Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Straight Edge; or not straight edge...

Straight Edge; or not straight edge...

Sex, drugs and rock and roll. Or, if your straight edge, just rock and roll. Yeah, rock and roll kicks ass. Sex? Drugs? Well, I do them alot, and I think they just might be ok too. I'm not straight edge. I'm simply bringing a message from...the other side.

There are millions of kids who smoke a little pot on the weekends, have sex maybe threee or four times throughout highschool, or whatever. Some kids are potheads, some are sluts. Whatever. That's life.

Stoners live alot more on the "Edge" than you "Straight Edge" people, their hobby is drugs, not rock and roll. To get their fullfilment they break the law everyday. Oh, well, maybe you listen to really hardcore music, but your not better than stoners who risk jail and fines just to enjoy their hobby.

Marijuana is one of the safest substances known to man. The worst vices are cigarettes and alcohol, and driving cars while drunk. Smoking pot is relatively benign. You should know realize this, because most pot heads are accepting of any group of people, even people as misguided as the straight edge movement.

The "Hardcore" rockers I know all take a huge amount of drugs and drink gallons of booze. I live around Boston. Musicians are inspired by drugs.

All of the music you listen to is influenced by musicians who have used drugs.

Thanks for listening to my opinion. I respect your group, I don't hate you, I'm just different. Thanks for reading.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulT
    Sex, drugs and rock and roll. Or, if your straight edge, just rock and roll. Yeah, rock and roll kicks ass. Sex? Drugs? Well, I do them alot, and I think they just might be ok too. I'm not straight edge. I'm simply bringing a message from...the other side.
    I don't like rock and roll and i obviously don't like drugs, sex isn't a bad thing at all though. What makes you think we need a message from the other side that comes from someone who does drugs. You obviously think they are ok and yoiu are welcome to make your own choices in life, but what do you think your message is going to achieve with a bunch of inteligent people who have come to their own choice on drugs?

There are millions of kids who smoke a little pot on the weekends, have sex maybe threee or four times throughout highschool, or whatever. Some kids are potheads, some are sluts. Whatever. That's life.
    Yeah thats life, i hope they enjoy smoking weed, whats it got to do with people who don't want to smoke weed?

Stoners live alot more on the "Edge" than you "Straight Edge" people, their hobby is drugs, not rock and roll. To get their fullfilment they break the law everyday. Oh, well, maybe you listen to really hardcore music, but your not better than stoners who risk jail and fines just to enjoy their hobby.
    But i am better, theres nothing good about breaking the law and as i can enjoy my time without breaking the law it makes me a better citizen. Also risking time in jail to smoke a weed just as a hobby seems a bit stupid. If that opinion upsets you please remember that this is a website made up of people who don't support drugs and that is actually a polite response. So listening to hardcore doesn't make us better but rational thought and living within the law does.

Marijuana is one of the safest substances known to man. The worst vices are cigarettes and alcohol, and driving cars while drunk. Smoking pot is relatively benign. You should know realize this, because most pot heads are accepting of any group of people, even people as misguided as the straight edge movement.
    Marijuana isn't anywhere near the safest substance known to man, but in drug terms it doesn't rank that highly. You are obviously someone who champions marijuana, thats great but this is not really the sort of place to champion it. Pot heads aren't all accepting and many really do not accept straightedge people, however pot heads are usually misguided so that explains that.

The "Hardcore" rockers I know all take a huge amount of drugs and drink gallons of booze. I live around Boston. Musicians are inspired by drugs.

If you look more into the history of hardcore you will realise that it was less about influence and more about reaction. Musicians are inspired by all kinds of things, like war, school shootings, suicide, flowers, rape, nature, society, politics, dog shit, movies, other music, conspiracy theorys, positive change, sports, attitudes, friendships, love, news articles etc. Point being where one artists draws an inspiration doesn't automatically transcend to the next artist. I once made a painting and i drew some inspiration from a painting of a sunset landscape from a by gone era, i only looked at the way two colours mixed and set each other off (it was a deep magenta and a really sharp yellow), but i had no interest in the landscape or the sunset.

Thanks for listening to my opinion. I respect your group, I don't hate you, I'm just different. Thanks for reading.
    I don't hate you either and hopefully you will realise that opinions held here will go against yours and that in itself doesn't equate to hate.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    Marijuana is one of the safest substances known to man. The worst vices are cigarettes and alcohol, and driving cars while drunk.
    try driving cars when you're stoned

so?
    the hardcore rockers that i know dont take 'em, so we're even

maybe, but that doesnt mean that we al should do that. humanity has been influenced by many things, including killing, alienation, racism, the sex pistols... but that doesnt make 'em correct

you're welcome. i dont hate you and i dont think im better than you because you do drugs so this statement
    your not better than stoners who risk jail and fines just to enjoy their hobby.
    doesnt make sense... to me at least
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

the other side is the vast majority of the world, so you really think we need to know about it? Especially since most people who are edge have smoked, drank and did drugs in the past?

and that's why you're wasting your time.

the edge part of straight edge means advantage, as in I've got the straight edge. I don't see how doing anything over risking jail and fines wouldn't make someone better than someone that doesn't?

how is marijuana any safer than tobacco? People as misguided as the straight edge movement? How exactly are we misguided?

what "hardcore" rockers do you know? So you're friends with Mental and Righteous Jams? And all the Bridge 9 guys?

only in the sense that all music is influenced by other music. All of the music you listen to is also influenced by musicians who haven't used drugs. OH SHIT.

you respect our group but refer to us as misguided?

