Page 41 of 62 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: New folks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by xdanidormx View Post
    hi there!

i´m Dani, from Spain. i´m 21 years old and i love hardcore music. i don´t take drugs, tobacco or alcohol, i hate them.

well, my english is not fine at all, sorry... i´ll the effort to post my ideas on this forum in correct english.

see ya! :D
    Bienvenidos hermano.

Hi I'm 16 I live in Pennsylvania
    The last record I bought was Adrenaline by Deftones
    Currently the bands I'm really into are Three Days Grace, Greeley Estates, akissforjersey, Paramore, Fugazi, and I Am Ghost

Yep

I am 24 originally from the tip of MI, but now residing in Muskegon, MI. I am currently into Bane, Comeback Kid, Have Heart, and xRepresentx. Have been into them for a while, but those are the most prevalent right now. Last cd bought was Living Sacrifice "The Infinite Order". I am partial to the two step, but love pile ons. I got some big friends, so I don't envy those who succumb to the devastation from above, but still. I would love to see Bane, Terror, xTyrant, Since the Flood, and Have Heart. I know Since the Flood isn't edge, but still would love to see em.
    "Through thick and thin we've come this far, just to prove that this is who we are."

www.facebook.com/vicesmi

Alanson MI originally, living in Grand Rapids MI now.

The Ghost Inside, Between The Buried and Me, August Burns Red, Stick To Your Guns, Misery Signals, The Great Commission, The Hope Conspiracy many many others.

Island Empire Beatdown by Bound In Blood...on accident sort of hahaha.

Pile on and sign along.

Above it all, Thick As Blood, Stick To Your Guns, Terror...kind of a random four haha. Also, everybody go listen to Above it all hahahaha

www.myspace.com/aboveitallmi

Names John, today is the day that I officially am claiming Edge. I have lived a drug, alcohol and sex free life for 19 years, because that's the way that I was raised and those are my moral values, but I decided to claim Edge in order to make that solid commitment and to embrace the community of Straightedge people that I associate with on a daily basis. Glad to be here guys!

Quote Originally Posted by JawaXJohn View Post

Alanson MI originally, living in Grand Rapids MI now.

The Ghost Inside, Between The Buried and Me, August Burns Red, Stick To Your Guns, Misery Signals, The Great Commission, The Hope Conspiracy many many others.

Island Empire Beatdown by Bound In Blood...on accident sort of hahaha.

Pile on and sign along.

Above it all, Thick As Blood, Stick To Your Guns, Terror...kind of a random four haha. Also, everybody go listen to Above it all hahahaha

www.myspace.com/aboveitallmi

Names John, today is the day that I officially am claiming Edge. I have lived a drug, alcohol and sex free life for 19 years, because that's the way that I was raised and those are my moral values, but I decided to claim Edge in order to make that solid commitment and to embrace the community of Straightedge people that I associate with on a daily basis. Glad to be here guys!
    Welcome and congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by JawaXJohn View Post
    are these sxe bands?
    My support has no conditions, I will always have your back.

Quote Originally Posted by childofhashem View Post
    What's up guys, my name's Adam, I live in Iowa. I've been not drinking for about 3 yrs now or smoking or doing drugs for my whole life. I used to smoke casually out of boredom with friends but found it to be a waste. I've been claiming edge for a while now, I've always been one of those people who hates to label myself and so that's why I've waited so long to do so, but it feels right. Anway, anything you guys wanna know hit me up.

xPeacex
    nice to meet you... what kind of bands you into?
    My support has no conditions, I will always have your back.

hey, names Nick. I'm 18 and live in Ocean City, Maryland

My favorite bands are The Effort, Have Heart, Asking Alexandria, and Ruiner

Hi~

Hi all~ My name NailVics @ Nail Vicious~ and I'm from Malaysia~ Nice to meet u all

Hello and welcome to the board!

Howdy.

How old are you?
    I'm 17, turning 18 in about 4 months

Where are you from?
    Singapore. That tiny pinprick at the end of the Malaysian Peninsula. Oooo I see a malaysian user! o/

List some bands you are into at the moment.
    Opeth, Quo Vadis, Cynic, Rush, Tool, Necrophagist, Kataklysm, Grave, Dark Tranquillity, Death, Decapitated and Arsis, just to name quite a few. Generally mostly technical, melodic, old-school and prog Death Metal bands with some old Thrash Metal and Prog Rock scattered here and there.

