Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: Workout Music

  1. #1
    Registered User Paracetamol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    140

    Workout Music

    Slightly strange request, but does anyone else have a 'hardcore workout soundtrack' (basically just music that you tend to play when you're working out to keep you motivated/give a rhythm)? I'm bored of mine and was wondering if anyone could suggest any decent hardcore songs that you think are good for working out to (probably stuff that has a somewhat regular beat for the most part, is posi, and isn't toooo fast?).
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,368
    Quote Originally Posted by Paracetamol
    Slightly strange request, but does anyone else have a 'hardcore workout soundtrack' (basically just music that you tend to play when you're working out to keep you motivated/give a rhythm)? I'm bored of mine and was wondering if anyone could suggest any decent hardcore songs that you think are good for working out to (probably stuff that has a somewhat regular beat for the most part, is posi, and isn't toooo fast?).
    Thanks
    the first "the first step" record. ensign direction of things to come. anything by redemption 87.

  3. #3
    Registered User Paracetamol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by xsecx
    the first "the first step" record. ensign direction of things to come. anything by redemption 87.

    Oooh yes sounds good, thanks!

  4. #4
    More Than Ever xGriffox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    east harlem
    Posts
    730
    the album "Bring It!" by RAMBO is really good for running (for real or on a treadmill) and eliptical-ing.
    It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. Itís us. Only us.

  5. #5
    attilla's greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreat grandhun SgtD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    6,750
    Quote Originally Posted by xGriffox
    the album "Bring It!" by RAMBO is really good for running (for real or on a treadmill) and eliptical-ing.
    she said not too fast!

  6. #6
    Registered User Paracetamol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtD
    she said not too fast!
    Haha I've had a listen and it is okay for running, but I wouldn't like to be doing press-ups to that...I'd kill myself!

  7. #7
    More Than Ever xGriffox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    east harlem
    Posts
    730
    Quote Originally Posted by Paracetamol
    Haha I've had a listen and it is okay for running, but I wouldn't like to be doing press-ups to that...I'd kill myself!
    haha yeah i could see how that would not be good for press ups.

    maybe you should get some sludge metal for super slow press-ups. you would gain a lot of muscle.
    It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. Itís us. Only us.

  8. #8
    Registered User Paracetamol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by xGriffox
    maybe you should get some sludge metal for super slow press-ups. you would gain a lot of muscle.
    I'm not sure about the 'sludge metal', whatever that may be - but does doing exercises like press-ups slower really cause greater muscle gain than doing them faster? I know you didn't explicitly say that but it was implied, and I'm just wondering because I think it would make sense given my knowledge about muscle contraction.

  9. #9
    from the deep south.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by Paracetamol
    I'm not sure about the 'sludge metal', whatever that may be - but does doing exercises like press-ups slower really cause greater muscle gain than doing them faster? I know you didn't explicitly say that but it was implied, and I'm just wondering because I think it would make sense given my knowledge about muscle contraction.
    Slower and holding them longer is better, ripping through stuff fast doesnt really do much. I listen to life long tragedy when I work out usually.

  10. #10
    More Than Ever xGriffox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    east harlem
    Posts
    730
    Quote Originally Posted by Paracetamol
    I'm not sure about the 'sludge metal', whatever that may be - but does doing exercises like press-ups slower really cause greater muscle gain than doing them faster? I know you didn't explicitly say that but it was implied, and I'm just wondering because I think it would make sense given my knowledge about muscle contraction.
    i would assume it would, i know it does when you are lifting. Heaviest/slowest band i have ever heard, Buried At Sea. also check out Ocean and Graves at Sea.

    If you have AIM i can send you it.

    EDIT: and yes, there seems to be a recurring oceanic theme in this genre, go figure.
    Last edited by xGriffox; 03-24-2007 at 01:02 PM.
    It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. Itís us. Only us.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    26
    My workout music is all stuff that is easy for me to sing along with in my head. Tempo doesn't matter cause I"m going to lift or run at the speed I need to for my workout. But I listen to stuff like
    Blood for Blood
    Death before dishonor
    Have heart
    Sinking Ships
    shipwreck
    down to nothing.
    Good sing a long stuff.

  12. #12
    from the deep south.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by asiankaos
    Blood for Blood
    Is great for workouts, always gets me super pumped.

  13. #13
    Im A Person Just Like You but I like to fuck some shoes D1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    3,055
    All you would need is Eye Of The Tiger on repeat surely?
    I'm a person just like you
    but I like to fuck some shoes
    On the sofa or in my bed
    It's better than getting head
    Tie the laces on my schlong
    'cos of a nike air max it's standing strong
    I'll even hump it till i bleed
    normal sex life i don't need

  14. #14
    Token Canadian mouseman004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Pickering/Waterloo, Ontario (Canada)
    Posts
    2,363
    Crank that - Soulja boy





    (I am totally kidding, I have never actually set foot in a gym, nor do I listen to soulja boy)
    Later Days

  15. #15
    from the deep south.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by mouseman004
    Crank that - Soulja boy





    (I am totally kidding, I have never actually set foot in a gym, nor do I listen to soulja boy)
    They play it in my gym nonstop haha.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. anyone like the oi! music?
    By madriz_sXe in forum Other
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-31-2009, 08:36 AM
  2. About the music.
    By xpatchxrojasx in forum Questions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-30-2006, 07:35 AM
  3. one more question about the music
    By xpatchxrojasx in forum Questions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-22-2006, 10:26 AM
  4. Workout music
    By XprennaX in forum Other
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-31-2003, 06:53 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •