Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I don't trust the canadians.

Semi-Intelligent Entity xCrucialDudex's Avatar
    Ugh, I look at HR and then at this guy (especially in the first video you posted a URL to) and see that they are oh-so-similar in how they move. Why are you so sure that this guy didn't take HR's manner of dancing and just developed it and interpreted it in his own way? Why can't it be so? Because other video clips don't have hardcore sound tracks? That just means that - no hardcore sound tracks in the video clips but not necessarily disproves the idea that this guy could develop his spastic dancing on HR's one.

Anyway,

Quote Originally Posted by xCrucialDudex
    Well, regardless of this guy trying to act like Bad Brain's singer or doing the shit he does just for fun it still has a high resemblance to how Bad Brain's singer moves on stage.
    Perhaps I failed at communicating the message so I'll rephrase it. As you pointed out there were other videos with this guy doing the same weird dance the probability of him doing an intentional mockery of HR is nil. I acknowledge that. And I said that regardless of this being true or not I still can see high resemblance in the way they both dance.

Is it more to the point now?

Now as we had this argument going I've come up with idea that there might be a certain relation to HR in the way this guy dances because I can see a high resemblance between these two!

Can anyone prove or disprove this? I guess no one can but the guy himself.

Seems like either I didn't express my thoughts clearly or you did misunderstand me at a certain point of this conversation.

I don't mean to be rude but you talk mountain of evidence but here's the point you still haven't disproved yet. And I guess you can't.
    Last edited by xCrucialDudex; 04-09-2008 at 01:03 PM.

Well, neither can I prove that I'm 100% right in my assumptions.

It's all speculation.

I don't mean to be rude but you talk mountain of evidence but here's the point you still haven't disproved yet. And I guess you can't.
    Disregard this comment, please. It's totally unrelated and was obviously some sort of uncontrollable vent. I didn't mean to say that, actually.

The more I think of it all the more I come to a conclusion that there is basically no evidence that can disprove the idea that this guy makes fun of hr by imitating his manner of dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by xsecx
    but the point is that if he essentially does the same dance regardless of the song, then how is it at all related to bad brains?
    It could be related explicitly to HR manners of dancing. Essentially this is what I was trying to say from the very beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by stepinsideissue
    Dude is just everywhere dancing to everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI9XA...eature=related
    Right, but I personally have never seen anything of the sort anywhere but in BB's performance live on stage. Is it a pure coincidence or has a certain relation? What if the guy started with hardcore punk sound tracks and decided to proceed with other genres of music? Couldn't it happen this way? I see no reason why it couldn't happen exactly this way.

Okay, if there are even more guys like HR and this canadian dude doing this weird, spastic dancing that probably sums it all up pretty much. I'm might be dead wrong assuming that this guy mocks HR (or anyone else at all) and I'm pretty ready to acknowledge that. Yet the ultimate trust I'd put in the words of the canadian dude himself had I have an opportunity to ask him for clarifications and get a reply.

Well, do you see now where I'm getting at?

You guys are so quick to conclude that it has nothing to do with HR while I hold a belief that it might just be the case. As I said it before you can't basically deny this idea unless you know exactly that the canadian guy isn't mocking HR or someone else.

The more I think of it all the more I come to a conclusion that there is basically no evidence that can disprove the idea that this guy makes fun of hr by imitating his manner of dancing.

It could be related explicitly to HR manners of dancing. Essentially this is what I was trying to say from the very beginning.

Right, but I personally have never seen anything of the sort anywhere but in BB's performance live on stage. Is it a pure coincidence or has a certain relation? What if the guy started with hardcore punk sound tracks and decided to proceed with other genres of music? Couldn't it happen this way? I see no reason why it couldn't happen exactly this way.

Okay, if there are even more guys like HR and this canadian dude doing this weird, spastic dancing that probably sums it all up pretty much. I'm might be dead wrong assuming that this guy mocks HR (or anyone else at all) and I'm pretty ready to acknowledge that. Yet the ultimate trust I'd put in the words of the canadian dude himself had I have an opportunity to ask him for clarifications and get a reply.