Other people have come "from the other side" and gave us similar posts. What exactly do you expect to achieve ? We made our choices, you made yours....
    Music
    ~ The voice of the world ~

i do think it's fuckin' stupid to think that breaking the law coz u do drugs makes you better than someone.
    "more than a music,it's a way of life"
    Warm Spit:Punk Hardcore old school from besancon city![/COLOR]

weather or weather not you choose to do drugs is your business. and so I am going to bring a message from this side. Yes Alcohol is bad but worse than Pot no. It alters your mind in the same way. If you want one day. Drive drunk and another Drive stoned. and see on which day you will be a better driver. And I don't give a fuck if stoners risk getting put in jail everyday so they can try and escape their problems by smoking a joint. if they BREAK THE LAW I don't care if marijuna is a natural or safe substance (which it is not) THEY SHOULD SPEND TIME IN PRISON! so don't come and tell me that my beliefs are off line. When yours involve breaking laws and potentially hurting other individuals.
    Denial is a river in Egypt.

xXx One Sick Puppy xXx stepinsideissue's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xbustedx
    weather or weather not you choose to do drugs is your business. and so I am going to bring a message from this side. Yes Alcohol is bad but worse than Pot no. It alters your mind in the same way. If you want one day. Drive drunk and another Drive stoned. and see on which day you will be a better driver. And I don't give a fuck if stoners risk getting put in jail everyday so they can try and escape their problems by smoking a joint. if they BREAK THE LAW I don't care if marijuna is a natural or safe substance (which it is not) THEY SHOULD SPEND TIME IN PRISON! so don't come and tell me that my beliefs are off line. When yours involve breaking laws and potentially hurting other individuals.

So EVERY drug user should spend time in prison? Don't you think that American prisons are over populated with drug offenders instead of the people that really deserve to be there?
    This so called shit is what I live for. It's why I'm alive. I'll never smother the fire forever burning inside.

I'm at the point where I'm sucked in. By the message I get this passion.

The fury is mine. It keeps me alive. I can't breathe till I release what's inside.

how is marijuana not safe?

Quote Originally Posted by stepinsideissue
    So EVERY drug user should spend time in prison? Don't you think that American prisons are over populated with drug offenders instead of the people that really deserve to be there?
    yes. in my opinion every single person that does drugs should be put in prison.And maybe the prisons are filled to the brink, and that is what makes what I said an inprobablility. But if you break the law you should spend time in prison or should have a consequence that is equal to your crime. And by people that "deserve" to be there who are you refering to? Muderers? Rapists? they desrerve to be in prison yes. but so do people that break ANY other law. and its not like they are going to give a spot in prison to somebody that was busted for smoking a joint over somebody who killed someone or raped someone.
    Last edited by xbustedx; 01-29-2006 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xsecx
    how is marijuana not safe?
    for the same reasons and ONLY to the extent that alcohol is not safe in certain circumstances.

for the same reasons and ONLY to the extent that alcohol is not safe in certain circumstances.
    well no. alcohol consumption has a shitload of side effects on the body and regular usage has negative effects, the same isn't said for marijuana. So if you're whole thing is that it's not safe to smoke dope and drive translates to it not being safe, that's not quite true.

Quote Originally Posted by xsecx
    well no. alcohol consumption has a shitload of side effects on the body and regular usage has negative effects, the same isn't said for marijuana. So if you're whole thing is that it's not safe to smoke dope and drive translates to it not being safe, that's not quite true.

okay the way I mean to use safety was safety towards others (sorry for the confusion) I wasn't talking about the safety of the person smoking or drinking.

xXx One Sick Puppy xXx stepinsideissue's Avatar
    yes. in my opinion every single person that does drugs should be put in prison.And maybe the prisons are filled to the brink, and that is what makes what I said an inprobablility. But if you break the law you should spend time in prison or should have a consequence that is equal to your crime. And by people that "deserve" to be there who are you refering to? Muderers? Rapists? they desrerve to be in prison yes. but so do people that break ANY other law. and its not like they are going to give a spot in prison to somebody that was busted for smoking a joint over somebody who killed someone or raped someone.

What about the addicts that can't control themselves. Why not an institutionalized rehab instead of prison.
    This so called shit is what I live for. It's why I'm alive. I'll never smother the fire forever burning inside.

I'm at the point where I'm sucked in. By the message I get this passion.

The fury is mine. It keeps me alive. I can't breathe till I release what's inside.

Quote Originally Posted by stepinsideissue
    What about the addicts that can't control themselves. Why not an institutionalized rehab instead of prison.

actually many of them DO get put in an institution instead of prison.

Thread Information