Thread: Dress like?

Dress like?

Alright i know u need to b a leader and not a follower. But I want to know what the traditional or orginal straight edger dresses like. Wanna know ur feed back. Oh and iv headed of sxe and hxc people wearing bandanas what color?

I prefer to wear clothing. Usually.
    Constant Work In Progress.

Quote Originally Posted by xF1GHTERx View Post
    Alright i know u need to b a leader and not a follower. But I want to know what the traditional or orginal straight edger dresses like. Wanna know ur feed back. Oh and iv headed of sxe and hxc people wearing bandanas what color?
    Do you mean original like way back in the 80's? i am unsure because you said "dresses like" which made me think you might be speaking of how people dress currently.

Are you asking about bandana colour for a particular reason?
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

There's no fashion requirement. However, with every scene there are looks that become prominent. Rob Dobi pokes fun at all scenes, including hardcore/punk:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

http://www.yourscenesucks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by straightXed View Post
    Do you mean original like way back in the 80's? i am unsure because you said "dresses like" which made me think you might be speaking of how people dress currently.

Are you asking about bandana colour for a particular reason?
    Yeah that's what I ment like how the orginaly dressed back in the 80s. And the bandana thing not really I seen blogs about other straight edge kids saying the use bandanas or something like that

hahaha those pictures are awesome. thats funny because its true.

Quote Originally Posted by xF1GHTERx View Post
    Yeah that's what I ment like how the orginaly dressed back in the 80s. And the bandana thing not really I seen blogs about other straight edge kids saying the use bandanas or something like that
    So why were you asking about the colour in particular?

As for the way people dressed back in the 80's, well best thing to do is check out album inlays from that period and also check out books covering hardcore and straightedge from that period also...theres quite a few available.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaRant View Post
    There's no fashion requirement. However, with every scene there are looks that become prominent. Rob Dobi pokes fun at all scenes, including hardcore/punk:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

http://www.yourscenesucks.com/
    I've been looking for those a really really long time, thanks !
    I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

visit http://www.z-spot.be/
    Z-spot Gaming community
    No Ego's, no "pwnage", just gaming

There's also Straight Edge "Sub Genres", for instance the Youth Crew movement:

The youth crew fashion, different from the stereotypical skinhead fashion worn by many NYC-area hardcore music fans circa 1988, is preserved in record-liner photos, videos, and zine photos from that era. The look was more conventional than a lot of punk fashion. In an interview in 2004's All Ages: Reflections on Straight Edge, Cappo described the youth crew look as being "Tony Hawk meets Beaver Cleaver."

Youth crew fashion included bleached hair, crewcuts and similar haircuts, athletic wear, letterman jackets, sportswear, army pants or shorts, oversized T-shirts bearing band logos or straight edge slogans, hooded sweatshirts and hightop basketball shoes. 7 Seconds and their fans often drew black lines under their eyes in a similar manner to athletes. Hardliners and more militant straight-edgers sometimes wore camouflage and military surplus gear. The Swatch X-Rated became popular in youth crew fashion. Sports brands, such as Adidas, Nike or Champion, were popular in youth crew fashion.

The year 1988 is often considered to be the peak of youth crew straight edge New York hardcore, so the abbreviation '88 sometimes appears in songs, T-shirts, album cover art or other media. 1988 is also commonly remembered as a year that was very violent and dangerous in the New York hardcore scene, when a lot of clubs closed or banned hardcore concerts.

Thread Information