Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Metal!!

Quote Originally Posted by straightXed View Post
    maybe, but that still puzzles me especially if you are following the idea that songs promoting satan or going against christianity is reason to not listen to a band. When you find that this is also true of slayer it makes that reasoning a little flawed, however, even if that weren't the case it would still puzzle me why someone would support and promote ideas that are contrary to their own faith and religion. I mean its not like its just a case of differing beliefs its a case of actually ridiculing your faith, for comparison, its one thing listening to a band that promotes drug use its another to listen to a band telling you how dumb you are for being straightedge. I guess i think that over shadows how it sounds or at least plays a large enough part in things to make me find it puzzling why someone would omit that.
    true
    but i dont know it all just depends on the band and how good they are sometimes i can just look over that idk dude its complicated lol
    Better to die quick fighting on your feet then to live forever begging on your limbs..

just got back from seeing an AMAZING show.

Vitamin X (super fast straight edge hardcore from amsterdam) and Thou (Down-tuned sludge metal from lousiana).

Thou is my favorite band to get together in the past 5 years and they never disappoint live, but this set was AMAZING. they covered "screaming at a wall" and "sweet leaf" in the same set. i am so blown away still, and my neck hurts from headbanging.

metal as fuck. \m/
    It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It’s us. Only us.

Quote Originally Posted by XDamonXHawkinsX View Post
    true
    but i dont know it all just depends on the band and how good they are sometimes i can just look over that idk dude its complicated lol
    Its not complicated, is a matter of consistency, you either have a problem with bands being down on your religion or you don't. When you pick and chose when to use that reason and when to omit it pretty much voids that reason of integrity.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

Quote Originally Posted by xGriffox View Post
    just got back from seeing an AMAZING show.

Vitamin X (super fast straight edge hardcore from amsterdam) and Thou (Down-tuned sludge metal from lousiana).

Thou is my favorite band to get together in the past 5 years and they never disappoint live, but this set was AMAZING. they covered "screaming at a wall" and "sweet leaf" in the same set. i am so blown away still, and my neck hurts from headbanging.

metal as fuck. \m/
    Wow, vitamin x are still going!
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

Some of you liked Finnish metal, so I can recommend you one band. They're big in Finland but I don't think they're very well-known in other countries.

Stam1na (and their song Hammasratas)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIT4nsOorxs

They're awesome live. Great moshpits, especially Wall of Deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by straightXed View Post
    Wow, vitamin x are still going!
    they are never going to stop at this rate. I saw them at ABC no rio twice in less than a year, which is totally unheard of with non US-based bands and even pretty unheard of of bands within the US unless they live really close.
    It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It’s us. Only us.

Thread Information