Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does sXe mean you're just a scene kid?

AllAmericanStreetFighter
    Crossville,TN-Home of Rednecks and Methamphetamine

Exclamation Does sXe mean you're just a scene kid?

most of the sXe kids i've met so far seem like they're not really into it...just doing it because their friends heard about it and thought it sounded cool. So is it a good thing that Straight-Edge is becoming more and more known by the majority? Or is it bad that most people think of it as just a fad?

attilla's greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreat grandhun SgtD's Avatar
    i don't even know what the fuck does "scene kid" mean! is that sayin a new fad?
    how can you see other kids not really into it? are you a mind reader or what?
    as for straigt edge getting more known, i personally don't see that. some people will break their edge, and as far as i see it, kids who are so proud o being edge break edge more often. that's just my personal experience though
    You want to drink till you can't see
    You want to latch on for sympathy
    You want to fight with people you know
    You want to go where the assholes go

Do what you want but don't you do it to me

AllAmericanStreetFighter
    scene kid- somebody who joins a fad because it is a fad. They actually said they weren't into it. I'm with you, man. I just hate to see people fuck things up for themselves, when they could do so much better for themselves. All my friends, man. They just don't get it, that they don't need drugs or alcohol, and now they're either dead, burned out, or just really depressed. it gets me down...

Quote Originally Posted by collin
    scene kid- somebody who joins a fad because it is a fad.
    this scene kid thing just seems stupid to me. i would identify someone as "scene" who is down with the scene, and does soemthing for it.

They actually said they weren't into it. I'm with you, man. I just hate to see people fuck things up for themselves, when they could do so much better for themselves. All my friends, man. They just don't get it, that they don't need drugs or alcohol, and now they're either dead, burned out, or just really depressed. it gets me down...
    so they weren't into it, or sold out? i don't really see through what you say here
    there will always be people jumping the bandwagon.
    you can still help your friends to realize that drugs are no good.

AllAmericanStreetFighter
    they said they were sXe, but then when we started talking about it, they didn't really know what it was, they just knew it was popular. And i'm working on my friends. It just kills me to know that there are so many people out there who are throwing their lives away for a moment of fake pleasure.
    I Had A Dream That I Was Dancing With Terri Schiavo While Stevie Wonder Watched From Afar....

AllAmericanStreetFighter
    I wish everybody could just realize that you can be happy without chemical-induced euphoria....
    I Had A Dream That I Was Dancing With Terri Schiavo While Stevie Wonder Watched From Afar....

Quote Originally Posted by SgtD
    i don't even know what the fuck does "scene kid" mean!
    Where I live scene kids are considered to be the ones who wear the girls pants, tight shirts, and spend about an hour a day doing their hair. They usually hang around shows just to be there. Then a big thing starts up between them on who is scene and who isn't, and they judge each other to a point of fighting one another. Most of them are around 14 - 18 and live on myspace.

Theres thats how my friend explained what they are.

Actually I've seen alot of these "scene" girls go sxe just to get the attention of the actual sxe guys, and once they do that they go around saying how such and such arnt edge. Then two weeks later when the relationship is over they're getting high.

Sad to say but trends and labels seem to own(sorry pwn or whatever) people. One of my friends told me how two kids stopped being friends just because one of them took the other off their top 8 on myspace.

I'm just hoping people will grow out of this thing of throwing insults at one another for the music they listen to and how they look.

AllAmericanStreetFighter
    no kidding. i've kinda started a revolution here in the tiny town of crossville, tennessee. over the summer we've started the underground hardcore scene, but we also help promote anybody who is trying to make it. when there's so few people, discrimination can really ruin things quickly. I listen to just about anything and everything, minus rap, which makes me sad because it portrays African American culture in such a negative way.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightHours
    Where I live scene kids are considered to be the ones who wear the girls pants, tight shirts, and spend about an hour a day doing their hair. They usually hang around shows just to be there. Then a big thing starts up between them on who is scene and who isn't, and they judge each other to a point of fighting one another. Most of them are around 14 - 18 and live on myspace.

Theres thats how my friend explained what they are.

Actually I've seen alot of these "scene" girls go sxe just to get the attention of the actual sxe guys, and once they do that they go around saying how such and such arnt edge. Then two weeks later when the relationship is over they're getting high.

Sad to say but trends and labels seem to own(sorry pwn or whatever) people. One of my friends told me how two kids stopped being friends just because one of them took the other off their top 8 on myspace.

I'm just hoping people will grow out of this thing of throwing insults at one another for the music they listen to and how they look.
    i call these people posers

AllAmericanStreetFighter
    which people? the ones i call scene kids?

which people? the ones i call scene kids?
    yes. i think my quote made it clear

AllAmericanStreetFighter
    yeah. agreed. so do we just accept the posers or try to get rid of them?

yeah. agreed. so do we just accept the posers or try to get rid of them?
    tell me your plan how to get rid of them please. oh wait, that would be discrimination, wouldn't it?

AllAmericanStreetFighter
    yeah it would be...so i guess you would just have to say that if you're not gonna be 100% true to the cause, you should just stay out. that's not descrimination...your band's pretty kick ass, by the way.

I wish everybody could just realize that you can be happy without chemical-induced euphoria....
    I wish everybody could just realize that you can be happy without spending so much time worrying about what personal choices make for themselves...
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

Thread Information