Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Courage Crew??

Im A Person Just Like You but I like to fuck some shoes D1988's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xflintsxfinestx View Post
    ok i know i am alittle late to the question but i am actually in courage crew. we are no gang of young kids running around beating kids up at shows cause they drink and smoke. i dont give a fuck what you wan to do with your life that is your buisness. we have been around almost 20yrs. yeah fights happen its hardcore.
    Please tell us what Courage Crew does. Why does it exist and what is its purpose.

These are genuine questions because I realise how immature my responses above were 2 years ago.
    I'm a person just like you
    but I like to fuck some shoes
    On the sofa or in my bed
    It's better than getting head
    Tie the laces on my schlong
    'cos of a nike air max it's standing strong
    I'll even hump it till i bleed
    normal sex life i don't need

we have been around almost 20yrs. yeah fights happen its hardcore.
    What's hardcore about fighting?
    Later Days

Courage Crew is a brotherhood of straightedge kids who take care of each other like we are blood. we are a patriotic crew that has helped keep hardcore underground and real. if you are fake you will be called out. its not all about fighting we are nationwide we run venues, do merch sales for large bands, run printing companies, and run security at alot of shows. yes i will admit it there are alot of fuckin idoits out there that just want to pick fights and act like gangbangers but we go to shows and make sure that these kids dont take over. how many times have you seen assholes at shows that are cheap shotting kids while they dance or crowd punch. for nearly 20 yrs we have takin on the people you wouldnt. we done what everyone talks about. yeah if a straightedge band sellsout they should be beat up if they still do straightedge songs. this isnt a joke to me and we wont stand on the sidelines and let people dissrespect what we love and live. i always hear aslot of people say we should just turn the other cheek and walk awaybut you know i love hardcore it has always been there for me and i am not going to turn my back when someone is being stupid. i dont know how alot of you came up but in detroit you had to earn the right to go to shows. we fought are way into this scene with old crazy drunks that would fight us on sight if we had x's on our hands. now that i am the older guy at shows i make sure that the kids that are there for the right reasons are takin care of and the fuckin hatebreed fans that like to shove fuckers from behind and donkey kick are takinn care of. you may think crews are a joke but i tell you what find a dude in courage crew and tell him he is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by mouseman004 View Post
    What's hardcore about fighting?
    hardcore is agressive music, are dancing is aggressive, hell just read the lyrics of most hardcore songs. thats how hardcore is avout fighting.
    bands in the dont say stand your ground and mean go home and talk shit on the internet. come on every show cant be a champion show

Courage Crew is a brotherhood of straightedge kids who take care of each other like we are blood. we are a patriotic crew that has helped keep hardcore underground and real. if you are fake you will be called out. its not all about fighting we are nationwide we run venues, do merch sales for large bands, run printing companies, and run security at alot of shows. yes i will admit it there are alot of fuckin idoits out there that just want to pick fights and act like gangbangers but we go to shows and make sure that these kids dont take over. how many times have you seen assholes at shows that are cheap shotting kids while they dance or crowd punch. for nearly 20 yrs we have takin on the people you wouldnt. we done what everyone talks about. yeah if a straightedge band sellsout they should be beat up if they still do straightedge songs. this isnt a joke to me and we wont stand on the sidelines and let people dissrespect what we love and live. i always hear aslot of people say we should just turn the other cheek and walk awaybut you know i love hardcore it has always been there for me and i am not going to turn my back when someone is being stupid. i dont know how alot of you came up but in detroit you had to earn the right to go to shows. we fought are way into this scene with old crazy drunks that would fight us on sight if we had x's on our hands. now that i am the older guy at shows i make sure that the kids that are there for the right reasons are takin care of and the fuckin hatebreed fans that like to shove fuckers from behind and donkey kick are takinn care of. you may think crews are a joke but i tell you what find a dude in courage crew and tell him he is a joke.
    now see, you say stuff about it being about more than just fighting and violence and then go on to focus mostly about fighting. The problem I have and have always had with crews is that they're always about violence, act like a gang and then get pissed when you call them a gang. Everything you're talking about is trying to control things via violence, intimidation and fear and that's exactly why people talk shit about crews. I don't want or need you to go beat up sellouts who are still singing straight edge songs. I'm just amazed that you're 30 and still think that getting into fights is still a valid way to deal with people who don't agree with you.

