Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Edge tattoos, what do you think?

Edge tattoos, what do you think?

A lot of people [mostly non-straightedge, and sell outs] have told me that they didn't agree with getting straightedge tattoos.
    "What if you decide you want to have a beer after work when you're 50, or something?"

How does everybody else feel about this?

[And, in case you were wondering, I do have straightedge tattoos; a single bold black X on the back of both of my upper arms, right above my elbows.]
    The X means forever.

attilla's greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreat grandhun SgtD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jupiter
    A lot of people [mostly non-straightedge, and sell outs] have told me that they didn't agree with getting straightedge tattoos.
    "What if you decide you want to have a beer after work when you're 50, or something?"

How does everybody else feel about this?

[And, in case you were wondering, I do have straightedge tattoos; a single bold black X on the back of both of my upper arms, right above my elbows.]
    it's really up to the person. I don't have edge tattoos, I'm planning to get one, but you don't know where you'll end up in life. having a tattoo to remind you that you didn't live up to your beliefs is of course not a pleasent thing, although, you can regret any tattoos.
    some people would say that they dont need to be reminded by tattoos what they believe in and how they live their lives, but to each his own.

Registered User xcriterionmasterx's Avatar
    i plan on getting a straight edge tattoo next year. i am going to get the traditional three x's on my back. but what i am doing, is getting many things done on my back, all so i can look back in 10-20 years, and be like "this was my life when i was 18". things that represent how i am at this moment in my life, but things that at least have meaning. if something happens to me between then, and somehow i break edge, then it won't be me anymore, but i won't regret the tattoo.

I've been edge for over half my life now and I don't have one, nor will I be getting one. I also think people getting them until they hit their late 20s is a bad bad idea and ends up with really funny coverup jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by xsecx
    I've been edge for over half my life now and I don't have one, nor will I be getting one. I also think people getting them until they hit their late 20s is a bad bad idea and ends up with really funny coverup jobs.

I can definitely see what you mean.
    However, even if I did for some reason ever break edge [which is far from likely to happen for various reasons], at least I will have the reminder that i once stood for something, and felt so strongly about something, that I felt confident enough and had the pride enough to get my body marked for life.
    I would never get my X's covered up, because I would never be ashamed of such a positive time in my life.
    The X means forever.

xXx One Sick Puppy xXx stepinsideissue's Avatar
    I too have been edge for a good portion of my almost 30 years. I have two edge tattoos. I don't regret getting them at all. I can't say for sure who or what I will be when I'm 50 but I do know that this life, this music, all the kids, have and always will be a big part of my life and even if I'm not edge one day it was still a part of who I was and I don't ever want to forget that or all the good times I've had!

Like with any ink it's really up to you.
    This so called shit is what I live for. It's why I'm alive. I'll never smother the fire forever burning inside.

I'm at the point where I'm sucked in. By the message I get this passion.

The fury is mine. It keeps me alive. I can't breathe till I release what's inside.

I have an edge tattoo. It's a bird, and around the bird it says Straight Edge. I know I will always be edge, so that's why I got it. It takes up my upper right arm, and I love it.

I think if you are edge, it shouldn't be the question of weather you think getting an edge tattoo is dumb or not, it should be the question of, do you want a tattoo at all? I believe that if you just don't want to get a tattoo, thats completely fine, because you don't want tattoos. But I think if any edge person says they think it is dumb to get an edge tattoo for any other reason than they just don't like/want tattoo's in general,....makes me believe they have doubts about being edge themself. There is nothing wrong what so ever about getting an edge tattoo, UNLESS you just don't like tattoos in general. I'm not saying that every edge person that likes tattoos SHOULD/HAS to get an edge tattoo, but the idea of it isn't dumb at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyX
    I think if you are edge, it shouldn't be the question of weather you think getting an edge tattoo is dumb or not, it should be the question of, do you want a tattoo at all? I believe that if you just don't want to get a tattoo, thats completely fine, because you don't want tattoos. But I think if any edge person says they think it is dumb to get an edge tattoo for any other reason than they just don't like/want tattoo's in general,....makes me believe they have doubts about being edge themself. There is nothing wrong what so ever about getting an edge tattoo, UNLESS you just don't like tattoos in general. I'm not saying that every edge person that likes tattoos SHOULD/HAS to get an edge tattoo, but the idea of it isn't dumb at all.
    I agree.
    The X means forever.

from the deep south.
    Yes I have a Varsity X on each calf and I do regret them sometimes, not because they are edge tattoos but because I have leg tattoos which is unattractive to a lot of people and also having nonstop questions about x's and then having to fill them in on straight edge sucks too so I usually try to cut it down to just saying it represents my drug free lifestyle. I also think there are a lot worse tattoos you can get than a straight edge tattoo.

What does everybody think about bold black X's on backs of the hands?
    The X means forever.

Quote Originally Posted by jupiter
    What does everybody think about bold black X's on backs of the hands?
    ultimate job stoppers. Definitely don't get them until you are older, have a steady job that doesn't care about tattoos, and know you aren't gonna break edge.
    It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. Itís us. Only us.

Reno.
    Quote Originally Posted by xGriffox
    ultimate job stoppers. Definitely don't get them until you are older, have a steady job that doesn't care about tattoos, and know you aren't gonna break edge.
    Truth, there. I have xxx on the back of my neck and it's low enough to cover with a shirt (just!)

Where I come from, bold black X's tattooed on the backs of people's hands represent a sort of gang affiliation and militant views.
    The X means forever.

I personally will never get a tattoo below my elbows, on my arm that is. I have my legs tattoo'd. I have half sleeves done on my arms, one of which being a straight edge tattoo, of a bird and around the bird it says Straight Edge. But I refuse to go lower than my elbows on my arm, because of career reasons. No job wants to hire someone that has tattoo's all over them, weather it be right or wrong, we all know they won't.

Thread Information