Page 53 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 795 of 929

Thread: New folks

  1. #781
    Being Mean CarlaRant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    1,193
    Quote Originally Posted by radical View Post
    a picture of the sky through the window at work I took about 10 minutes ago.
    http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/7061/image0003l.jpg
    Gorgeous!

  2. #782
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    madison wisconsin
    Posts
    170
    welcome aboard and enjoy your stay

  3. #783
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1

    A question for all straight edge followers

    Hi,


    Back in HS I didn't really understand straight edge. I thought it was more or less another punk movement. I claimed edge because technically I was edge. However, I sort of quit claiming and started drinking and partying. I guess it was where I was young. It took me to this point in my life to really understand what it's about. I was wanting to know if I can still claim edge because in all reality, I had never really claimed edge. Now, I'm staying clean of alcohol and have quit smoking. Also, I've never really had promiscuous sex or sex period. Of course I did some things in my youth but all in all I've kept my commitment of no sex. I feel good and have dropped friends who have been bad influences. Also, I'm going to become a vegetarian when my second semester of college rolls around. I hope that my youthful stupidity doesn't exile me from the edge. Thanks for the help.


    -achangedman

  4. #784
    http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,786
    Quote Originally Posted by achangedman View Post
    Hi,


    Back in HS I didn't really understand straight edge. I thought it was more or less another punk movement. I claimed edge because technically I was edge. However, I sort of quit claiming and started drinking and partying. I guess it was where I was young. It took me to this point in my life to really understand what it's about. I was wanting to know if I can still claim edge because in all reality, I had never really claimed edge. Now, I'm staying clean of alcohol and have quit smoking. Also, I've never really had promiscuous sex or sex period. Of course I did some things in my youth but all in all I've kept my commitment of no sex. I feel good and have dropped friends who have been bad influences. Also, I'm going to become a vegetarian when my second semester of college rolls around. I hope that my youthful stupidity doesn't exile me from the edge. Thanks for the help.


    -achangedman
    hey, welcome

    well, you can pretty much be whatever you want, if its a concious decision about it then there's nothing wrong with it. everybody makes mistakes, everybody changes at some point, so dont let that discourage you.
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

  5. #785
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    madison wisconsin
    Posts
    170
    i think people who consciously choose it are the best. I mean think about it or whatever. but if you want to, we are not a forum to stop you!

  6. #786
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Portadown, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3

    help

    Hi
    i've been looking into straight edge for about a year now and i still cant figure out exactly what it is. i don't want to claim i'm edge without firstly knowing exactly what it is incase i am wrong and start to give straightedge a bad name in my area, as its a very small scene here, could someone please explain exactly what it is, Thanks

    Skin-e

  7. #787
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,368
    Quote Originally Posted by metaldemented View Post
    Hi
    i've been looking into straight edge for about a year now and i still cant figure out exactly what it is. i don't want to claim i'm edge without firstly knowing exactly what it is incase i am wrong and start to give straightedge a bad name in my area, as its a very small scene here, could someone please explain exactly what it is, Thanks

    Skin-e
    what do you think it is?

  8. #788
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Portadown, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3
    wel from what i can gather so far the main points are that its a subculture of people sharing a love of hardcore music and abstaining from alcohol, smoking and drugs. i have also seen quite a few places mentioning veganism and no sex and as i am a meat eater and am in a long term relationship wondered if these were fundamental beliefs within straight edge, i also noticed something about militant activity and gang like violence and again as i am not a violent person i wondered how fundamental this is.
    some of the other things i came across which worried me a little were so to speak neo nazi skin head groups claiming straight edge, and was looking to know hoe common this was as i dont share these beliefs.
    however i do not drink anymore or smoke or do drugs i quit the first two a year ago and although i have had a couple of drinks over the year and the odd smoke but want to cut it out alltogether and live a clean life, so it would be muchly appreciated if u could answer my questions and add anything i have missed
    thanks
    Skin-E