You guys are so quick to conclude that it has nothing to do with HR while I hold a belief that it might just be the case. As I said it before you can't basically deny this idea unless you know exactly that the canadian guy isn't mocking HR or someone else.
    would we be having this conversation if the minor threat video had been posted first?

would we be having this conversation if the minor threat video had been posted first?
    I don't really know. It wasn't because of music that I saw the resemblance. HR's way of dancing is unforgettable and so expressive I had an instant comparison to him inside my head by just looking at the canadian dude.

I guess I would have drawn this comparison regardless of soundtrack but it would have had perhaps somewhat less potential to create this much misunderstanding and predispose the conversation to go the way it went.

We would have probably gotten to a point denoted by my previous post quicker.

I don't really know. It wasn't because of music that I saw the resemblance. HR's way of dancing is unforgettable and so expressive I had an instant comparison to him inside my head by just looking at the canadian dude.

I guess I would have drawn this comparison regardless of soundtrack but it would have had perhaps somewhat less potential to create this much misunderstanding and predispose the conversation to go the way it went.

We would have probably gotten to a point denoted by my previous post quicker.
    you do realize that you're the only one here that thinks there is any kind of resemblance and that I and others here don't think he looks like he's dancing like HR and that it's most likely simply because it was a bad brains song that you thought this. There's no back flips and no jumps, dude's moving really slow and not completely sporadic , and he's doing standard indie rock dance moves.

so let's compare
    this
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=aWWI2rGdda4
    with this
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q_9tw1jFkTA

they're just not related.

http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar

okay, lets say he might be doing it to look like hr dancing.
    i take you have seen more than one bad brains video, you know, to really make a comparision between both guys dancing. in that case, you might have seen the most distinctive movements that HR does on stage, for example the backflip, when he throws himself to the ground and running around like crazy and probably landing on his knees or downstage.
    if he's doing an immitation of HR, its a really crappy one.

-so maybe lets not say he was doing an immitation of HR-

really? have you seen at the drive-in? or even the red hot chili peppers guys dancing?

no i dont see it, i cant deny the idea, but i can disprove it becase theres no actual evidence of him doing that, by the way you see stuff, if the guy appears in a video walking, he's probably doing an imitation of HR walking, i mean, he probably saw bad brains playing and then he decided to walk just like HR walks.

oh god! just found out! maybe in videos of hr when he appears talking, he's probably doing it to make fun of people who talk!

now, can you explain to me why it would make sense to anybody, him and you included, to dance like HR in every other video of every other song or style or band

check this, he's probably making fun of hr dancing with this song too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqDkacgzIRI
    oh this one too
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MY8urIB_7A

i bet this guy was also thinking of HR while dancing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRnWRMA8VRA
    maybe even him too, i think i saw hr once doing something like this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNF_P281Uu4
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

you do realize that you're the only one here that thinks there is any kind of resemblance and that I and others here don't think he looks like he's dancing like HR and that it's most likely simply because it was a bad brains song that you thought this.
    I do. I also do realize that you point out the fact that when a few members of the board have an unanimous point of view regarding anything that it should be considered as a valid one. While this is most likely to be true it doesn't necessarily always have to be so.

There's no back flips and no jumps, dude's moving really slow and not completely sporadic , and he's doing standard indie rock dance moves.

so let's compare
    this
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=aWWI2rGdda4
    with this
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q_9tw1jFkTA

they're just not related.
    There were no back flips in Bad Brain's video you gave URL to either. That doesn't even matter that much since I'm not talking about the canadian dude trying to copycat hr.

When you see something that reminds you of an apple and be it its shape or taste and you say: "It reminds me of an apple". What can be intrinsically wrong with that statement? Even though some people may disagree that that what you see or taste has any resemblance to an apple does that make it remind you of apple somehow less?

Okay, I officially acknowledge that I was dead wrong.
    I can now see what you were trying to convey. Thanks for the efforts =)

xXx One Sick Puppy xXx stepinsideissue's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mouseman004
    Please don't advertise his videos. Everytime you post one of his videos, you are doing a bad thing for my people.

The only one doing a bad thing to or for "your" people is this dude.
    This so called shit is what I live for. It's why I'm alive. I'll never smother the fire forever burning inside.

I'm at the point where I'm sucked in. By the message I get this passion.

The fury is mine. It keeps me alive. I can't breathe till I release what's inside.

Thread Information