally Posted by Segadoway View Post
    FUCK URBAN FREEFLOW! seriously those fucking arseholes! i cannot even begin to say how many things are wrong with those fuckers
    Wow, hostile.

Quote Originally Posted by straightXed View Post
    Perhaps you should try and be able to say how many things are wrong with them because right now all i'm getting from this is that you hate them and like to swear but i have no idea why you hate them. You seem so angry like they have really harmed you and done something very wrong but i have no idea what.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaRant View Post
    Agreed.
    they put themselves off to be the creators of parkour, try to commercialize the sport thus destroying the whole philosophy of it, they are trying to create parkour competition once again destroying what the whole sport is about, and they also threatened the entire australia parkour movement i quote "you guys will be steam rollered, on a global scale" because we refused to let them take over and control the entire movement in australia, then they tried to sue us because we stood against it.
    ________
    vaporizers
    Last edited by Segadoway; 01-18-2011 at 11:18 PM.

Thank you for explaining. I can understand why that would make you upset.

However, competition is within the the very definition of the word sport, so if someone wants to classify parkour as a legitimate sport, there needs to be competitions, correct? Forgive my literal interpretation, but I am an English teacher. It sounds like you're more upset about the group's attempt to capitalize on the artform and philosophy which is parkour. I only brought the group up to make a point about the possible evolution of parkour into a sport since it was mentioned in this thread. Obviously there is a lot of personal politics and dissertion within the parkour community which I am unaware.

i think i'll just stick to skateboarding :)
    I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

visit http://www.z-spot.be/
    Z-spot Gaming community
    No Ego's, no "pwnage", just gaming

Quote Originally Posted by Lifestyle_X View Post
    i think i'll just stick to skateboarding :)
    Good choice!
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaRant View Post
    Thank you for explaining. I can understand why that would make you upset.

However, competition is within the the very definition of the word sport, so if someone wants to classify parkour as a legitimate sport, there needs to be competitions, correct? Forgive my literal interpretation, but I am an English teacher. It sounds like you're more upset about the group's attempt to capitalize on the artform and philosophy which is parkour. I only brought the group up to make a point about the possible evolution of parkour into a sport since it was mentioned in this thread. Obviously there is a lot of personal politics and dissertion within the parkour community which I am unaware.
    a sport can be an activity, there are sports that are non competitive too.
    there is also a hell of a lot more things that EZ and his bullshit corporation u$f have done.
    ________
    Kawasaki KD80
    Last edited by Segadoway; 01-18-2011 at 11:19 PM.

a sport can be an activity, there are sports that are non competitive too.
    there is also a hell of a lot more things that EZ and his bullshit corporation u$f have done.

I'm sure you are right but i can't think of a sport that isn't competitive now!?

I'm sure you are right but i can't think of a sport that isn't competitive now!?
    running is a sport but it doesn't have to be a competition.
    a dictionary definition i got was "Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively." as you can see it says OFTEN.

running is a sport but it doesn't have to be a competition.
    a dictionary definition i got was "Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively." as you can see it says OFTEN.
    Running as a sport is competitive though, competing against others or time and yourself. Running to get the bus doesn't conjure up sport at all, neither does my commute to work even though driving too can be a sport when its put in context with competition and rules.

The use of often could refer to the removal of intense competition like for instance in a charity sporting event by people who aren't really athletes, its still a sporting event governed by rules but the win lose factor becomes less significant...i guess thats the same for fun runs and the like, they aren't really as competitive either but are still structured in a competitive way. So i'm still struggling to find a sport that is completely free from that and is just an activity.

Running as a sport is competitive though, competing against others or time and yourself. Running to get the bus doesn't conjure up sport at all, neither does my commute to work even though driving too can be a sport when its put in context with competition and rules.

The use of often could refer to the removal of intense competition like for instance in a charity sporting event by people who aren't really athletes, its still a sporting event governed by rules but the win lose factor becomes less significant...i guess thats the same for fun runs and the like, they aren't really as competitive either but are still structured in a competitive way. So i'm still struggling to find a sport that is completely free from that and is just an activity.
    well i cant find the thing anywhere, but a guy (i think it was yaro) on the pk forums made a thread explaining how it is a sport, ill try to find it for you, or ill make a new thread asking.

well i cant find the thing anywhere, but a guy (i think it was yaro) on the pk forums made a thread explaining how it is a sport, ill try to find it for you, or ill make a new thread asking.

Ok then i look forward to reading it.

Ok then i look forward to reading it.
    as do i its been a while, sorry i just got back from work havent been able to get him lol

as do i its been a while, sorry i just got back from work havent been able to get him lol
    No worries, i have patience.

No worries, i have patience.
    damn page isnt loading on my computer, i should have it done within the week though

Thread Information