Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Downloading Music

Quote Originally Posted by D1988
    No, I have the exact same problem, there isn't a single record store I could visit and find things I want to buy, I buy all of my records on the internet.

I am going to London in August, I hear there is a record store in Camden that sells some good records, can anybody tell me more about that?
    We used to have a really good independent record store in bristol but it closed down...because everyone stopped going and got there music for free instead!! True story, it had been there since the bristol punk scene in the 70's. Since that i have bought everything from the labels .
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

Im A Person Just Like You but I like to fuck some shoes D1988's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by straightXed
    We used to have a really good independent record store in bristol but it closed down...because everyone stopped going and got there music for free instead!! True story, it had been there since the bristol punk scene in the 70's. Since that i have bought everything from the labels .
    Yeah, I wish we had a store like that, Out Of Step in Leeds is awesome apparently. We haven't got a decent store in Scotland that I know of.

But on that subject, in our local shopping centres, in the past few years I have seen the following music stores close down:

Coda Music
    MVC
    CD Music
    Fopp - I dunno if they are actually all fully closing down, they apparently cut hundreds of jobs, there stores are all closed but still have the stock in them.

This leaves me with a Virgin Megastore in one of the Towns and that is it, 1 other independant but it is all 70's and 80's metal in that store. So basically there are no record stores here, they all closed down.

I am hoping someone on here knows of the one in Camden, I have about 5 hours of shopping around in London before TFS show and I want to visit this store and see if I can find myself some lovely new Nikes aswell.
    I'm a person just like you
    but I like to fuck some shoes
    On the sofa or in my bed
    It's better than getting head
    Tie the laces on my schlong
    'cos of a nike air max it's standing strong
    I'll even hump it till i bleed
    normal sex life i don't need

Yeah, I wish we had a store like that, Out Of Step in Leeds is awesome apparently. We haven't got a decent store in Scotland that I know of.

But on that subject, in our local shopping centres, in the past few years I have seen the following music stores close down:

Coda Music
    MVC
    CD Music
    Fopp - I dunno if they are actually all fully closing down, they apparently cut hundreds of jobs, there stores are all closed but still have the stock in them.

This leaves me with a Virgin Megastore in one of the Towns and that is it, 1 other independant but it is all 70's and 80's metal in that store. So basically there are no record stores here, they all closed down.

I am hoping someone on here knows of the one in Camden, I have about 5 hours of shopping around in London before TFS show and I want to visit this store and see if I can find myself some lovely new Nikes aswell.
    All the record stores in my town closed down close to ten years ago, the last store was a virgin store with pretty much no stock, the idea was you'd go in and order the product you wanted via a computer - pretty weird, lasted a few months.

Mail order, often works out cheaper than shops and they will send you free stuff too.

If you download it for free or pay for the download which would you do?

Why don't you feel guilt for taking something without paying for it, is it because you haven't thought of it as theft or because you don't really care about the effort people put into making it? Is it just music you'd steal or is there anything else?

I used to do that but now i don't, mainly because of 2 reasons:
    1. most of the webs don't accept mexican credit cards.
    2. mail is usually stolen.

so what should i do? i'm really fucked up.
    Cuandon tengas ideales x los cuales luchar, te darás cuenta que no debes callar.

http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    All the record stores in my town closed down close to ten years ago, the last store was a virgin store with pretty much no stock, the idea was you'd go in and order the product you wanted via a computer - pretty weird, lasted a few months.
    they closed because of internet downloads? we have a high rate in piracy, not the biggest one in the world or latin america, but its big, and where i live i can count about 3 stores that bring hardcore and punk merch, 2 general stores with about everything you hear on the radio, like 10 other stores that mainly bring latinamerican music and pop from the usa and 5 small stores with other stuff, like blues, jazz and stuff like that. and all about 30 minutes away walking from home.

how far are you from a place where you can buy stuff? like other city or something like that?
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

haha the funny thing is, the Virgin store I am talking about is closed. Has been for about a year apparently, I was in there so little that I forgot it closed and is now some womans clothing store, but it did use the exact same idea you are speaking of, use the computer and order what you wanted. Basically if you don't like mainstream metal bands or stuff thats in the UK charts you won't be buying nothing from stores.
    On the sofa or in my bed

Quote Originally Posted by rodrigo
    how far are you from a place where you can buy stuff? like other city or something like that?
    Like... in car?.. 6 hours from Mexico city. And the few times i've been there, i bought lots of cds.
    Cuandon tengas ideales x los cuales luchar, te darás cuenta que no debes callar.

http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hardcoretta
    Like... in car?.. 6 hours from Mexico city. And the few times i've been there, i bought lots of cds.
    how many people listen to the same music as you? and are your friends or well known persons who you trust?
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

Quote Originally Posted by hardcoretta

Get a different credit card. You didn't answer the questions?

Quote Originally Posted by rodrigo
    they closed because of internet downloads? we have a high rate in piracy, not the biggest one in the world or latin america, but its big, and where i live i can count about 3 stores that bring hardcore and punk merch, 2 general stores with about everything you hear on the radio, like 10 other stores that mainly bring latinamerican music and pop from the usa and 5 small stores with other stuff, like blues, jazz and stuff like that. and all about 30 minutes away walking from home.
    This was a fair time ago where big chains wouldn't carry anything alternative. Well nothing hardcore, and nothing and really independant labels. However it was around the time it was closing that the large stores began to sell hardcore so that had an effect also. But it was a small buisness and people just seriously stopped buying as much music or bought it online.

haha the funny thing is, the Virgin store I am talking about is closed. Has been for about a year apparently, I was in there so little that I forgot it closed and is now some womans clothing store, but it did use the exact same idea you are speaking of, use the computer and order what you wanted. Basically if you don't like mainstream metal bands or stuff thats in the UK charts you won't be buying nothing from stores.
    The internet has changed shopping forever. We are all moving away from actual shops and we will move away from actual physical products for music. I reckon people will still collect vinyl though, weirdos!

I reckon people will still collect vinyl though, weirdos!
    Watch it boy!
    On the sofa or in my bed

Watch it boy!
    What, you spend too much money on a lesser quality format. Its weird.

What, you spend too much money on a lesser quality format. Its weird.
    To be honest, I haven't spent that much money on a single record yet, I don't have any ultra rare stuff.

Collecting records isn't like buying CD's though. Some bands have releases that you can only get on vinyl. I am collecting A Step Apart stuff right now, I don't collect the records to listen to them all the time like I would a CD. I am collecting products released from the band and it's not all money involved once you get a semi-decent collection on the go because alot of it then turns into trading with people.

People collect model cars, comics, magazines, watches. I think collecting records is pretty cool, but I can see why to people it doesn't interest, why they would think it was pretty pointless.
    On the sofa or in my bed

Get a different credit card. You didn't answer the questions?
    im not 18.

Thread Information