Thread: Please help!!! If you're in college ...

Please help!!! If you're in college ...

Hi! I am writing a paper for my anthropology class about people in college who abstain from drinking. I am one of these people, but I need feedback from others like me. If you could please answer my questions, I would really appreciate it! Thank you so much!!

1) Why do you abstain from drinking (i.e. moral, religious, health reasons)?

2) Do you receive pressure to drink? From whom?

3) Are you ever tempted to participate in drinking? What is the temptation/where does it come from (i.e. parents, peers, self)? How difficult is it to abstain from drinking, and how do you resist temptation?

4) Do people view you differently solely on the basis that you do not drink? If so, how?

5) How many college students do you know (that you come into physical contact with; not through the computer) that also do not drink?

Thumbs up

*Health Reasons

*Yes.. from myself

3) Are you ever tempted to participate in drinking? What is the temptation/where does it come from (i.e. parents, peers, self)? How difficult is it to abstain from drinking, and how do you resist temptation?
    *Yes.... the temptation comes from myself, but its pretty easy to resist since ive been abstaining for a long time, and i realize i have an addictive personality that would more than likely result in me becoming an alcoholic

4) Do people view you differently solely on the basis that you do not drink? If so, how?
    *Yes , other than being sober im pretty much the same as any other college student, so that aspect is one of the first things noticed in the college atmosphere. Also being straight edge in Salt Lake City comes with a very negative stereotype

5) How many college students do you know (that you come into physical contact with; not through the computer) that also do not drink? at least a dozen that actually go to college

Quote Originally Posted by urgonnasellout
    *Health Reasons

*Yes.. from myself

*Yes.... the temptation comes from myself, but its pretty easy to resist since ive been abstaining for a long time, and i realize i have an addictive personality that would more than likely result in me becoming an alcoholic

*Yes , other than being sober im pretty much the same as any other college student, so that aspect is one of the first things noticed in the college atmosphere. Also being straight edge in Salt Lake City comes with a very negative stereotype

5) How many college students do you know (that you come into physical contact with; not through the computer) that also do not drink? at least a dozen that actually go to college

so you're either a really old college student or a liar, which one is it?

http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by anthrogirl
    Hi! I am writing a paper for my anthropology class about people in college who abstain from drinking. I am one of these people, but I need feedback from others like me. If you could please answer my questions, I would really appreciate it! Thank you so much!!

5) How many college students do you know (that you come into physical contact with; not through the computer) that also do not drink?
    1)because im awesome and drugs are wrong
    2)no
    3)no
    4)yes, as the guy who doesnt drink
    5)two
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

Moral reasons

No, not really.

No, I'm not tempted.

Yes, but as the designated walker-home, and voice of concience, not in a really negative way.

Ummm, this sounds bad but none.
    ~*~ Sarah~*~

Thread Information