Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: CM Punk

I posted about CM Punk...didn't know you did too sorry.

cm punk is pretty much the only wrestler i take interest anymore i remeber his first promo on ecw about straightedge and i was like oh sweet.he got the message of straightedge out there but i also think he started up alot of posers.

Straight Edge means I have no friends...

Quote Originally Posted by xsecx View Post
    the fact that it's a gimmick. the wording. the imagery. How is he giving wrestling fans anything other than entertainment and an incorrect perception as to what straight edge is about?

and I'm glad you can go through and find old posts but can't actually address the recent ones that people have made to you. way to not back down!
    The fact that he really is straightedge is awesome. He doesnt use it as a gimmick its just always in the spotlight because he has it tattooed across his abs. The guy is legit about everything he says.

Quote Originally Posted by Rpayne View Post
    The fact that he really is straightedge is awesome. He doesnt use it as a gimmick its just always in the spotlight because he has it tattooed across his abs. The guy is legit about everything he says.
    the fact that he's straight edge at this point is debatable, but if you think he's not using it as a marketing tool at this point, you're fooling yourself. I really don't understand why teenage boys especially are such fanboys for wrestlers and raise them up to some kind of status that somehow anything they think or feel is relevant to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Rpayne View Post
    As a wrestler I like him, but him being straight edge is questionable. He has a pepsi symbol tattooed on his arm. And he does use it as a gimmick, he X's up the tape on his hands when he wrestles and he calls himself the straight edge superstar.
    Later Days

I like pudding
    this guy is awsome he iz my idol

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Brown View Post
    this guy is awsome he iz my idol
    if i wasnt trying to be better behaved..........
    FUCK

I think at first he just X'ed up his fists, but it so obvious now he uses it as a gimmick.
    He takes every pictures raising his fists making an X.
    But on the other hand, he spreads straight edge through an extremely mainstream media, so whether he is edge and "drug-free" (as it is tattooed on his knuckles) or not, at least he is getting it out there.
    Plus, the few times I have seen him he is always wearing a decent band tee. So he's not completely fake.

Cool CM Punk

I don't think he uses it as a gimmick. It allows him to show what he is and be proud. On the subject of his music it is now 'This Fire Burns' by Killswitch Engage (which is an awesome band and song) and he knows how to hardcore dance to it :P so i think it is fine to show it and be proud.
    “Better to die standing, than to live on your knees.” Ernesto 'Che' Guevara

I like pudding
    Quote Originally Posted by michael View Post
    i was just wondering if anyone knew about cm punk, the wrestler who is sxe? He has been wrestling on the independent circuits for a while and just debuted with ecw on sci-fi network. (tuesdays at 10 pm) a wrestler being edge sounds crazy with all the drugs and steroids, but punk apparently is legit.
    he's awsome
    Tears don't fall amd crash around me

I dunno...I love WWE but I can't get into CM Punk. He tries WAY too hard and honestly I don't think he's that good a wrestler. The fact that he's Edge is great but as a performer I don't rate him at all.
    If you get so many tattoos proclaiming yourself to be Straight Edge then I doubt it's a gimmick, but he's really putting it out there and it's sort of annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by alex147 View Post
    I dunno...I love WWE but I can't get into CM Punk. He tries WAY too hard and honestly I don't think he's that good a wrestler. The fact that he's Edge is great but as a performer I don't rate him at all.
    If you get so many tattoos proclaiming yourself to be Straight Edge then I doubt it's a gimmick, but he's really putting it out there and it's sort of annoying.
    How is he not using it as a gimmick though, i mean if i started marketing myself as a straightedge wrestler the straightedge part is the gimmick and not really relevent as anything but being a gimmick. If he is or isn't straightedge really isn't indicative of it being used as a gimmick or not.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

Quote Originally Posted by straightXed View Post
    How is he not using it as a gimmick though, i mean if i started marketing myself as a straightedge wrestler the straightedge part is the gimmick and not really relevent as anything but being a gimmick. If he is or isn't straightedge really isn't indicative of it being used as a gimmick or not.
    He probably is using it as a gimmick, but I don't doubt that he is Straight Edge. He's using it as a selling point.

Quote Originally Posted by alex147 View Post
    He probably is using it as a gimmick, but I don't doubt that he is Straight Edge. He's using it as a selling point.
    If he is or he is not, I doubt his passion for it is as deep as his passion for having it as a wrestling gimmick.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

Thread Information