Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 140

Thread: music and edge

  1. #91
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Furniture City USA, Michigan
    Posts
    57
    Dude, is HeWhoCorrupts hardcore?

    Is Pheonix Bodies hardcore?

    How will I know if I'm straight edge if I don't know the bands I am supporting are hardcore or not?

  2. #92
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Furniture City USA, Michigan
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by PROPER JERK
    look around this site there are several lists of great hardcore bands.
    HEY MOTHER FUCKER.

    MAYBE THOSE SHITTY BANDS AREN'T THE ONLY HARDCORE BANDS IN THE WORLD.

    Just because I don't like your shitty hardcore doesn't mean my shit aint hardcore.

    Just because I don't like your shitty hardcore doesn't mean my shit aint hardcore.

    Just because I don't like your shitty hardcore doesn't mean my shit aint hardcore.

    Just because I don't like your shitty hardcore doesn't mean my shit aint hardcore.

    Just because I don't like your shitty hardcore doesn't mean my shit aint hardcore.

  3. #93
    from the deep south.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    359
    oh yeh that he who corrupts isnt hardcore.

  4. #94
    from the deep south.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by BornAgainVirginDrugs
    HEY MOTHER FUCKER.
    HEY!

  5. #95
    http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,786
    Quote Originally Posted by PROPER JERK
    HEY!
    what a rude little guy, aint he?

    its funny that there is a list that is huge and has over 10 pages of sxe bands...
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

  6. #96
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Furniture City USA, Michigan
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by PROPER JERK
    oh yeh that he who corrupts isnt hardcore.
    Why not?

    Why exactly makes HeWhoCorrupts not hardcore? What does it lack?

    You don't seem to want to educate me on what exactly makes a band hardcore.

    It seems you just want to tell me I have to listen the genre but you can't tell me the musical properties of the genre.

    You don't seem to want to educate me on what exactly makes a band hardcore.

    It seems you just want to tell me I have to listen the genre but you can't tell me the musical properties of the genre.
    Last edited by BornAgainVirginDrugs; 06-17-2007 at 10:02 PM.

  7. #97
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Furniture City USA, Michigan
    Posts
    57
    No one is helping me to know what exactly makes that 10 page list of bands hardcore.

    Because whatever makes those bands hardcore makes another.

    No one is helping me to know what exactly makes that 10 page list of bands hardcore.

    Because whatever makes those bands hardcore makes another.

  8. #98
    from the deep south.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by BornAgainVirginDrugs
    No one is helping me to know what exactly makes that 10 page list of bands hardcore.

    Because whatever makes those bands hardcore makes another.

    No one is helping me to know what exactly makes that 10 page list of bands hardcore.

    Because whatever makes those bands hardcore makes another.
    Explain mathcore to us please.

  9. #99
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Furniture City USA, Michigan
    Posts
    57
    Fuck you.

    Off topic again.

  10. #100
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Furniture City USA, Michigan
    Posts
    57
    Mathcore is usually a heavy genre of thrash (thrash is a combination of metal and punk elements, which can include power cords, bar chords, tremelos, the drums can include blast beats, double kicks, and drum rolls), combining elements of extreme and eradtic tempo changes, a boatload of time signatures from each instrument, also instead of playing music in sets of fours, the pattern of sounds in Mathcore usually follow odd numbers.

    Such as 3s.

    1s.

    And maybe even

    5s.

    Now tell me what the fucking gay hardcore is.

    You know what, I don't care anymore.

    It's not as good of a drug as mathcore.

  11. #101
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Furniture City USA, Michigan
    Posts
    57
    I will once you explain to me what hardcore is.

    Math can fall under any genre but it is most pleasing to the ear in the thrash genre, which would make Math MATHCORE.

    Thrash is a combination of punk and metal elements, which can include, power and/or bar chords and/or termelos, double kicks, blast beats, and drum rolls.

    Mathcore has many eratic and even hesitant tempo changes, there is a boatload of time signatures from each instrument which accompany musical patterns in sets of odd and uneven numbers, such as 1, 3,

    and maybe even 5.

