Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trip to London!

Quote Originally Posted by xsecx
    yeah but it is daunting if you've never done it. that city is just too damn big and hard to get around for people that aren't used to it.
    It would be daunting if you didn't have a map and a tube map but if you know where you want to get to and are in a tube station i don't see whats hard about that.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

Quote Originally Posted by straightXed
    It would be daunting if you didn't have a map and a tube map but if you know where you want to get to and are in a tube station i don't see whats hard about that.
    yeah, but the fact that you'd need a map and a compass to get around does kind of make it daunting.

yeah, but the fact that you'd need a map and a compass to get around does kind of make it daunting.
    I don't think you need a compass but i personally use a map when i am visting most new places. And i'm just saying the tube isn't really hard and you can't get lost, if you end up in the wrong place you just get on another tube train thats going to the right place. Its no harder than getting on a bus, you identify where you are going and get the bus/tube that goes there.

I don't think you need a compass but i personally use a map when i am visting most new places. And i'm just saying the tube isn't really hard and you can't get lost, if you end up in the wrong place you just get on another tube train thats going to the right place. Its no harder than getting on a bus, you identify where you are going and get the bus/tube that goes there.
    To be able to figure out where you on in relation to the map, I would need the compass to tell me which way was north.. Especially when there's no sun. And I agree with you in terms of the tube. My problem when I was there was trying to find specific places from the tube station even with a walkers guide and/or londones with us that still got lost. Of all of the cities I've been to London is one of the more confusing to navigate.

attilla's greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreat grandhun SgtD's Avatar
    daunting! a new word i learned today! wooo

To be able to figure out where you on in relation to the map, I would need the compass to tell me which way was north.. Especially when there's no sun. And I agree with you in terms of the tube. My problem when I was there was trying to find specific places from the tube station even with a walkers guide and/or londones with us that still got lost. Of all of the cities I've been to London is one of the more confusing to navigate.

Driving in london is impossible, i get lost immediately. I've had less of a problem on foot and have usually been able to rely on landmarks etc. to fathom what way north was. However i don't dispute its hard to navigate overground, like i said you think you are lost and suddenly end up on course again. And i have walked round london with londoners too and recall them finding a couple of places they didn't know existed even though they lived in the area and walked it frequently. But the tube is a great help in actually stopping you getting lost in london, like if you find a tube station you can quickly figure out where you are in relation to where you need to be, london with no tube, now that would be scary!

Im A Person Just Like You but I like to fuck some shoes D1988's Avatar
    Hey guys I had a great time, and like you said yes it isn't really that hard to get around the place, the tube is actually GOOD public transport, very easy to use. I never thought I would ever encounter public transport that is actually GOOD haha

went to Camden, that place was busy as hell, and as soon as I got out the tube station there were black guys prowling round everyone, pickpockets I guessed, also got offered drugs like 4 times all from these black guys, Camden wasn't so good cos it was so busy.

The gig was OK on the Friday, the venue was huge though, I am not a fan of these large venue gigs but it was still pretty good.

Went on a bus tour as well so seen most of the big attractions got some pictures had a laugh then went to Piccadilly Circus at night for food which was hard cos I happened to visit on London's busiest xmas shopping weekend of the month so as you can guess it was packed, couldn't move.

Overall was a good trip we enjoyed it

Oh and London is filthy, I guessing its air pollution or dust from the tube cos when we all blew our nose there was black shit up there, and the River Thames is the dirtiest river I have seen and it stinks, those are realy the only complaints though, was fun :)

Quote Originally Posted by D1988
    Oh and London is filthy, I guessing its air pollution or dust from the tube cos when we all blew our nose there was black shit up there, and the River Thames is the dirtiest river I have seen and it stinks, those are realy the only complaints though, was fun :)
    yeah I had ment to say about the black snot, I wonder how people who live there do it?

Quote Originally Posted by xvunderx
    yeah I had ment to say about the black snot, I wonder how people who live there do it?
    Shit and the woman on the bus tour had the cheek to say that London wasn't smoggy and polluted anymore

went to Camden, that place was busy as hell, and as soon as I got out the tube station there were black guys prowling round everyone, pickpockets I guessed, also got offered drugs like 4 times all from these black guys, Camden wasn't so good cos it was so busy.
    this comes off as pretty racist.

this comes off as pretty racist.
    It isn't intended to be racist at all

I was just pointing out that I got offered drugs more than 3 times all from black guys and as soon as I stepped of the tube there were all these black guys walking around amongst all the people acting suspiciously, I don't see whats racist about that?

So sorry if it "seems" to come off as racist

It isn't intended to be racist at all

I was just pointing out that I got offered drugs more than 3 times all from black guys and as soon as I stepped of the tube there were all these black guys walking around amongst all the people acting suspiciously, I don't see whats racist about that?

So sorry if it "seems" to come off as racist

The fact that you find it necessary to isolate the colour of their skin as a relative fact is what makes it seem racist. You could just say a bunch of people acting suspiciously, if they were white people acting that way would you indicate the colour of their skin when relaying the story to us? I'm betting you wouldn't. Them being black is irrelevent, just look at how you didn't indicate the colour of the other people or the woman on the bus tour. Perhaps you are only suspicious of black people and for that reason sub consiously chose not to notice any people of other races acting suspiciously? The only time you chose to denote the persons colour is when you were describing a negative act, furthermore and act which supports a racist sterotype of black people, thats pretty much why it comes off that way, food for thought.

The fact that you find it necessary to isolate the colour of their skin as a relative fact is what makes it seem racist. You could just say a bunch of people acting suspiciously, if they were white people acting that way would you indicate the colour of their skin when relaying the story to us? I'm betting you wouldn't. Them being black is irrelevent, just look at how you didn't indicate the colour of the other people or the woman on the bus tour. Perhaps you are only suspicious of black people and for that reason sub consiously chose not to notice any people of other races acting suspiciously? The only time you chose to denote the persons colour is when you were describing a negative act, furthermore and act which supports a racist sterotype of black people, thats pretty much why it comes off that way, food for thought.
    maybe its because I have never encountered people like this until I went to London, I'm not going to get into a post after post debate about this.

maybe its because I have never encountered people like this until I went to London, I'm not going to get into a post after post debate about this.
    yeah but the peoples race is irrelevant. When you introduce it you are bringing it up either consciously or unconsciously in a racist way.

Dude, you asked why it comes off like that, i'm not trying pull you into a huge debate on it. Thats the reason it comes off the way it does its up to you if you want to take that on board or not hence the food for thought comment at the end.

And out of interest do you mean you have never encountered black people or you have never encountered pick pockets or people acting suspiciously?

P.S. Of what origin was the tour guide woman?

Thread Information