also weren't some dudes in bleeding through courage crew? how exactly are they trying to keep hardcore underground and real?

hardcore is agressive music, are dancing is aggressive, hell just read the lyrics of most hardcore songs. thats how hardcore is avout fighting.
    bands in the dont say stand your ground and mean go home and talk shit on the internet. come on every show cant be a champion show
    why can't it be, every show should be a champion show? I mean, those shows are actually fun and people enjoy themselves, instead of a few people "dancing" and fighting.

i will tell you how the dudes from bleeding through help. they use there popularity to get smaller bands shows and venues and they give jobs to crew members who need them. if a band gets big that no their fault. how they act or do with thier fame is up to them. chad from new found glory is courage crew he is a fuckin millionaire but he puts time and money back into hardcore. thats the goal get big and take care of your family. and yeah to people outside of courage crew it may all look like fighting but we take care of each other. we are there at 2 am when a dude needs to move out. we are there for the birth of members kids. we help each other fiancial if we can. we help guys get jobs. we are no gang. we dont exploit the people we love to go out and get money for the higher ups.

you also make it sound like i go get everyones opinion and if it isnt the same as mine i beat them up. that is not true at all. most of the time the fights are with people who just dont know how to act right and end up doing something fuckin stupid. so the last fight i got into i had to guys corner me in a parking lot and try and strongarm me for money. so what are you supposed to do fuckin talk it out with them. fold over and then get online and right a blog about it. fuck that i did what i do. i suprised at your age that you havent realized that there are times when talking isnt the answer. if people are going to wear clothes that state opinions they are going to be held accountable for them. does that mean i am going to beat them up. no. but im sorry if i see some asshole in a leather jacket with a giant swastka on it i am going to confront him on it. i dont do this for you. i do this for me. i wont stand on the side and not do anything. if its wrong its wrong. yes evryone has the right to their opinion but that doesnt make you unacountable for the stances you take.

i will tell you how the dudes from bleeding through help. they use there popularity to get smaller bands shows and venues and they give jobs to crew members who need them. if a band gets big that no their fault. how they act or do with thier fame is up to them. chad from new found glory is courage crew he is a fuckin millionaire but he puts time and money back into hardcore. thats the goal get big and take care of your family. and yeah to people outside of courage crew it may all look like fighting but we take care of each other. we are there at 2 am when a dude needs to move out. we are there for the birth of members kids. we help each other fiancial if we can. we help guys get jobs. we are no gang. we dont exploit the people we love to go out and get money for the higher ups.
    yeah but dude, you didn't mention any of that before. your last post focused on intimidation and fighting, which admittedly is as much of being a part of a crew as it is helping out each other. The shit you were talking about before, is a gang mentality. It's creating a syndicate. While it may not be all bad, it's certainly not all good either.

you also make it sound like i go get everyones opinion and if it isnt the same as mine i beat them up. that is not true at all. most of the time the fights are with people who just dont know how to act right and end up doing something fuckin stupid. so the last fight i got into i had to guys corner me in a parking lot and try and strongarm me for money. so what are you supposed to do fuckin talk it out with them. fold over and then get online and right a blog about it. fuck that i did what i do. i suprised at your age that you havent realized that there are times when talking isnt the answer. if people are going to wear clothes that state opinions they are going to be held accountable for them. does that mean i am going to beat them up. no. but im sorry if i see some asshole in a leather jacket with a giant swastka on it i am going to confront him on it. i dont do this for you. i do this for me. i wont stand on the side and not do anything. if its wrong its wrong. yes evryone has the right to their opinion but that doesnt make you unacountable for the stances you take.
    That's kind of the point, you're making it sound like it's your job to police anyone. It isn't. You're not some vigilante making the world a better place by beating up some dude with a swastika. You're not actually addressing the problem, you're just using it as an excuse to get into a fight, which you clearly enjoy. So you beat up a guy. Great. I'm sure you've been beat up and jumped. Did it change what you thought about whatever the reason was? Did it really change anything? What do you think you've really ever accomplished by getting into fights at shows?