    Hey, atleast I know how to fucking describe the genre of music I listen to, which is what all of you who claim "hardcore" is "Edge" fail to do.

  12. #102
    Im A Person Just Like You but I like to fuck some shoes D1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    3,055
    Copy AND Paste!

    GO!
    I'm a person just like you
    but I like to fuck some shoes
    On the sofa or in my bed
    It's better than getting head
    Tie the laces on my schlong
    'cos of a nike air max it's standing strong
    I'll even hump it till i bleed
    normal sex life i don't need

  13. #103
    ..... straightXed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    12,530
    Quote Originally Posted by BornAgainVirginDrugs
    No one is helping me to know what exactly makes that 10 page list of bands hardcore.

    Because whatever makes those bands hardcore makes another.

    No one is helping me to know what exactly makes that 10 page list of bands hardcore.

    Because whatever makes those bands hardcore makes another.
    You don't really endear people to the idea of helping you.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

  14. #104
    ..... straightXed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    12,530
    Quote Originally Posted by BornAgainVirginDrugs
    Like you couldn't have said that about any other genre.

    Thanks for being so descriptive.

    I didn't ask "What defines a musical genre?"

    I asked: "What defines the "hardcore" musical genre?"

    I'm trying to get to the core of what can make a person "edge" as you claim, but I don't see any definition of what is that core.

    It's like you can't really tell me what is hardcore by running around and neglecting the question.

    It's fucking ridiculous. Just answer that question.

    Or maybe you need sometime between posts to find some hardcore bands on the interweb?
    I answered the question, if you would like me to go further into what sound, content and ethic then perhaps you should inspire me to want to discuss things with you. Heres what i suggest, go and listen to suggested bands from the master list thread and then figure it out. If any genuine non facetious questions remain and you post them without comming off as a complete tit then i'm sure people will be happy to help. But as it stands you just seem to be trying to stamp your feet and kick up a stink.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

  15. #105
    Semi-Intelligent Entity xCrucialDudex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,561
    Quote Originally Posted by straightXed
    Straightedge isn't the same if you remove one of its defining elements.
    If Straight Edge is comprised of defining elements this implies there's a definition for Straight Edge, right? If there's a definition someone is responsible for its creation. First, who defined what Straight Edge is and/or is not? Second, what is the Straight Edge according to the definition?

    Quote Originally Posted by straightXed
    The straightedge hardcore scene is the movement, it acheives its purpose by giving like minded people a place to share, its aim is to be able to exist on its own terms and be set aside from the bullshit as well as give everyone the oppertunity to actively participate on an equal level.
    Do you speak for yourself or is this the definition for Straight Edge?
    And what is "bullshit" anyway? In previous posts you talked about accuracy of descriptions, vagueness and that people need to specify what they type. Don't you think that telling someone that Straight Edge as a movement aims to "be set aside from the bullshit" isn't too vague for understanding? What did you mean to say?

    Quote Originally Posted by straightXed
    Ok, perhaps you will think about the fact that whilst you call yourself straightedge you disagree with the consensus of what straightedge people think.
    Are you seriously talking for all of the straight edge people from all over the world? I mean, how can you know exactly what other people think unless you made some sort of poll and fixed the results on paper with accompanying endorsement of those interviewed? The consensus you talk about is pretty amorphous and that's the great problem, in my opinion. What is this consensus? Can you reproduce it verbatim and make me or anyone else in here sure that all of the straight edge people support these ideas? Can you?

    Quote Originally Posted by straightXed
    sxe is drug free + hardcore
    Just hardcore or straight edge hardcore? Or both possible?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. anyone like the oi! music?
    By madriz_sXe in forum Other
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-31-2009, 07:36 AM
  2. About the music.
    By xpatchxrojasx in forum Questions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-30-2006, 06:35 AM
  3. Is there a straight edge culture in the hardcore music scene?
    By c0urage_bReaker</3 in forum Questions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-23-2005, 08:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •