Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trip to London!

Im A Person Just Like You but I like to fuck some shoes D1988's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by straightXed
    Dude, you asked why it comes off like that, i'm not trying pull you into a huge debate on it. Thats the reason it comes off the way it does its up to you if you want to take that on board or not hence the food for thought comment at the end.

And out of interest do you mean you have never encountered black people or you have never encountered pick pockets or people acting suspiciously?

P.S. Of what origin was the tour guide woman?
    I have encountered black people but I have never been anywhere with so many mixed races like that is what I was meaning. These guys were hanging around in gangs and they were all black guys, if it comes off racists I can understand that but I am not being racist.

The tour guide was English, from London.

Quote Originally Posted by D1988
    I have encountered black people but I have never been anywhere with so many mixed races like that is what I was meaning. These guys were hanging around in gangs and they were all black guys, if it comes off racists I can understand that but I am not being racist.
    Ok so by illustrating that the dodgy people were black it really doesn't convey that you found london to be multi-cultural. And it was pretty irrelevent to what you were actually saying - denoting colour of people in gangs or pickpocketing would only be valid if you were trying to give a description of these people to the police etc. As a result you just described black people in a negative fashion, recently i went to a part of wales that had so many asians, it was probably the most i had ever seen. Theres nothing wrong with talking about race, but you used colour of skin not as the focus of what you were saying, you could have just said i kept getting offered drugs and there were loads of suspicious types. The colour was pretty redundant, its like if i goto a shop and buy a hat and get £10 off from the guy in the shop. If i told you about it later would i say a black guy gave me a tenner off or just the guy gave me a tenner off, the point is the colour is completely irrelevent to him giving me £10 off just as drug pushing and being suspicious has nothing to do with being black. I'm sure its just a habbit thing and you weren't intending to be racist but be aware of habits and how they are formed, many people joke and us race as a derogatory factor and its wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by D1988
    The tour guide was English, from London.
    was she white? I'm really supprised you haven't put her race forward yet, which makes me think she's white and thats why you haven't mentioned it.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

Im A Person Just Like You but I like to fuck some shoes D1988's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by straightXed
    Ok so by illustrating that the dodgy people were black it really doesn't convey that you found london to be multi-cultural. And it was pretty irrelevent to what you were actually saying - denoting colour of people in gangs or pickpocketing would only be valid if you were trying to give a description of these people to the police etc. As a result you just described black people in a negative fashion, recently i went to a part of wales that had so many asians, it was probably the most i had ever seen. Theres nothing wrong with talking about race, but you used colour of skin not as the focus of what you were saying, you could have just said i kept getting offered drugs and there were loads of suspicious types. The colour was pretty redundant, its like if i goto a shop and buy a hat and get £10 off from the guy in the shop. If i told you about it later would i say a black guy gave me a tenner off or just the guy gave me a tenner off, the point is the colour is completely irrelevent to him giving me £10 off just as drug pushing and being suspicious has nothing to do with being black. I'm sure its just a habbit thing and you weren't intending to be racist but be aware of habits and how they are formed, many people joke and us race as a derogatory factor and its wrong.

was she white? I'm really supprised you haven't put her race forward yet, which makes me think she's white and thats why you haven't mentioned it.
    she was white

Thread Information