Im A Person Just Like You but I like to fuck some shoes D1988's Avatar
    Please list some "hardcore" bands you are into dude.
    I'm a person just like you
    but I like to fuck some shoes
    On the sofa or in my bed
    It's better than getting head
    Tie the laces on my schlong
    'cos of a nike air max it's standing strong
    I'll even hump it till i bleed
    normal sex life i don't need

i dont know how alot of you came up but in detroit you had to earn the right to go to shows. we fought are way into this scene with old crazy drunks that would fight us on sight if we had x's on our hands. now that i am the older guy at shows i make sure that the kids that are there for the right reasons are takin care of and the fuckin hatebreed fans that like to shove fuckers from behind and donkey kick are takinn care of. you may think crews are a joke but i tell you what find a dude in courage crew and tell him he is a joke.
    Hi there,

I'm originally from South Bend, IN and grew up going to shows in Chicago, Indianapolis, and Michigan. My "hardcore mentor" is 11 years older than me and was often mistaken for Courage Crew because he's a SHARP with some crazy tattoos and a letterman's jacket. He and I are very chill people that tend to get along with many people and often talked to CC guys. Some we even considered friends.

I understand brotherhood and the love for hardcore. And I personally have had a run-in with a Nazi who was bragging about selling drugs to some kids at the club which I often volunteered. I won't say that was right, but I can understand the emotion behind the actions and standing up for yourself-physically if necessary. It sounds that in a way, you're trying to fill the role of scene elder to those that don't follow the unspoken rules. My assumption is that your way of "takin' care of" these problems is often physical, which I find unnecessary. The crew's actions, even if it's only done by a few members, brings a negative spotlight on straightedge and hardcore. Question: If someone from your crew acts out that reflects poorly, are they reprimanded?

Quote Originally Posted by D1988 View Post
    Please list some "hardcore" bands you are into dude.
    deathstar
    sleeping giant
    shockwave
    fight it out
    tyrant
    earth crisis
    path of resistance
    force of change
    aftermath of a trainwreck
    coalesce
    misery signals
    rhinocerous

Quote Originally Posted by xsecx View Post
    That's kind of the point, you're making it sound like it's your job to police anyone. It isn't. You're not some vigilante making the world a better place by beating up some dude with a swastika. You're not actually addressing the problem, you're just using it as an excuse to get into a fight, which you clearly enjoy. So you beat up a guy. Great. I'm sure you've been beat up and jumped. Did it change what you thought about whatever the reason was? Did it really change anything? What do you think you've really ever accomplished by getting into fights at shows?
    it doesnt matter what i say you will disagree and that is fine im just trying to maybe educate you on some things that you speak of but dont know anything about. your mind is all made up of what you think of me my crew and people like me. i just come across alot of sites like these were kids just talk shit about things they dont understand. im trying to find common ground but it isnt there. you wanna know my beliefs but then you just shoot me down everytime i make a point. i am passionate in what i believe. i live and die for my beliefs. no one asked me to do what i do but if we dont police our own shows they get shut down or over run with bullshit. you go to a hatebreed show now and tell me if that is what you want your local show s to become. and i know you will tell me you dont care who comes to shows and i have no right to tell anyone who shouldnt be at shows. it never changes with each group. alot of talk about good things to do and no action. you know what your scene is different than mine and i came up different than you so we will agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaRant View Post
    Hi there,

I'm originally from South Bend, IN and grew up going to shows in Chicago, Indianapolis, and Michigan. My "hardcore mentor" is 11 years older than me and was often mistaken for Courage Crew because he's a SHARP with some crazy tattoos and a letterman's jacket. He and I are very chill people that tend to get along with many people and often talked to CC guys. Some we even considered friends.

I understand brotherhood and the love for hardcore. And I personally have had a run-in with a Nazi who was bragging about selling drugs to some kids at the club which I often volunteered. I won't say that was right, but I can understand the emotion behind the actions and standing up for yourself-physically if necessary. It sounds that in a way, you're trying to fill the role of scene elder to those that don't follow the unspoken rules. My assumption is that your way of "takin' care of" these problems is often physical, which I find unnecessary. The crew's actions, even if it's only done by a few members, brings a negative spotlight on straightedge and hardcore. Question: If someone from your crew acts out that reflects poorly, are they reprimanded?
    it is not easy to be courage crew, we make sure we arent getting a bunch of fuckin retards running around thinking they can get away with what they want, but we are human and people make mistakes. we dont reprimand we learn and teach one another. if someone fucks up we pick them up and help them fix what ever it is they did.

Thread Information