Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Caffine?

Caffine?

So ive been looking around and i see that from what i read it seems like if your straight edge you dont drink anything with caffine? why is that. and if i do drink caffine does that mean i can not be straight edge? becasue to tell you all the truth i love energy drinks and i now there full of caffine so i was just wundering.

Quote Originally Posted by kitcat
    So ive been looking around and i see that from what i read it seems like if your straight edge you dont drink anything with caffine? why is that. and if i do drink caffine does that mean i can not be straight edge? becasue to tell you all the truth i love energy drinks and i now there full of caffine so i was just wundering.
    Caffeine is probably the most accepted and used drug in the world. By saying you're straight edge it means you're against the recreational use of drugs and energy drinks and caffeine are definitely recreational.

Asshat
    Quote Originally Posted by xsecx
    Caffeine is probably the most accepted and used drug in the world. By saying you're straight edge it means you're against the recreational use of drugs and energy drinks and caffeine are definitely recreational.
    HAHAHAHAHA... ARE YOU SERIOUS???? you are aweSomE
    Last edited by Tahir; 11-06-2006 at 10:45 PM.

attilla's greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreat grandhun SgtD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahir
    HAHAHAHAHA... ARE YOU SERIOUS???? you are aweSomE
    he is, and you're a moron.

Asshat
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtD
    he is, and you're a moron.
    wow, i'm the moron for comparing shooting heroin to drinking redbulls??? and you bought into that garbage???

Im A Person Just Like You but I like to fuck some shoes D1988's Avatar
    wow, i'm the moron for comparing shooting heroin to drinking redbulls??? and you bought into that garbage???
    do you actually know what straight edge is all about?

I also think you are a moron for dismissing something someone has said without even having a clue what your talking about.

Shoot up on heroin, you will be on a high, its a mind altering drug. Drink a red bull or 2, you will be on a high, its a mind altering drug.

Explain your argument further because the majority of people on this forum ARE going to prove you completely and utterly wrong, good luck.

attilla's greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreat grandhun SgtD's Avatar
    caffeine is a drug. this is a fact, no matter what you say, this is how it is, smart ass

I have to admit that the use of caffeine as a "recreational drug" seems to be an odd stance. I wouldn't begrudge anyone saying they were straightedge if they had the odd cup of coffee. Surely in moderation this is deemed as acceptable to the majority of the straightedge community?

Im A Person Just Like You but I like to fuck some shoes D1988's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen
    I have to admit that the use of caffeine as a "recreational drug" seems to be an odd stance.
    How does this seem odd? Caffeine is as much o a drug as anything else in my eyes.

Using caffeine for "recreational use", meaning people deliberately use allot of it to get on a high? But your saying that a cup of coffee every now and again shouldn't mean anything, does this mean we can all have one or two beers every now and again aswell? or have a cigarette once a week?

Its the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by Glen
    I have to admit that the use of caffeine as a "recreational drug" seems to be an odd stance. I wouldn't begrudge anyone saying they were straightedge if they had the odd cup of coffee. Surely in moderation this is deemed as acceptable to the majority of the straightedge community?
    would moderate use of any other drug be acceptable? If so which ones? If not why is caffeine acceptable.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

Asshat
    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by D1988
    do you actually know what straight edge is all about?
    well i was X'in up and pointing my finger to sing alongs when you were in diapers little kid. i know what straightedge is, i know where it came from and i know what it's about.

I also think you are a moron for dismissing something someone has said without even having a clue what your talking about.
    do you eat meat? do you consume artificial colors and flavors? sugar? these are all mind and body altering ingredients.
    i haven't consumed un-natural caffine in over 14 years. how long have you abstained from it? or do you even abstain at all?
    but consuming caffine doesn't "make or break" someones ability to be straightedge.
    why don't you call Choke from Slapshot and tell him he can't be edge because he drinks cokes. in fact why don't you call litterally EVERY band that made straightedge what it is today and tell them.

in fact your beloved minor threat, has pictures of them sitting around drinking COKES.

Shoot up on heroin, you will be on a high, its a mind altering drug. Drink a red bull or 2, you will be on a high, its a mind altering drug.
    how many people have died as a result of caffine? maybe you should learn a little about what you are talking about.

Explain your argument further because the majority of people on this forum ARE going to prove you completely and utterly wrong, good luck.
    well go ahead and prove me completely and utterly wrong. this should be interesting.
    Last edited by Tahir; 11-07-2006 at 11:13 AM.

Asshat
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtD
    caffeine is a drug. this is a fact, no matter what you say, this is how it is, smart ass

okay, do you eat bananas? the majority of fruits have caffine. do you eat chocolate?
    and if you can't see the difference between heroin and caffine then you are either stupid or have never known anybody that has died from REAL drugs. and to be honest i don't believe you are stupid.

do you eat animals that are pumped full of STEROIDS? these are REAL drugs, not caffine. do you eat foods that have artificial ingredients? these have been known to result in "ADD" and "ADHD" in children if you believe that sort of thing, health problems and hyperactivity as a result of sugar and artificial ingredients is just as much of a drug as caffine then. so why don't you abstain from that?
    because abstaining from caffine is the easy part.
    don't pick and choose which "drugs" you are going to stay away from if you are sincere.

okay, do you eat bananas? the majority of fruits have caffine. do you eat chocolate?
    and if you can't see the difference between heroin and caffine then you are either stupid or have never known anybody that has died from REAL drugs. and to be honest i don't believe you are stupid.
    No one has talked about comparing heroin to caffeine but you though. So you're only worried about REAL drugs now? You're against weed, but it's pretty harmless. Where did you get that the majority of fruits have caffeine?
    Things have a trace amount of substances, but I don't think anyone here is talking about avoiding things where it's impossible to affect you. Unless you're trying to say that eating a chocolate bar and drinking a red bull are the same thing, which is possible, you are pretty dumb.

do you eat animals that are pumped full of STEROIDS? these are REAL drugs, not caffine. do you eat foods that have artificial ingredients? these have been known to result in "ADD" and "ADHD" in children if you believe that sort of thing, health problems and hyperactivity as a result of sugar and artificial ingredients is just as much of a drug as caffine then. so why don't you abstain from that?
    because abstaining from caffine is the easy part.
    don't pick and choose which "drugs" you are going to stay away from if you are sincere.
    So how are any of these drugs used recreationally? You're trying to enforce your world view against us "single issue" kids and it just doesn't work. What other drugs are ok then? You're implying you're sincere so you stay away from the majority of fruit?

i never realized caffine was considered a recreational drug... this is why i havent considered myself sxe yet becdause im still learning.
    i still dont get it though becasue all caffine does is make you energetic and alert basically and they make energy drinks with all vitamins and no caffine that does the same thing.as a regular energy drink

Quote Originally Posted by kitcat
    i never realized caffine was considered a recreational drug... this is why i havent considered myself sxe yet becdause im still learning.
    i still dont get it though becasue all caffine does is make you energetic and alert basically and they make energy drinks with all vitamins and no caffine that does the same thing.as a regular energy drink
    the energy comes from a cardiac stimulant that is addictive. The effects on the mind and body are very similar between caffeine and cocaine. The energy from energy drinks almost always comes from caffeine or a caffeine derivative like guarana or mate, if not it's from some other form of stimulant. This is a decent resource to read more about caffeine. http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/caff..._effects.shtml

Thread Information