Page 39 of 62 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: New folks

Quote Originally Posted by xvunderx View Post
    Ed says it all a lot better than I can but I've always tried to describe it like this...
    I dunno, i think that said it better than i did!
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

straightXedge

Smile

ahh rite ok, thanks for that. now i understand why you guys don't particularly like cm punk and the wrestling world. i know its an important culture to you and you dont want outsiders stepping in and taking the name off of you and trying to make it into something else. i know why you dont like people like me claiming it because to be honest, at first when we claim straightedge, we know nothing about your culture.

actually, i would just like to say, i listen to Crunk music, which is a sub-genre of hip-hop. it originated alongside the concept of crunk, meaning out-of-control crowd action. i actually forgot about this, but crunk has always been regarded as a type of aggressive and hardcore style of music with artists like three 6 mafia, lil jon and the ying yang twins etc.

i know its not exactly like the hardcore music you're into, but it is still a form of hardcore, so technically, that makes me hardcore right? and therefore, i can claim straightedge.
    Last edited by haighy15; 01-15-2010 at 11:24 AM.

http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by haighy15 View Post
    ahh rite ok, thanks for that. now i understand why you guys don't particularly like cm punk and the wrestling world. i know its an important culture to you and you dont want outsiders stepping in and taking the name off of you and trying to make it into something else. i know why you dont like people like me claiming it because to be honest, at first when we claim straightedge, we know nothing about your culture.

actually, i would just like to say, i listen to Crunk music, which is a sub-genre of hip-hop. it originated alongside the concept of crunk, meaning out-of-control crowd action. i actually forgot about this, but crunk has always been regarded as a type of aggressive and hardcore style of music with artists like three 6 mafia, lil jon and the ying yang twins etc.

i know its not exactly like the hardcore music you're into, but it is still a form of hardcore, so technically, that makes me hardcore right? and therefore, i can claim straightedge.
    yeah, but when we talk about hardcore we refer to the music and culture that originated from hardcore punk, wich is usually refered as hardcore.
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

Quote Originally Posted by xsecx View Post
    In an effort for us to get to know you and for you to to have something to talk about if you could please answer the following questions:

How old are you?

Where are you from?

List some bands you are into at the moment.

What is the last record you bought?

Choose either pile ons and sing alongs or spin kicks and two-step?

What four sxe hxc bands, past or present, would you like to see play a show together?
    Alright well i am 18.

I'm from Michigan right near Lansing, not too far from Detroit.

Shai Hulud, Smash Your Enemies, Die Strong

Of Virtue's newest cd

Well for that it depends on my mood to be honest i enjoy the occasional pile ons and sing alongs, but i also do love the spin kicks and two-steps a lot that is a tough one for me.

Smash Your Enemies, Have Heart, Die Strong, Shai Hulud

Well their you have it (:
    Last edited by xGagex17; 01-15-2010 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by haighy15 View Post

No, its not a form of hardcore...hardcore refers to a particular style of music, its not being used here as a term to describe how underground something is. So no, you really still shouldn't claim straightedge.

Quote Originally Posted by xsecx View Post
    In an effort for us to get to know you and for you to to have something to talk about if you could please answer the following questions:

How old are you?

Where are you from?

List some bands you are into at the moment.

What is the last record you bought?

Choose either pile ons and sing alongs or spin kicks and two-step?

What four sxe hxc bands, past or present, would you like to see play a show together?
    1. Diego, 17
    2. Wisconsin
    3. Rise Against, Bad Brains, 3 Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin
    4. Appeal To Reason by Rise Against
    5. Spin Kicks and Two-Step

I don't know if I can claim sXe honestly, I heard about sXe maybe 2 years ago and did some research on it.

I admire and respect what you stand for and against but I've only recently gotten into the music like Minor Threat, Youth of Today and Have Heart and I listen to Rap, Reggae, Reggaeton and Punk bands like Iggy and The Stooges and Bad Brains.

