Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CM Punk

Quote Originally Posted by stepinsideissue
    For some one who says keep it posi all the time way to be a hypocrite.
    Posi was a while ago. Posi isn't too realistic. You can't stay happy forever. But I'm molding myself everday, so I guess that's sorta posi...
    You will be different, sometimes you'll feel like an outcast, but you'll never be alone. You will make my strength your own. You will see my life through your eyes, as your life will be seen through mine. The son becomes the father and the father becomes the son.

Quote Originally Posted by mouseman004
    It's not that pro wrestling has anything to do with sxe, its more that the majority of professional wrestlers use steriods or other performance enhancing drugs, so CM punk is getting out the fact that he wrestle's with all these guys without doing any of those drugs. I don't necessarily agree with him using it as a gimmick, but I think its cool that there is a wrestler out there who isnt jacked up on some sort of drug all the time.
    that is exactly what he is trying to do, yes i know he is kinda using it just to become more over with fans, but every wrestling gimmick is taken from some other idea. thats what we do in wrestling. we take what is cool and we bring it to a mainstream audience. yes this can be bad but its also nice because it can bring more followers.

Quote Originally Posted by Andies Addiction sXe
    that is exactly what he is trying to do, yes i know he is kinda using it just to become more over with fans, but every wrestling gimmick is taken from some other idea. thats what we do in wrestling. we take what is cool and we bring it to a mainstream audience. yes this can be bad but its also nice because it can bring more followers.
    But what if that something doesn't want the mainstream? And what if it only brings in uneducated followers? The image he puts out of sXe isn't a complete one, and will probably do more harm than good.

Quote Originally Posted by Andies Addiction sXe
    Hi, i was wondering why my post wasn't addressed?
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

(Man I'm Late)
    Yeah, Punk is definately pushing his gimmick too far. Any CM Punk Merchandise, is being sold as if you buy it you'll be Hardcore Straight Edge.

I think some of the people are maybe taking CM Punk too seriously as a fan of his I'm gonna back him he is not a typical member of the sXe community but he does embrace the lifestyle like no other professional athlete well other than fellow wrestlers Josh Prohibition and M-Dogg 20 who are also sXe. Punk has been a favorite of mine since I seen him back in IWA Mid-South years ago and in like his first interview one of the first things he said was "I'm drug-free, alcohol-free, tobacco-free better than you" and he only says the better than you part when he is portraying a heel (bad guy) which helps get the character over, he doesn't believe that he is REALLY better than those people. And about the merchandise, if i wear a G-Unit tee does that make me a member of G-Unit so when people wear the CM Punk tees they are doing in support of HIM not the sXe lifestyle.

http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    you guys seriously consider wrestling a sport?
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

Quote Originally Posted by jams_12
    I think some of the people are maybe taking CM Punk too seriously as a fan of his I'm gonna back him he is not a typical member of the sXe community but he does embrace the lifestyle like no other professional athlete well other than fellow wrestlers Josh Prohibition and M-Dogg 20 who are also sXe. Punk has been a favorite of mine since I seen him back in IWA Mid-South years ago and in like his first interview one of the first things he said was "I'm drug-free, alcohol-free, tobacco-free better than you" and he only says the better than you part when he is portraying a heel (bad guy) which helps get the character over, he doesn't believe that he is REALLY better than those people. And about the merchandise, if i wear a G-Unit tee does that make me a member of G-Unit so when people wear the CM Punk tees they are doing in support of HIM not the sXe lifestyle.
    yeah, g unit is a brand, for all intents and purposes. cm punk is using straight edge as a marketing tool, and that's as fucked up and retarded as he is.

Quote Originally Posted by rodrigo
    you guys seriously consider wrestling a sport?
    Fake or not, those guys are pretty incredible athletes
    Later Days

http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mouseman004
    Fake or not, those guys are pretty incredible athletes
    i think everything they do while working out can be a sport, but on stage they just move weirdly and pretend to be beaten up
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

I was really only using G-Unit as an example any band or whatever like someone was to wear a Minor Threat tee that doesn't mean they are sXe necessarily just that they like the band. Is that wrong when a sXe band release a tee to make money?

I was really only using G-Unit as an example any band or whatever like someone was to wear a Minor Threat tee that doesn't mean they are sXe necessarily just that they like the band. Is that wrong when a sXe band release a tee to make money?
    I don't think sxe band t-shirts are wrong but i also don't really get how that relates to what CM punk does, i mean hardcore and straightedge go hand in hand...wrestling and straightedge do not.

The people earlier said that fans might put on a CM Punk tee and think they are straight edge when obviously they ain't (unless they are sxe of course) but my point is just because wrestling and sxe doesn't go hand and hand doesn't mean it can't. I mentioned earlier the names of two wrestlers that I know of (i'd imagine there's more) that are sxe also and so it may not be a majority thing but it does exist in the wrestling business.

The people earlier said that fans might put on a CM Punk tee and think they are straight edge when obviously they ain't (unless they are sxe of course) but my point is just because wrestling and sxe doesn't go hand and hand doesn't mean it can't. I mentioned earlier the names of two wrestlers that I know of (i'd imagine there's more) that are sxe also and so it may not be a majority thing but it does exist in the wrestling business.
    Using straightedge as a gimmick like marketing tool is not cool, wrestling and straightedge have no connection and mr chick magnet is simply taking straightedge and using it for his own ends. If you can explain how sxe and wrestling could be linked in the way that hardcore and sxe are then you'd have a point but i don't think thats possible.

no, in my case I ran into someone that was wearing a shirt that said sraight edge hardcore and had no clue what it was about. How is that something that should be encourage? And how is it something that is at all tied with what straight edge actually is, since none of those wrestlers have anything to do with the straight edge scene as a whole?

Thread Information