Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tell us about your local hardcore scene?

tell us about your local hardcore scene?

im from portsmouth and its shit.
    im intrested in how diffrent the hardcore is in diffrent locations are.
    where you from?
    and the bands?

Quote Originally Posted by hxcsxe
    im from portsmouth and its shit.
    im intrested in how diffrent the hardcore is in diffrent locations are.
    where you from?
    and the bands?
    I am mainly supportive of the south wales scene, favoutirte bands from that neck of the woods are captain insano and misuse.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

Im A Person Just Like You but I like to fuck some shoes D1988's Avatar
    Hardcore Scene in Scotland, not much to speak about unfortunately.

Bands I like up here include The Fightback, Insurgent and Offside.

Theres a new band out recently called Big Gunz Of Mosh, there songs are pretty funny, they have a real good laugh but still take gigging and song writing seriously I kinda like the way they do things :)

And theres my band, Punchers Chance but we are pretty shitty to be honest.

X-Over-O
    My scene is crazy! Unfotunately... There is literally NO such thing as Straight dge around here. Everyone's incredibly drug fucked... Our bands are mostly underground, which means that the shows are really personal. No stage barriers, no security or anything unless it's at a club or something. Otherwise everyone that wants to play pools money and hires a school hall or some shit and then there's a simple $10 entry fee, for an eight hour night supporting more than 8 bands.

Bands include the likes of Imperium, My Untimely Death, Echoed Silence, The Homeless, Eyeless Youth etc. We get to see heaps of locals that are coming out too, I saw Parkway Drive and I Killed The Prom Queen last year when they were on thier promo tours for new albums and shit.

Everyone gets drunk and does drugs after shows though... It's the only part I hate. Everyone dresses like punk cross hardcore kids and just stands there nodding. Only a small percentage get in there and mosh, and an even smaller percentage again have a dance. Whish brings back to mind, we have some alright punk bands too, such as Radio Riot. Pretty good for making you feel better and have some fun. We always play the punk stuff first to get everyone hyped up, and then when the main acts come out, it gets crazy.

Our Scene is horrible. No good bands have ever really came out of here excpet Holden Caulfield. Columbus has a few good bands that come near here every so often. Not too many straight edge kids here anymore.

Im from the Kentuckiana area, which is like basically the border between Indiana and Kentucky.

I live in New Albany, our scene here is two bands who claim to be hardcore but cling to the dicks of Emanuel. Then there was Akeldema..... Look them up on Myspace.

When I lived over in Louisville, Kentucky however, there was a scene unlike anything I have seen. There is a somewhat straight edge feel in some of the bands. Bands like Ganthet and By The Grace Of God. Other notable bands are Black Cross, Kinghorse, Swish, Kodan Armada, and Equal and Ultra.

it's lacking. The good shows at least. We used to have a much better scene. With Honor played here back in the "Heart means everything" days, so did Folly, The Banner, and HORSE the band. There also used to be fun ska shows every friday. I miss it.
    It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It’s us. Only us.

Quote Originally Posted by xGriffox
    it's lacking. The good shows at least. We used to have a much better scene. With Honor played here back in the "Heart means everything" days, so did Folly, The Banner, and HORSE the band. There also used to be fun ska shows every friday. I miss it.
    call me steriotypical but i thought new york was booming with hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by hxcsxe
    call me steriotypical but i thought new york was booming with hardcore
    new york city more so then just everywhere in NY.
    It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It’s us. Only us.

My town doesn't know what hardcore is.

But we have our fair share of 'emos' who don't know who rites of spring are.

Quote Originally Posted by strombollii
    My town doesn't know what hardcore is.

But we have our fair share of 'emos' who don't know who rites of spring are.
    Definitely know how that goes. I love how the kids at my school claim edge and have no fucking clue who Minor Threat, Gorilla Biscuits and Have Heart are amd totally obsessed with Underoath and AFI.
    Last edited by Michael; 02-15-2007 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael
    Definitely know how that goes. I love how the kids at my school claim edge and have no fucking clue who Minor Threat, Gorilla Biscuits and Have Heart and are totally obsessed with Underoath and AFI.
    mmm have heart.

Sorry...yeah, I know how that goes too...but actually, i left out the one or two asshole 'edgers' at my school too, and I'm curious if anyone else has to deal with people like this:

I came to my (NC)highschool (from the north jersey scene)as someone listening to hardcore, but never really getting into the 'community' around here (like i said, coming from nj to nc)...you know, claiming edge but never wearing it on my sleeve per se, or even really going to that many shows because of the fact that its a 50 min. drive anywhere to see a show.
    Anyhow, now that I've been to my fair share of shows and have friends who give a shit about me/support my decisions, I've become more active in what little community we have...helping bands out, selling merch, advertising shows, etc.
    For some reason, everyone that is supposedly "core"...or what passes for that down here is a complete asshat. I mean, I'm all for having pride in one's decisions, but its completely impossible for me to even go to a show without having to deal with a bunch of fucking loosers who have nothing better to do than tell everyone that they 'aren't really edge' or posers ... you know the drill.

I dk, sorry for the rant, I just miss community-oriented hardcore.

Registered User xGloryCityDisasterx's Avatar
    the indianapolis hardcore scene is shit. all of the bands around here are pop punk fob and Panic! wannabees. its horrible.

The scene in my town rocks compared to the crap you guys are describing. I thought it was bad here but we have a good show at least 20 miles drive or less once every two weeks. Tyrant, CDC, Suffocate Faster, ROT (Hardcore Rap?), Never Again, so on and so forth. People show up and dance, mosh, sing along, stage dive. Anywhere around 12 to 20 people dancing or moshing at one time. Almost everybody at the shows is edge and proud of it.

Almost forgot. I'm from Dayton.
    glory through victory,
    victory through death

Federico From Argentina

Hello people im Federico from Argentina. The movment here in Buenos Aires is ok. Bands like Minoria Activa or Vieja Escuela are the first image of Straight Edge here.
    My band is The Game, and we likes Fugazi, NOFX, Minor threat but Queen, bands of the 70s, bands of the 80s likes too.
    We are a mixed of sounds but we doesnt take the Straight Edge as a religion we just likes the music.

Well this is my first message!
    My MSN is: fedmartu@hotmail.com

Bye

Thread Information