Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: master list

Quote Originally Posted by mouseman004
    They can sell non edge merchandise and make just as much money. my point is, they would probably not be selling shirts that say "Throwdown: Straight Edge" if they were not an edge band
    then if that's the case, then why change the website and why not even include in your band bio?

Quote Originally Posted by xsecx
    what are you basing this on?
    conversations I have had with Daryl Palumbo (lead singer)
    Denial is a river in Egypt.

Quote Originally Posted by xbustedx
    conversations I have had with Daryl Palumbo (lead singer)
    even so, they never put out a straight edge record, and were never a straight edge band. they may have intended to be at the beginning but never were.

even so, they never put out a straight edge record, and were never a straight edge band. they may have intended to be at the beginning but never were.
    They were playing sxe music. Long before they ever put out an album. Your right they never put out a sxe album. But they were a sxe band.

They were playing sxe music. Long before they ever put out an album. Your right they never put out a sxe album. But they were a sxe band.
    sure thing dude, but in the scheme of things and in relative terms, they weren't and shouldn't be included in discussions of straight edge bands if the extent of their time as an edge band was early on and never recorded.

sure thing dude, but in the scheme of things and in relative terms, they weren't and shouldn't be included in discussions of straight edge bands if the extent of their time as an edge band was early on and never recorded.
    if you say so. but I don't think that we should exclude discussing sxe bands just because they were never recorded. But its your forum and yoru rules. So, understood.

if you say so. but I don't think that we should exclude discussing sxe bands just because they were never recorded. But its your forum and yoru rules. So, understood.
    if a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound? How much impact is a band going to have in terms of edge if people don't hear the songs, aren't played and were never recorded?

if a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound? How much impact is a band going to have in terms of edge if people don't hear the songs, aren't played and were never recorded?
    thats not true I am sure lots of people hear bands long before they record anything. And I am sure that they have impacts on their own sxe community.

thats not true I am sure lots of people hear bands long before they record anything. And I am sure that they have impacts on their own sxe community.
    hearing them and them having an impact aren't the same thing. with this case in point, when people talk about and think about glassjaw it's not to do with straight edge at all, because they had no impact on the scene or the movement in general.

Not to interrupt, but xNeverxAgainx, Suffocate Faster, xTyrantx.
    Sorry if they've already been listed, I didn't want to go through every page of this thread.
    Where we go one, we go all

hearing them and them having an impact aren't the same thing. with this case in point, when people talk about and think about glassjaw it's not to do with straight edge at all, because they had no impact on the scene or the movement in general.
    I bet people that heard them when they were sxe still discuss them on the topic of sxe.

I bet people that heard them when they were sxe still discuss them on the topic of sxe.
    so a handful of people in a specific point in time that didn't last very long. that's not impact dude.

so a handful of people in a specific point in time that didn't last very long. that's not impact dude.

it made an impact on them. and so what? if it didn't impact the Entire sxe community? Is it any less worth discussing?

it made an impact on them. and so what? if it didn't impact the Entire sxe community? Is it any less worth discussing?
    it didn't have an impact on anyone. The only reason you know about it based on conversations with people in the band, nothing else. That's not impact. It wasn't worth it to them to continue being a straight edge band except for an extremely short amount of time, so why is it worth discussing? Should we also include every band that played a show, or even met but never played?

it didn't have an impact on anyone. The only reason you know about it based on conversations with people in the band, nothing else. That's not impact. It wasn't worth it to them to continue being a straight edge band except for an extremely short amount of time, so why is it worth discussing? Should we also include every band that played a show, or even met but never played?
    but they DID play your acting as if they never played a song.

Thread Information