Thread: sXe bands that aren't punk (or some form of punk)

sXe bands that aren't punk (or some form of punk)

Alright, I'm obviously straight edge, but I'm kind of unique. I absolutely fucking hate punk music of any form (Except post-hardcore, I guess). I love rock, and metal. All the ones I have been able to find all sound like death/hardcore/destroy my fucking eardrum metal. If I'm going to listen to music, I want to be able to understand what the lead singer is singing. Are there any sXe bands out there that aren't punk, but rock?

Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Slain
    Alright, I'm obviously straight edge, but I'm kind of unique. I absolutely fucking hate punk music of any form (Except post-hardcore, I guess). I love rock, and metal. All the ones I have been able to find all sound like death/hardcore/destroy my fucking eardrum metal. If I'm going to listen to music, I want to be able to understand what the lead singer is singing. Are there any sXe bands out there that aren't punk, but rock?

Thanks guys.
    Straightedge bands are hardcore, straightedge is really only relative to hardcore music. Its what makes straightedge more than simply being drug free, its a sub culture based in the hardcore music scene in which kids are into hardcore and are drug free. Its easy to blur this line and forget just how much of an important role hardcore plays in what straightedge actually is but straightedge is relative to hardcore. I'm sure theres a fair few rock bands that may share your view on drugs but once you remove those views from the straightedge hardcore scene it tends to become something different, and whilst its still great its not something that relates to straightedge anymore. I hope that helps.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

Semi-Intelligent Entity xCrucialDudex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slain
    Alright, I'm obviously straight edge, but I'm kind of unique.
    Actually, there a lot of people who call themselves straight edge while disliking hardcore punk music.

Quote Originally Posted by xCrucialDudex
    Actually, there a lot of people who call themselves straight edge while disliking hardcore punk music.
    yes, but there are a lot of people who misuse terms all the time.

Thread Information