I have always been drug free except when I've taken medicine when I was sick, even resist my own dad when he asks me to drink with him.

I have no sXe tattoos because I don't want to claim sXe when I may not be considered so.

Maybe I'm too new to claim sXe and if thats the case then I hope I can at least be considered a friend and supporter of sXe.
    Last edited by El Moro; 01-15-2010 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by El Moro View Post
    1. Diego, 17
    2. Wisconsin
    3. Rise Against, Bad Brains, 3 Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin
    4. Appeal To Reason by Rise Against
    5. Spin Kicks and Two-Step

I don't know if I can claim sXe honestly, I heard about sXe maybe 2 years ago and did some research on it.

I admire and respect what you stand for and against but I've only recently gotten into the music like Minor Threat, Youth of Today and Have Heart and I listen to Rap, Reggae, Reggaeton and Punk bands like Iggy and The Stooges and Bad Brains.

I have always been drug free except when I've taken medicine when I was sick, even resist my own dad when he asks me to drink with him.

I have no sXe tattoos because I don't want to claim sXe when I may not be considered so.

Maybe I'm too new to claim sXe and if thats the case then I hope I can at least be considered a friend and supporter of sXe.
    What kind of rap do you listen too?

just for your information...medicine doesn't go against straightedge, you don't need tattoos and you are not to new but its very cool that you have chosen to learn about what straightedge is first before claiming to be so. I give credit to you for that and i am sure you will get a decent grasp on it by being here, people here are very helpful. welcome to the boards, hope you have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by straightXed View Post
    What kind of rap do you listen too?

just for your information...medicine doesn't go against straightedge, you don't need tattoos and you are not to new but its very cool that you have chosen to learn about what straightedge is first before claiming to be so. I give credit to you for that and i am sure you will get a decent grasp on it by being here, people here are very helpful. welcome to the boards, hope you have fun.
    Thank you, I'm sure I will enjoy it here.

I mentioned medicine because I know some Straight Edge people consider things like Asprin and Ny-quil to be drugs.

I listen to Outkast, Jay-Z, Big Pun, Deltron 3030, Blackstar, Run-DMC...I could go on.

Thank you, I'm sure I will enjoy it here.

I mentioned medicine because I know some Straight Edge people consider things like Asprin and Ny-quil to be drugs.

I listen to Outkast, Jay-Z, Big Pun, Deltron 3030, Blackstar, Run-DMC...I could go on.

They are drugs but straightedge is not about denying medicine for illness, thats simply a retarded thing to do. Straightedge is about refraining from drug use for recreation because there is simply no good reason to do that but medication has a very good reason.

They are drugs but straightedge is not about denying medicine for illness, thats simply a retarded thing to do. Straightedge is about refraining from drug use for recreation because there is simply no good reason to do that but medication has a very good reason.
    Thats good, I heard somewhere (I forget) and didn't understand why.

So do you listen to Rap?

Thats good, I heard somewhere (I forget) and didn't understand why.

So do you listen to Rap?
    I like hip hop, yeah!

I like hip hop, yeah!
    Who do you listen to?

Woohoo! Someone else who is familiar with Blackstar! I had some of my students read their lyrics as part of the poetry section and they made me feel old. "Who's Mos Def?" Ugh.

http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlaRant View Post
    Woohoo! Someone else who is familiar with Blackstar! I had some of my students read their lyrics as part of the poetry section and they made me feel old. "Who's Mos Def?" Ugh.
    never thought that they were unknown... i've even seen the video of definition in tv... and you know, you can always tell them that he was on that hitchhikers guide to the universe movie
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

I'm Jazmin, 17
    From Gilbert, Arizona
    Rise Against, Paramore, The Casualties, Anti-Flag, Flyleaf, The Used, My Chemical Romance, Minor Threat, Halocene, 3 Days Grace, 3 Doors Down...
    Secret by Halocene
    Spin Kicks and Two-Step
    Minor Threat, Have Heart, Project X, Youth of Today

Thread Information