Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Parkour?!!?

Parkour?!!?

Best sport out there. I think. i practice it quite often and its pretty damn fun.

If you don't know what it is...here ya go.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH114yikV34

note: i didnt make the video...so yea.

attilla's greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreat grandhun SgtD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkCarni View Post
    Best sport out there. I think. i practice it quite often and its pretty damn fun.

If you don't know what it is...here ya go.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH114yikV34

note: i didnt make the video...so yea.
    my brother does parkour, and i keep telling him to find something else, but to no end.

official retarded child chadfitzy's Avatar
    ive heard of it. i actually really want to do it. is it something you can pick up or do you have to be in peak visical form with super human strenght?

One of the crucial dudes.
    It's also refered to as 'free running' over here, there were a bunch of programs about it when it became popular. I thought it was cool, but I don't have the strenght or acrobatic skills to do it.
    Never will I bow my head in shame. I live this life for no one else. Save your judgement for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by xAllTheRagex View Post
    It's also refered to as 'free running' over here, there were a bunch of programs about it when it became popular. I thought it was cool, but I don't have the strenght or acrobatic skills to do it.
    Freerunning is different....WAY DIFFERENT!!!!!! sorry i have to emphasize that. mainly because freerunning includes flips

Quote Originally Posted by chadfitzy View Post
    ive heard of it. i actually really want to do it. is it something you can pick up or do you have to be in peak visical form with super human strenght?
    No you can pick it up. but you'll have to start working out to get better at it. Endurance is important and being able to multiple pull ups. So you can pull yourself up over a ledge. Ive seen some pretty scrawny kids do it. But you gain muscle the more you do, do it.

Im A Person Just Like You but I like to fuck some shoes D1988's Avatar
    This is actually classed as a sport now?
    I'm a person just like you
    but I like to fuck some shoes
    On the sofa or in my bed
    It's better than getting head
    Tie the laces on my schlong
    'cos of a nike air max it's standing strong
    I'll even hump it till i bleed
    normal sex life i don't need

Quote Originally Posted by D1988 View Post
    This is actually classed as a sport now?
    Well yeah..i mean some people call it a lifestyle...But essentially it's a sport.

dictionary.com - Sport- an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc.

its not competitive but id does require physical prowess

One of the crucial dudes.
    Freerunning is different....WAY DIFFERENT!!!!!! sorry i have to emphasize that. mainly because freerunning includes flips.
    Oh right. I guess that's uninformed documentaries on Channel 4 for you.
    Never will I bow my head in shame. I live this life for no one else. Save your judgement for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by xAllTheRagex View Post
    Oh right. I guess that's uninformed documentaries on Channel 4 for you.
    yeah...thats what happens. i think they just say that because parkour is hard to understand whilst freerunning is a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtD View Post
    my brother does parkour, and i keep telling him to find something else, but to no end.
    encourage him to do it, but get some proper coaching and learn about the sport itself, do it responsibly and learn what it is about, dont just go out and jump of shit

yeah...thats what happens. i think they just say that because parkour is hard to understand whilst freerunning is a little better.
    i cannot believe you just said that

Well yeah..i mean some people call it a lifestyle...But essentially it's a sport.

dictionary.com - Sport- an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc.

its not competitive but id does require physical prowess
    its more of a martial art, but it also a sport a way of life and an art

Freerunning is different....WAY DIFFERENT!!!!!! sorry i have to emphasize that. mainly because freerunning includes flips

No you can pick it up. but you'll have to start working out to get better at it. Endurance is important and being able to multiple pull ups. So you can pull yourself up over a ledge. Ive seen some pretty scrawny kids do it. But you gain muscle the more you do, do it.
    ANYONE can do it, its not that they are scrawny that is called tone.

freerunning is more about self expression through movement and is more flashy and thus inefficient, parkour's goal is to be fast, efficient and safe
    ________
    vaporizer reviews
    Last edited by Segadoway; 01-18-2011 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Segadoway View Post

its more of a martial art, but it also a sport a way of life and an art

It what sense is it a martial art? Are the moves designed to defeat an aggressor physically and defend physical attacks? I've never seen it in this light and being that i follow martials arts quite closely i have to question that statement.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

Parkour and freeflow/run has fascinated me for some time now. I've seen videos and heard of classes being offered to train traceurs a/o runners. I didn't realize it had gotten so big. I did see on http://www.urbanfreeflow.com/events/ that there is development of competitve events, which then would qualify it as a sport, but I'm still confused as to why you are considering it a martial art.

I admire the ideology of not being hindered by the physical boundaries society has placed; it reminds me of something one of my anarchist friends would say.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaRant View Post
    Parkour and freeflow/run has fascinated me for some time now. I've seen videos and heard of classes being offered to train traceurs a/o runners. I didn't realize it had gotten so big. I did see on http://www.urbanfreeflow.com/events/ that there is development of competitve events, which then would qualify it as a sport, but I'm still confused as to why you are considering it a martial art.

I admire the ideology of not being hindered by the physical boundaries society has placed; it reminds me of something one of my anarchist friends would say.
    FUCK URBAN FREEFLOW! seriously those fucking arseholes! i cannot even begin to say how many things are wrong with those fuckers

Quote Originally Posted by straightXed View Post
    It what sense is it a martial art? Are the moves designed to defeat an aggressor physically and defend physical attacks? I've never seen it in this light and being that i follow martials arts quite closely i have to question that statement.
    a martial arts does not have to be aggressive, it is to be used to get to or away from dangerous situations, it can also be cross trained with other martial arts to help during a fight
    ________
    Buell XB12S
    Last edited by Segadoway; 01-18-2011 at 11:17 PM.

a martial arts does not have to be aggressive, it is to be used to get to or away from dangerous situations, it can also be cross trained with other martial arts to help during a fight
    I never suggested it had to be aggressive but i did illustrate what common elements all martial arts have, which is a structure used to deal with some kind of attack and a defence system. I think its a stretch to call it a martial art and have seen nothing to suggest it is. Anything can be cross trained, that doesn't make it a martial art. I mean i run, swim, do a little weight training and even a little dancing and it all feeds into my kung fu training and would help me in a fight but it doesn't make any of those things martial arts. So for now it seems pretty clear that its no more a martial art than running, sure its useful and can be taken on board by a martial artist to aid and improve areas of their training but it certainly isn't designed as a martial art.

FUCK URBAN FREEFLOW! seriously those fucking arseholes! i cannot even begin to say how many things are wrong with those fuckers
    Perhaps you should try and be able to say how many things are wrong with them because right now all i'm getting from this is that you hate them and like to swear but i have no idea why you hate them. You seem so angry like they have really harmed you and done something very wrong but i have no idea what.

Thread Information