Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: blue monday breaks up

attilla's greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreat grandhun SgtD's Avatar

blue monday breaks up

damn. i'm glad i saw them when they played here. such a great band.

So yeah, we're breaking up. I'm sure somebody will make a more in-depth post about this later. But for now, here you go.

Following this tour we will be playing Seattle one more time the day before the last Champion show, followed by a last show in Vancouver probably in September which will feature bands you love and none that you don't.

Thanks to everyone who listened.

xXx One Sick Puppy xXx stepinsideissue's Avatar
    WTF. I'm so upset. There aren't even words to describe my feelings.
    This so called shit is what I live for. It's why I'm alive. I'll never smother the fire forever burning inside.

I'm at the point where I'm sucked in. By the message I get this passion.

The fury is mine. It keeps me alive. I can't breathe till I release what's inside.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtD
    damn. i'm glad i saw them when they played here. such a great band.

That sucks, I just started getting into them and now they are breaking up. I have good timing.

Quote Originally Posted by mouseman004
    That sucks, I just started getting into them and now they are breaking up. I have good timing.
    dude, you fucked this one up. when one of the best bands of a time breaks up, you say:

FUCK! I was moshing upfront at their first show, got their demo tape and got really into them, later on i got all of their coloured vinyl and merch. sad to see them go.

dude, you fucked this one up. when one of the best bands of a time breaks up, you say:

FUCK! I was moshing upfront at their first show, got their demo tape and got really into them, later on i got all of their coloured vinyl and merch. sad to see them go.

Damn! I blew it

Good bands don't stick around too long, it keeps things vital and encourages new bands. Maybe nows a good time to get my blue monday photos developed.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

Quote Originally Posted by straightXed
    Good bands don't stick around too long, it keeps things vital and encourages new bands. Maybe nows a good time to get my blue monday photos developed.
    true, but it always feels bad when a sincere and true band like this bows out.
    you haven't gone digital yet?

true, but it always feels bad when a sincere and true band like this bows out.
    you haven't gone digital yet?
    Yeah, it never feels bad to me, it feels like i'm part of something that is moving and not stagnating. Its like finishing a good book or watching a good film, it comes to an end with a sense of completion in relation to what they set out to do. Sometimes the end comes a little soon but it usually makes sense and so often it means new bands built from the remants. Perhaps i just see the situation as positve and vital instead of mourning times that never existed - i mean if they feel like calling it day anything other than that would go on to be less sincere and true, the act of bowing out becomes a sincere and true act.

I have a cheapo sony digi cam but i haven't forked out on a digital SLR generally because i have to look for a camera with a shooting speed of 5.5fps minimum and that tends to keep them a little pricey at the moment.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

Yeah, it never feels bad to me, it feels like i'm part of something that is moving and not stagnating. Its like finishing a good book or watching a good film, it comes to an end with a sense of completion in relation to what they set out to do. Sometimes the end comes a little soon but it usually makes sense and so often it means new bands built from the remants. Perhaps i just see the situation as positve and vital instead of mourning times that never existed - i mean if they feel like calling it day anything other than that would go on to be less sincere and true, the act of bowing out becomes a sincere and true act.
    i agree with the above, but it would be cool if they could be around for more.

I have a cheapo sony digi cam but i haven't forked out on a digital SLR generally because i have to look for a camera with a shooting speed of 5.5fps minimum and that tends to keep them a little pricey at the moment.
    i see.

Death: Stealer of Pie atXdawnXweXburn's Avatar
    dude, thats like the ultimate in sucktitude
    I will not carry a gun, Frank. When I got thrown into this war I had a clear understanding with the Pentagon: no guns. I'll carry your books, I'll carry a torch, I'll carry a tune, I'll carry on, carry over, carry forward, Cary Grant, cash and carry, carry me back to Old Virginia, I'll even "hari-kari" if you show me how, but I will not carry a gun!

Any mp3's?
    You will be different, sometimes you'll feel like an outcast, but you'll never be alone. You will make my strength your own. You will see my life through your eyes, as your life will be seen through mine. The son becomes the father and the father becomes the son.

This scene isXkillingXusX XshiXnyX's Avatar
    I guess its good that im seeing them on friday then....
    Supporting the So-Cal Straight-edge scene since before your momma was born...

Can we start again
    Go back to what it meant back then
    Open minds and open hearts
    The things that set us apart
    Was it more than words
    And do they still apply
    And do you still believe
    Well so do I

"Can we start again"-Bane

Quote Originally Posted by XshiXnyX
    I guess its good that im seeing them on friday then....
    wow, good for you

This scene isXkillingXusX XshiXnyX's Avatar
    wow, good for you
    yes, yes it is.

I think its the 108 reunion tour =O
    Supporting the So-Cal Straight-edge scene since before your momma was born...

Can we start again
    Go back to what it meant back then
    Open minds and open hearts
    The things that set us apart
    Was it more than words
    And do they still apply
    And do you still believe
    Well so do I

"Can we start again"-Bane

I dropped something xdaddydaycorex's Avatar

the 5D is rapidly dropping it's current price. right now they are selling it at 300 to 400 dollars off it's original price. also check your local cannon distributor because they usually have a few times a year where cannon pays the sales tax ( do you even pay sales tax there?). by summer it should be about the current price of the 20D. i'm hoping to have one by the end of summer.

Thread Information