Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coffee, Caffine, Sex?

Im A Person Just Like You but I like to fuck some shoes D1988's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truetilldeath_xxx
    ok so no alcohol but some caffeine?

and ya read the lyrics of minor threat's straight edge again...
    sex is a part of straight edge. the ORIGINAL thing was no alcohol, drugs, smoking, and promiscuous sex.
    To avoid alcohol and caffeine completely and 100% is impossible, there is trace ammounts of each in things you would not expect.

Some people say sex is a part of straight edge, some say it isn't, just like some say avoiding caffeine is part of straight edge and some don't. For me having one night stands every weekend and having sex with people you don't know or want to know is stupid and its a matter of respecting yourself and not doing that, it isn't a matter of whether it is straight edge or not for me. If people want to have sex with tonnes of random people let them, but to me they are stupid and need to learn to respect themselves and their body alot more than they are.

Im A Person Just Like You but I like to fuck some shoes D1988's Avatar
    The song straight edge by minor threat makes no mention of sex at all
    This is true.

The lyrics you are probably thinking about say "don't fuck", which basically says don't have sex, so this promiscious thing that people have incorporated is pretty bogus.

Quote Originally Posted by D1988
    This is true.

The lyrics you are probably thinking about say "don't fuck", which basically says don't have sex, so this promiscious thing that people have incorporated is pretty bogus.
    And i'd like to add those are the lyrics to out of step, not to straight edge. And minor threat are by no means an authority on what straight edge is, they don't support the movement and aside from coining the term with that one song have not been active in creating this straightedge community. There are a lot of confused people and they often look to minor threat as an authority, we have a rich history for a young sub culture one that people really need to draw upon when looking at what this movement really is.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

Quote Originally Posted by truetilldeath_xxx
    ok so no alcohol but some caffeine?

and ya read the lyrics of minor threat's straight edge again...
    sex is a part of straight edge. the ORIGINAL thing was no alcohol, drugs, smoking, and promiscuous sex.
    the ORIGINAL thing was not having those things control your life, but still doing them. Straight edge ORIGINALLY and what it is now are totally different things. And ya, you might want to read the lyrics again, since like the bible you apparently read what you wanted there and not what was actually there.

Quote Originally Posted by xsecx
    caffeine's a drug, so I avoid it in amounts that can effect me like any other drug.

I don't think sex really matters in terms of straight edge.
    u avoid caffen in amouts it effects ,
    what about drink in amounts that it wont effect coz sum poeple drink 2 and are fine, i truly dont believe this because i dont drink eaither

in hardcore we all have respect for eachova but havin sex ect i dont think most do have respect for womam which is why there are so many abused ladys in this fucked up world, so i dont abuse ladys form there body or for the sake of a cheap shag,

Quote Originally Posted by hxcsxe
    u avoid caffen in amouts it effects ,
    what about drink in amounts that it wont effect coz sum poeple drink 2 and are fine, i truly dont believe this because i dont drink eaither
    if you drink 2 cokes it effects you. it's the same with alcohol. you drink a single beer and it will have an effect, it will just have a greater effect on different people.

in hardcore we all have respect for eachova but havin sex ect i dont think most do have respect for womam which is why there are so many abused ladys in this fucked up world, so i dont abuse ladys form there body or for the sake of a cheap shag,
    this is completely discounting women as anything other than weak creatures.

i was wondering if you could clarify this post, i'm not sure what you are saying exactly. Right now it seems to say people in hardcore all respect each other (not necesarily true) but that these people don't respect women (not sure if you meant women are disrespected in hardcore or in general). I'm not sure if you are attributing the reason for there being abused woman to people having sex? Abuse is a rather different thing from sex. Your language, albeit hard to decipher, does seem to have you denoting women as people that you get to decide how you treat whilst ignoring a womans choice of treatment of herself and others. Woman can decide to initiate one night stands and have sexual relationships on their own terms, you don't seem to be relating this to multitudes of weak and abused men. Abuse is a serious issue and i'm not sure you are making a relevent commentry on it, you seem to take a leap from consensual sex to sexual abuse without any explanation.

so did some of you guys drunk coffee after you decided to be edge ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lifestyle_X
    so did some of you guys drunk coffee after you decided to be edge ?
    i never drank coffee much but i still drank tea for a while. I stopped all caffiene inadvertantly and then a while later i had a cup of green tea and i felt it effect me quite strongly. Nowadays i have an occasional decaf green tea.

Registered User WorkingClassSkin's Avatar
    I don't avoid it on purpose (caffeine). I can't remember which one of you said it, but I agree. It's about not letting these things control your life. I'm not gonna stop drinking Coke because it has a bit of caffeine in it because I don't drink it to get a buzz.

Coke tastes good and I'm not addicted to it. I don't see that as an issue.

And I think y'all have the sex thing pretty well covered. I'll leave that one alone.
    Yeah, I used to play sports, but then I found out you can just buy the trophies.

Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassSkin
    I don't avoid it on purpose (caffeine). I can't remember which one of you said it, but I agree. It's about not letting these things control your life. I'm not gonna stop drinking Coke because it has a bit of caffeine in it because I don't drink it to get a buzz.

Coke tastes good and I'm not addicted to it. I don't see that as an issue.

And I think y'all have the sex thing pretty well covered. I'll leave that one alone.
    why is caffeine different than any other drug? Do you think you could drink 1 beer a night and still be straight edge?

Registered User WorkingClassSkin's Avatar
    I see your point, but I think the seriousness (for lack of a better term) of caffeine is far less than that of alcohol. I guess I don't worry too much about the level of caffeine in a Coke as much as I might the level of alcohol in a bottle of beer.

You're right, though. It's a drug nonetheless. Hmmm.
    Yeah, I used to play sports, but then I found out you can just buy the trophies.

Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassSkin
    I see your point, but I think the seriousness (for lack of a better term) of caffeine is far less than that of alcohol. I guess I don't worry too much about the level of caffeine in a Coke as much as I might the level of alcohol in a bottle of beer.

You're right, though. It's a drug nonetheless. Hmmm.
    the level of caffeine in a coke is enough to effect you, just like the amount of alcohol is. The only reason people treat caffeine differently is because of societal conditioning, when the reality is they're both drugs. they're both addictive and they're both used recreationally.

Thread Information