Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hand X's

Hand X's

Yesterday, I was bored during Biology, so I drew X's on both of my hands, as we both know, that's what they do in clubs and shows to show that you're underage, and a symbol of straight-edge. But, everyone was like, "Did you go clubbing?! You're not old enough!" and "What are the X's for?" and "Did you go to a show?" and everything like that and it was annoying, and I didn't feel like explaining what straight-edge was about since I'm about the only edge person in my school, and it's kind of awkward being the only person with the X's. Are the X's like something a straight-edge person does outside of going to shows and stuff, or do you just get X'd up in shows? And is it kind of like a "rule" or "guideline" for a person to have X's on their hands if it's straight-edge? I haven't found this covered in any other topics.
    Last edited by Alex; 11-16-2005 at 09:20 AM.
    "I'm a person just like you, but I have better things to do than sit around and f*** my head, hang out with the living dead, snort white sh*t up my nose, pass out at the shows. I don't even think about speed, that's just something I don't need. I'VE GOT THE STRAIGHT EDGE."

-Ian MacKaye, Minor Threat

Gravyism for LIFE!

xXx One Sick Puppy xXx stepinsideissue's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    Yesterday, I was bored during Biology, so I drew X's on both of my hands, as we both know, that's what they do in clubs and shows to show that you're underage, and a symbol of straight-edge. But, everyone was like, "Did you go clubbing?! You're not old enough!" and "What are the X's for?" and "Did you go to a show?" and everything like that and it was annoying, and I didn't feel like explaining what straight-edge was about since I'm about the only edge person in my school, and it's kind of awkward being the only person with the X's. Are the X's like something a straight-edge person does outside of going to shows and stuff, or are they just in schools? And is it kind of like a "rule" or "guideline" for a person to have X's on their hands if it's straight-edge? I haven't found this covered in any other topics.

That's totally up to you. I personally try to any time I'm out of the house reguardless unless I'm at work. And I am old enough. I know people that are sXe that have never X'd up. Does it make them less edge. I don't think so. I do because I want people to ask me why I did it and what it's all about.

See here is me and my family at my wifes church play about 2 yrs. ago. Look at that big fat X. xXx

Last edited by stepinsideissue; 11-16-2005 at 12:40 AM.
    This so called shit is what I live for. It's why I'm alive. I'll never smother the fire forever burning inside.

I'm at the point where I'm sucked in. By the message I get this passion.

The fury is mine. It keeps me alive. I can't breathe till I release what's inside.

attilla's greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreat grandhun SgtD's Avatar
    i think it's wrong, you should only x up for shows, that's where it belongs to.
    less edge? you're sxe, or you're not sxe, there's no other option.

I think X-ing up outside of shows is pretty stupid, and kind of takes the whole thing out of context.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

So you guys only want people to know you're sXe at shows?
    This so called shit is what I live for. It's why I'm alive. I'll never smother the fire forever burning inside.

The fury is mine. It keeps me alive. I can't breathe till I release what's inside.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtD
    i think it's wrong, you should only x up for shows, that's where it belongs to.
    less edge? you're sxe, or you're not sxe, there's no other option.

You're sXe or you're not sXe, there's no other option. True words were never spoken. I

Quote Originally Posted by stepinsideissue
    So you guys only want people to know you're sXe at shows?
    It doesn't really have much relevence outside of the hardcore scene, its not that i don't want them to know i'm straightedge but x-ing up is relevent to shows not relevent to grocery shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by straightXed
    It doesn't really have much relevence outside of the hardcore scene, its not that i don't want them to know i'm straightedge but x-ing up is relevent to shows not relevent to grocery shopping.

Yes it's only really relevent at shows but why call it stupid if it's done outside of shows.

Yes it's only really relevent at shows but why call it stupid if it's done outside of shows.

Because its irrelevent, and stupid.

Because its irrelevent, and stupid.

Stupid to you.

Stupid to you.

Isn't that what my original post said, that i think its stupid?!

i wear my Xs all the time. people at my school dont know jack about edge, but they ask questions, and cuz of that i've "converted" a few people to bein edge. Xs out side the shows spread influence! its a great idea to wear them outside shows

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Prophet
    i wear my Xs all the time. people at my school dont know jack about edge, but they ask questions, and cuz of that i've "converted" a few people to bein edge. Xs out side the shows spread influence! its a great idea to wear them outside shows
    Tell me more about this conversion.

Tell me more about this conversion.
    Well, obviously people would be willing to give up drugs and booze if they knew they could wear x's around on their hands all of the time.
    I think I'm on to something here. This is pure snow, it's everywhere. Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?

Quote Originally Posted by kelly
    Well, obviously people would be willing to give up drugs and booze if they knew they could wear x's around on their hands all of the time.
    ha ha very funny.... but theres a lot of hardcore kids that are looking for something better, straight edge seems to give it to them

Thread Information