What is the last record you bought?
    In Battle There Is No Law by Bolt Thrower and You'll Never See / And Here I Die by Grave.

Choose either pile ons and sing alongs or spin kicks and two-step?
    My apologies, but I don't listen to hXc, so I don't know the definitions of the aforementioned terms.

What four sxe hxc bands, past or present, would you like to see play a show together?
    Well, haha... *shrug*

Maybe you guys might find it weird that someone who listens to absolutely zero hXc sXe knows about the sXe movement and some would probably shoo me away, but hear me out. First things first, I don't claim to be sXe, not when I have doubts that I actually practice what I would claim.

I first came across the words Straight Edge when reading up on the Wikipedia profile of Between The Buried And Me guitarist Paul Waggoner, which had a passing mention of him being sXe. I looked it up and glanced over the details, and noted that it was a movement against drugs and alcohol, and that was about 2 or 3 years ago. I didn't think about it too much until about 1.5 years ago, when an acquaintance and now close friend of mine remarked "whoa, you're straight edge?" after I declined a cigarette stick. And yes, about 40% of underage youths here smoke. Its become like a social act or something, not that I understand or would care to.

Anyway, after said remark, I spent more and more time pondering about and researching the Straight Edge lifestyle, status and movement. The more I thought about it, the more I felt I identified with it. I dislike smoking, only tolerating it because most of my friends and bandmates happen to smoke, I seem to have developed an alcohol intolerance so I steer clear of most alcoholic beverages and drunk people irritate the hell out of me anyway, and recreational drugs are as useless as the people who take them.

But of course I am not someone to dive headlong into something. I feel the need to know more about the movement and the lifestyle, and joining this board seemed the logical thing to do. Therefore here I am, typing this doggone wall of text, and I haven't even finished half of my introduction.

Anyways, time for the lumpy list of facts about this lumpy guy. I'm a fat asian guy with a sweet tooth (duh, lol), I'm pursuing a Diploma in Music and Audio Technology at a local technical college, I'm a musician that plays the guitar, You could say I'm a geek (I have THAT username and I play EVE Online), I use a mac (used them my whole life, so no trendwhore-calling please), I'm not afraid to tell my perceived truth and not afraid to admit that I make mistakes, I do my best to be neutral unless the situation warrants me to take a stand, I know that whatever I do I'll still make enemies (what matters is who you make enemies of), I have long hair (about 5cm longer than shoulder-length), Music and food are my deuce, I value myself as an intellectually thinking member of society, I'm an audiophile and a proud metalhead. \m/

It's 12:50 am now, and I am as alert as I was at noon yesterday. This is not normal.

How old are you? 20

Where are you from? Chicago originally but living in san diego because of the navy.

List some bands you are into at the moment. Have Heart, Verse, Ruiner,In My Eyes, One Choice, Project X,

What is the last record you bought? Cro-Mags- Age of quarrel, Cockpunch-Attack

Choose either pile ons and sing alongs or spin kicks and two-step? Pile ons and sing alongs

What four sxe hxc bands, past or present, would you like to see play a show together? Gorilla Biscuits, Minor Threat, Have Heart and Floorpunch. I can see it now. The "Yes This Is A Dream" Tour 2010.

hello :)

hello my name is brandy....

in 21, going to be 22 in june
    from buffalo ny,

i joined this board to hopefully find some friends in Boston MA
    & find some cool places to hang out
    im moving there in june

if anyone knows the area or any great places in boston to go to lemme know!

Yay! Finally someone else from AZ. But....your screen info says you're in Georgia.

Anyway, welcome to the board.

xplan_Bx

Home Town: Dayton, Ohio (currently in Savannah)

Bands: xAFBx, xLooking Forwardx, Bane, Have Heart, Throwdown, xBishopx, xTyrantx, Eighteen Visions, Earth Crisis and lots more

Last record I bought: Straight Edge as Fuck Vol1 and 2(compilation)

Spin Kicks and two-steps

4 bands to play together: Youth of Today, Minor Threat, xAFBx, Earth Crisis

Thread Information