Page 57 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: New folks

Quote Originally Posted by Archons End View Post
    I've always been against drugs and the like all my life but then I met some good friends who introduced me to the the whole Straight Edge thing. Since then I've been really serious about it myself. I love this lifestyle and wouldnt want to live it any other way. So here I am hoping to meet some new people out there who share the same ideas.
    That's very positive!
    Welcome.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Grew up in Broomfield, Colorado, but I spend most of my time in Boulder

List some bands you are into at the moment.
    AFI (my favorite band), Blaqk Audio, Scarlet Grey, Jawbreaker,

What is the last record you bought?
    The last CD I bought was AFI's"Crash Love" which I got the day it came out, but the last actual vinyl record I got was Simon and Garfunkel's "Sounds of Silence"

Choose either pile ons and sing alongs or spin kicks and two-step?
    Pile ons and sing alongs

What four sxe hxc bands, past or present, would you like to see play a show together?
    I don't know enough purely sXe bands

I'm 32

I live in Märsta (40 km north of Stockholm).

Right now I'm listening to Earth Crisis, Freya, Stampin' Ground, Always War.

Last record I bought was Freya's 'All hail the end'.

I'm 26 from Waterford, Ireland. DJ Krush is my thing at the moment. Any Waterford peeps out there??

How old are you?
    I'm 15

Where are you from?
    From the good ol' state of Delaware...Please get me out of here,it sucks here

List some bands you are into at this moment
    I've been listening to a lot of Whitechapel recently,along with Volbeat,Halestorm,and Hollywood Undead

What is the last record you bought?
    I got the new Shadows Fall

Choose either pile ons and sing alongs or spin kicks and two-step
    Spin kicks and two-step

What are four sxe hxe bands,past or present,would you like to see play a show together?
    Biscuits,Throwdown,SSD,and of course,Minor Threat

And F.Y.I:I listen to emo music,but I ain't emo.I ain't into self-harm,or any of that bullshit.Understood?

welcome new folks post a lot and enjoy the site!

Well my name is kiana. I'm 16 years old. I have always refrained from drugs and alcohol because how it was stressed in school how dangerous they are. They main bands I'm into are Three days Grace, Skillet, Thousand Foot Krutch, and Breaking Benjamin. I am from Florida.

Hey there Kiana, have fun here.
    I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

visit http://www.z-spot.be/
    Z-spot Gaming community
    No Ego's, no "pwnage", just gaming

Quote Originally Posted by kiki242 View Post
    Well my name is kiana. I'm 16 years old. I have always refrained from drugs and alcohol because how it was stressed in school how dangerous they are. They main bands I'm into are Three days Grace, Skillet, Thousand Foot Krutch, and Breaking Benjamin. I am from Florida.
    Welcome. It's always great to meet someone else that lives without drugs and alcohol.

Newbie, In Several Ways :)

Hi. I'm bigheadjoe. I chose striaght edge for myself on June 26th, 2012, after 16 years of regular drug use. Never was an "addict" per se, as in never got too heavy into harder drugs, but I definitely see now just how dependent I was on getting high to dull my senses and allow me to aimlessly drift through my life. I've never felt better about any choice I have made in my entire life. My friends and family have all been extremely supportive, and I felt the need to share this experience with anyone who was interested through a blog. The blog is Never Too Old To Claim Straight Edge
    check it out and follow along on my journey. This is all very new to me and I may seem a little naive at times, but I think that's good. I think a fresh perspective on something that many people have shied away from can only benefit the community and maybe even get a few people on board. If one person reads my blog and decides to claim edge for themselves, that was never the intention of starting it, but it would be special for sure. Now, to the questions at hand:

How old are you? 30

Where are you from? Baltimore, MD. Living in Dallas, TX.

List some bands you are into at the moment. Obviously have been digging into the history of straight edge punk and hardcore since claiming edge. Always loved Glassjaw, saw them back in like 2000 opening for The Deftones. Loving Ligeia because their sound is very similar to gj for me. Throwdown, xbishopx, Have Heart, Comeback Kid, and many others. It's pretty overwhelming right now.

What is the last record you bought? xbishopx, and Roman's Revenge by Nicki Minaj, at the same time. :)

Choose either pile ons and sing alongs or spin kicks and two-step? I'm 30. Can I say neither? I prefer headphones and a good book or some blogging. I'm like nerd edge or something. It's OK. I'm accepting of my old man status.

What four sxe hxc bands, past or present, would you like to see play a show together? Ligeia, Throwdown, Glassjaw, and Minor Threat headlining.

Hope to get to know many of you soon.
    bhj

I'm 19, almost 20; located in Portland, Oregon, US; and I love punk, metal, electronica, semicolons, and the Oxford comma.

I haven't been listening to a ton of sXe stuff lately. Mostly it's been NWOBHM bands like Saxon, Savage, and Tank. I never really got into Maiden, but I do like Motorhead (excuse the lack of umlaut, I'm lazy).

I've been drug and drink free since the day I was born, but it became an active endeavor when I was about 16. Since then I've wanted to join some kind of sXe community, but never really got around to it until now. So here's to procrastination, the straight edge way!

Hey guys Im Steve. 27 and located in in a small town outside of bellingham washington. Some of the bands im into at that moment are judge, r.a.m.b.o, I Object, Bones brigade. Alot of Crust, Grind, D-beat, Hardcore, and Powerviolence. New to this sXe music. But digging it.
    Last record I bought was Weekend Nachos.

I've been sober for about 2 years ago after my wife left me and my son to keep drinking, doing heroin, and partying. Decided to define myself sXe.Im new to all this. Ive just known the basics. But now I hear no meat??? I've known it is to live a more healthier life and a dedication to live sober until death.
    I have no friends out here so it would be awesome to be friends with more sXe people and dont criticise me for what i do

http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXPOWERS View Post
    Hey guys Im Steve. 27 and located in in a small town outside of bellingham washington. Some of the bands im into at that moment are judge, r.a.m.b.o, I Object, Bones brigade. Alot of Crust, Grind, D-beat, Hardcore, and Powerviolence. New to this sXe music. But digging it.

I've been sober for about 2 years ago after my wife left me and my son to keep drinking, doing heroin, and partying. Decided to define myself sXe.Im new to all this. Ive just known the basics. But now I hear no meat??? I've known it is to live a more healthier life and a dedication to live sober until death.
    I have no friends out here so it would be awesome to be friends with more sXe people and dont criticise me for what i do
    hey there! welcome to the boards. R.A.M.B.O. is such an ace band.
    it's great that you wanted to get a different life, sucks about the wife though, but surely your kid will grow in a healthier enviroment too.
    dont sweat about the meat though, straight edge are hardcore kids who dont do recreational drugs. so you can go and enjoy some tasty steak.

hope you stick around and post lots!
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

Quote Originally Posted by MAXPOWERS View Post

Man it's good to meet you! Don't worry about that meat thing, that really has nothing to do with being edge... It sounds like you have been through a lot in your life and you have made a fantastic decision to remain sober. Your son is lucky to have someone willing to make such a positive change in life. Hope to read tons of posts from you man!
    My support has no conditions, I will always have your back.

hey rodrigo... JINX!
    My support has no conditions, I will always have your back.

Thread Information