Thread: Deaf Straight Edge Kids

Smile Deaf Straight Edge Kids

They do exist, and I know one.

Quote Originally Posted by BornAgainVirginDrugs
    They do exist, and I know one.
    I know you deleted it, but it was good enough to bring back from the dead. This illustrates the point that people who aren't actually involved with straight edge. You have this misguided and incorrect view that straight edge is just a philosophy that exists within a vacuum and that there isn't anything else attached with it or that it's a part of, but that's just not accurate or real. It's also really short sighted to think that just because someone is deaf that they can't get inspiration from lyrics or enjoy the physical effects the music has on their other senses.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by xsecx
    I know you deleted it, but it was good enough to bring back from the dead. This illustrates the point that people who aren't actually involved with straight edge. You have this misguided and incorrect view that straight edge is just a philosophy that exists within a vacuum and that there isn't anything else attached with it or that it's a part of, but that's just not accurate or real. It's also really short sighted to think that just because someone is deaf that they can't get inspiration from lyrics or enjoy the physical effects the music has on their other senses.
    It's more short sighted to think people can't get inspiration from lyrics or enjoy the physical effects of music that doesn't fall into the hardcore category and still remain "edge."

Thread Information