  9. #789
    Registered User Marion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    France
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by metaldemented View Post
    wel from what i can gather so far the main points are that its a subculture of people sharing a love of hardcore music and abstaining from alcohol, smoking and drugs. i have also seen quite a few places mentioning veganism and no sex and as i am a meat eater and am in a long term relationship wondered if these were fundamental beliefs within straight edge, i also noticed something about militant activity and gang like violence and again as i am not a violent person i wondered how fundamental this is.
    some of the other things i came across which worried me a little were so to speak neo nazi skin head groups claiming straight edge, and was looking to know hoe common this was as i dont share these beliefs.
    however i do not drink anymore or smoke or do drugs i quit the first two a year ago and although i have had a couple of drinks over the year and the odd smoke but want to cut it out alltogether and live a clean life, so it would be muchly appreciated if u could answer my questions and add anything i have missed
    thanks
    Skin-E
    All the militancy stuffs/violence is way over-represented (because that's "newsworthy"). That was mostly the theme of my thesis of last year. Most straight edge kids reject those stuffs.
    As far as veganism, it's part of my thesis of this year... so far, I've found out that there are some relations (because of some sxe bands promoting it etc) but no one believes you have to be a vegan or a vegetarian (except for 1 person on the dozen I've interviewed so far, and all my readings confirmed that people clearly do not think it is anything near necessary). About the sex thing, some people think you shouldn't be sleeping around, but many also think it has nothing to do with sxe beliefs. And anyway, if you're in a committed relationship, no one will ever tell you you're not straight because of that.
    Hope it helped! I thought that my many many many hours of research might as well be of little help haha.
    And some people may not agree with me, because the straight edge subculture is just so vast, different and encompasses such a variety of people that it is impossible to describe what it means to every single straight edge kids.

  10. #790
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Portadown, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3
    thanks i found this very helpful, it has cleared things up for me, goin to do some more research before i fully commit but it seems to be the way to go for me :) thanks :)

  11. #791
    Registered User Marion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    France
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by metaldemented View Post
    thanks i found this very helpful, it has cleared things up for me, goin to do some more research before i fully commit but it seems to be the way to go for me :) thanks :)
    You're welcome! I like your idea of clearly knowing what straight edge is before claiming ;) I did the same thing.
    Ask if you have other questions! Me or anyone else will be glad to answer them, I'm sure.

  12. #792
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6

    Thumbs down She's right

    Quote Originally Posted by Marion View Post
    And some people may not agree with me, because the straight edge subculture is just so vast, different and encompasses such a variety of people that it is impossible to describe what it means to every single straight edge kids.
    Its true we all have different beliefs, different approaches, like me and my friends for example we get hated for being edge people talk about you and stuff like that, they want to fight you for no reason, but then again is up to you if your going to fight back and defend your pride, there are posis and theyre different opinions, but trust me they are going to TAG you saying OMG he dosent do the shit we all do! Even the sxe kids are going to be like he's new wuts up with that kid, dudes that are 30 yrs old are trying to beat me up just because they think e're stealing their scene hahaha and they are old as hell!

  13. #793
    Registered User Marion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    France
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by xarielx View Post
    Its true we all have different beliefs, different approaches, like me and my friends for example we get hated for being edge people talk about you and stuff like that, they want to fight you for no reason, but then again is up to you if your going to fight back and defend your pride, there are posis and theyre different opinions, but trust me they are going to TAG you saying OMG he dosent do the shit we all do! Even the sxe kids are going to be like he's new wuts up with that kid, dudes that are 30 yrs old are trying to beat me up just because they think e're stealing their scene hahaha and they are old as hell!
    You know some really odd people. 30 years old on this site are super nice. :)

  14. #794
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6
    i know i know i dont mean all i mean them specifically

  15. #795
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    El Paso, Texas
    Posts
    4
    How old are you? 19

    Where are you from? El Paso, Texas

    List some bands you are into at the moment. Avenged Sevenfold, 69 Eyes, Sixx AM, Van Halen, Guns N' Roses, The White Stripes, Steve Vai and more

    What is the last record you bought? Stevie Ray Vaughan- In Step

    Choose either pile ons and sing alongs or spin kicks and two-step? Both

    What four sxe hxc bands, past or present, would you like to see play a show together? I don't know it's to hard to pick.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. For You UK Area Folks....
    By xGriffox in forum Other
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 01:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •