Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: tell us about your local hardcore scene?

from the deep south.
    a few xhateyouifyournotstraightedgex bands that suck and a few sad metalcore bands from my area, There are some good australian hardcore bands though like mindsnare, jungle fever and powerslam.

The CT scene

I live in central Connecticut (near Willimantic, if that helps) and there's no real scene here. There's one corporate venue nearby where crap like Good Charlotte plays. The only places in the entire state where the occasional good show happens are an hour away, and they're both in bars. There are a few good bands around here, but there's nowhere for them to play, so shows are essentially nonexistent.

Quote Originally Posted by hxcsxe
    im from portsmouth and its shit.
    im intrested in how diffrent the hardcore is in diffrent locations are.
    where you from?
    and the bands?
    I'm from Veracruz, Mexico and there are no hardcore bands at all. There's one that call themselves hardcore but is not. The band that i like the most (and it's not hardcore) is called Eructo.

Where I'm from, there is no scene. I'm the only kid around here that knows about hardcore.

Here where I live there's hardcore and the scene is active but no straight edge. I think there's one sXe band in the whole country, about 50-100 edgers but they're not united. Most of people are drunk and on drugs, and make fun of edgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossover-Kid
    Here where I live there's hardcore and the scene is active but no straight edge. I think there's one sXe band in the whole country, about 50-100 edgers but they're not united. Most of people are drunk and on drugs, and make fun of edgers.

Agreed.. I live in Missouri and we have a decent scene from where i am at. Umm... i would say that we only have a few edge ppl here.. me being one of em, and my friend is gonna claim soon just kinda shy about it b/c ppl can be massive dicks about being edge or not. There is like 2-3 that claim edge but claim it and hide it b/c they aren't truely edge just posers... I live in Webb (15k ppl) and my school's scene is growing but some people are gettting mad b/c other people are being introduced to music.

We do although have a concert building in joplin which normally has at least one good show every couple weeks in the school year... and about 1 a week in summer. I have a few friends that introduce me to more people that are cool hxc kids ( i mainly stand alone as sxe)

I am one of like 10 kids that hxc dance normally so... but i am gonna be heading up to Cinncinnati to check out there scene and hang with my friend. Go to a few concerts and underground... etc

Hmm, the New York City scene? Its pretty decent in my opinion, and I really wouldn't say its bad. I've been to a few shows, but I'm not really active on it much. Uhh, ABC No Rio is around $8 for admission, and has a show almost every week, and a hardcore show every now and then too.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxGuardianxXx
    There is like 2-3 that claim edge but claim it and hide it b/c they aren't truely edge just posers...
    Hiding is the opposite of posing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossover-Kid
    I knew you were talking about Finland! Hi there! Btw. I sing in a fresh sxe band, but don't have any recordings yet. :)

There's this one hxc band in Finland, called Turn The Tide.
    http://www.myspace.com/turnxthextide

There's quite a few good hardcore bands in Finland, anyways.
    Check this out: http://youtube.com/watch?v=cYKYWXd-hIY
    Last edited by Slober; 09-08-2007 at 04:35 PM.

here in seattle there is a little edge scene, its actually not too bad, i just don't know much about it because i just moved back from Hillsboro Missouri, and don't know a single soul here in seattle.

like i siad before my scene is shit portsmouth is nothing when it comes to hardcore, so if you could be so kinda and add my upcoming hardcore band
    www.myspace.com/threatbyrequest

that would be much appreciated thanks

Semi-Intelligent Entity xCrucialDudex's Avatar
    Ukraine, Simferopol. No scene, no hardcore, no straightedge.

There's a punk band around Wankers Punk that, I was told by their friends, "are trying to play hardcore" but I missed the show on 15 September so I can't really tell if they sound any good.

There are also a few people including me who officially claim straightedge. I know no one in person but have heard a lot about a guy who claims straightedge and is convincing others that veganism is a part of it, promiscuous sex part is also a part of it... needless to say I don't really feel excited about meeting a guy.

I noticed more and more people around me seem to get interested (to an extend) in straightedge and hardcore music and I believe that if properly done a scene could be created.

At present time there's just nothing.

Any suggestions on how to create hardcore and straightedge scene?

Even though this is not the country/cities I live in I hear Moscow and St.Petersburg hardcore straightedge scenes are thriving but are facing constant problem of fighting both figuratively and literally neo-fascists, i.e. boneheads to be more precise. This is an acute problem in these two cities as far as I can judge.

A number of Russian hardcore straightedge bands made a few records that reflect the issue. Just to name a few bands:

- Проверочная Линейка (Russian for "Straight Edge tool")
    - What We Feel (the band I enjoy very much, http://www.myspace.com/wwfhc)
    - Sandinista (the band is appreciated by many even though they sound nothing like hardcore punk)
    Last edited by xCrucialDudex; 10-03-2007 at 08:24 AM.

i'm from belgium, and i live in Grammont/Geraardsbergen
    everyone laughs with me, they think sXe is just bullshit
    the scene is shit out here, just a few ppl and not that many bands..
    but in april i go to Groezrock, a big hardcore & punk festival :)
    for the bands i always go to the festivals, even though there isn't that much hardcore,
    saw Madball this august though
    I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

visit http://www.z-spot.be/
    Z-spot Gaming community
    No Ego's, no "pwnage", just gaming

Im A Person Just Like You but I like to fuck some shoes D1988's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifestyle_X
    i'm from belgium, and i live in Grammont/Geraardsbergen
    everyone laughs with me, they think sXe is just bullshit
    the scene is shit out here, just a few ppl and not that many bands..
    but in april i go to Groezrock, a big hardcore & punk festival :)
    for the bands i always go to the festivals, even though there isn't that much hardcore,
    saw Madball this august though
    I don't know all of the areas of Belgium to be honest but there are so many amazing bands in Belgium right now, the scene is amazing and makes me jealous. Bands such as:

True Colors
    One Voice
    Rhythm To The Madness
    Justice
    Losing Streak

I think some of them use the term "H8000", is that some form of post code or area code or something that they use t define where they are from?

Can't you travel to places like Bruge for all of the awesome shows that go on there?
    I'm a person just like you
    but I like to fuck some shoes
    On the sofa or in my bed
    It's better than getting head
    Tie the laces on my schlong
    'cos of a nike air max it's standing strong
    I'll even hump it till i bleed
    normal sex life i don't need

Well, I'm from Münster, Germany.
    We have a pretty good Hardcore-Scene here, I think the most famous local band is Short Fuse, who play Newschool-Hardcore I think, but many other little bands, who aren't really famous outside of Münster, but who are very good, as I think.
    There's not really a sxe-scene here, I know one other guy, but we have a nice hxc scene, so it's okay.
    Also nice is, that there are often hxc bands from elsewhere playing here, like Hatebreed, Converge and others on Vainstream Rockfest this summer or Gorilla Buiscuits, who play tomorrow in Münster. Unfortunately I have neither money nor time, so I can not join their show.

I now live outside Atlanta and the scene here is good. Its split between 2 groups tho. The kids who go to throwdown shows and the kids who go to blacklisted and have heart shows. The 2 do not play well together for the most part. We have shows all the time. Which is awesome. I'm going to se agnostic front death before dishonor and seventh star soon. Just saw have heart and sinking ships. Have seen shipwreck,bitter end, gorilla biscuits,madball,sick of it all, colin of arbia, ruiner, crimes in stereo etc... So scene here is pretty damn good.

Not a whole lot of edge kids but when edge bands play you see them iin full force.

Thread Information