Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Can You Be Christian And Straight Edge?

AllAmericanStreetFighter
    Crossville,TN-Home of Rednecks and Methamphetamine

Exclamation Can You Be Christian And Straight Edge?

Ok, so already I've been hearing some controversy...So what do you guys think? Can you be sXe and Christian?
    I Had A Dream That I Was Dancing With Terri Schiavo While Stevie Wonder Watched From Afar....

attilla's greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreat grandhun SgtD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by collin
    Ok, so already I've been hearing some controversy...So what do you guys think? Can you be sXe and Christian?
    you can't. but i've already showed you a link on that.

AllAmericanStreetFighter
    yeah but all i got from that link was that there's a lot of dispute about it. why should sXe people exclude God? If that's their belief, then why should they change it? sXe should be open to more people, rather than just excluding some for their beliefs
    I Had A Dream That I Was Dancing With Terri Schiavo While Stevie Wonder Watched From Afar....

yeah but all i got from that link was that there's a lot of dispute about it. why should sXe people exclude God? If that's their belief, then why should they change it? sXe should be open to more people, rather than just excluding some for their beliefs
    sxe is what it is, whether you would like it to be more open for other people or not. you contradict yourself, it's clear as day. i mean, in that case, we should expand it to not include hardcore, so more people could be edge, who hate hardcore, and listen to techno.it's the same with christianity

AllAmericanStreetFighter
    i still don't see how i'm contradicting myself by being both. could you please just explain what you mean?

i still don't see how i'm contradicting myself by being both. could you please just explain what you mean?
    so you didn't read it too closely did you?

1. you say you are sxe. therefore you think drinking is wrong.
    2. you are christian, and think that god is flawless, however jesus drank wine.
    3. jesus drank wine-> he can't be flawless like you say. that's the contradiction

AllAmericanStreetFighter
    1. Jesus drank wine because it was the only drink available, as the water was scarce and polluted.
    2. Jesus didn't drink to get drunk.
    3. Everyone drank wine-there was no other option.

http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    1. Jesus drank wine because it was the only drink available, as the water was scarce and polluted.

well if he was the son of god capable to transform water into wine, he easily could have cleaned or purified the water
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

AllAmericanStreetFighter
    but wine was necessary for the marriage, according to Jewish law. the wedding wouldn't be considered legal without wine to bring the two parties together. the hebrews were very ritualistic and specific when it came to marriage, and other social aspects. Ephesians 5:18- Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit.

if i don't drink beer to get drunk, is that okay?

http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    but wine was necessary for the marriage, according to Jewish law. the wedding wouldn't be considered legal without wine to bring the two parties together. the hebrews were very ritualistic and specific when it came to marriage, and other social aspects. Ephesians 5:18- Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit.

what? jesus got married?!?!?!
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

so, if you don't get drunk on wine, it's okay to drink it?

AllAmericanStreetFighter
    no it's not ok. however, if you live in a place where every source of drink is hazardous except wine, then it's ok, because wine is the only drink that you can have without getting sick. as to whether Jesus was married, i have no idea. there are no Scriptural references to Jesus having a wife, but if he had one, it really wouldn't conflict with any aspects of Christianity.

no it's not ok. however, if you live in a place where every source of drink is hazardous except wine, then it's ok, because wine is the only drink that you can have without getting sick. as to whether Jesus was married, i have no idea. there are no Scriptural references to Jesus having a wife, but if he had one, it really wouldn't conflict with any aspects of Christianity.
    there was though

AllAmericanStreetFighter
    there was what?

Thread Information