Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Martial Arts

Quote Originally Posted by straightXed View Post
    Who are you talking to? Or about?
    Sorry i meant to quote you, i was refering to the guy you were talking about, around my area there are these people that go to $5 dojos and get a black belt in 6 months and think they are prepared for anything.
    FUCK

Quote Originally Posted by Segadoway View Post
    Sorry i meant to quote you, i was refering to the guy you were talking about, around my area there are these people that go to $5 dojos and get a black belt in 6 months and think they are prepared for anything.
    no, this guy is pretty serious about his training.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

6 months that's ridiculous. how can you believe that's all you need? stupid people :(

its more than just a black belt though its having that knowledge and pride of achieving that level.
    “Better to die standing, than to live on your knees.” Ernesto 'Che' Guevara

Quote Originally Posted by straightXed View Post
    no, this guy is pretty serious about his training.
    thats good, i'm so sick of those guys :)
    FUCK

Quote Originally Posted by xpatchxrojasx View Post
    anyone in here in to martial arts? =D im just so glad that i got in to my dream martial art. It's called Yaw Yan. That's short for SaYAW ng KamataYAN which means "Dance of Death." It's Filipino Kickboxing. I'm just so glad that i finally get to study my own native martial art. =D
    i keep up with things related to mma. and ive never heard of this. and im filipino...
    well i guess imma have to catch up lol

I used to Kick box, but then found every day i was doing something . As well as having a full time job which in the summer required weekends too and a two day evening job and one night a week at collge was just too much. Then the class got moved as the hall they were usuing put their rates up and the club couldnt afford to train there. So they moved outa town and i couldnt ever get to them.
    But i have heard they are back, so i may go join up again as now i have finished my college course.
    Kick boxing was a fun thing,i didnt ever want to do comps although they would like you to.
    It kept me very fit, what with bmx too.
    A friend started it with me and she dropped out after two lessons.The training was real hard very disaplined. It was great!
    xXx

I did Pankration which is a greek mixed martial art, I did that for two years. I also did Escrima for a year. But I stopped those cause I wrestle and do some jujitsu to help with trows and stuff for wrestling.

I'm into MMA. My brother goes to a gym and practices it. I have a lot of respect for Martial Arts and MMA. Fighting as a sport is something I value. It also brings my family and I together because we all sit down when the fights are on and watch them as good family fun. My ex husband was also into martial arts and taught me some self-defense techniques so as to keep me from falling victim to mortal folly. I love it! I'll be watching the Dos Santos/ Velazquez fight tomorrow night.

This thread is a clusterfuck of bullshit. First off, wing chun teacher guy did what all wing chun dudes do which is to obfuscate. Wing chun in the majority sucks. Lawrence Lee (RIP) trained in other martial arts because of the terrible deficiencies of WC. Anyway, i know this thread is long forgotten but i cannot abide by bullshit. If you want to do martial arts, do a martial art worth doing. It must be trained in an alive manner. Anyone claiming they are too deadly to spar is worthy only of derision and is likely a charlatan.

Check out bullshido dot net to learn more.

Thread Information