Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 72

Thread: I invented straight edge.

  1. #1
    freeze, sucka-bitch!
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    austin, tx
    Posts
    574

    shite and flash

    alright.
    i'm just going to say this once and leave it at that. i am not going to reply to a reply to this.
    know why? cause it's fucking stupid to argue about. "straightedge" was started by minor threat. fine. i do not listen to minor threat. and as far as i am concerned, i invented straightedge.. because i never even heard the term until i was 19 or 20 -- but ALL my life i have ALWAYS been against any form of drug use and promiscuous sex and unethical actions in general.. and i am not a christian nor was i raised to believe these things. they just made sense to me - common sense. so - fuck all of you who think that the label "sXe" is only for those who listen to the music and in the scene. tell me, what the hell was i for the first 20 years of my life if i wasn't straightedge? i am fucking hard-core in that i have held my conviction my entire life and never shyed away from it. i am 27 now- for those of you who care. being sXe means just that. your conviction on the matter.. not the music not the other sxers not anything else but what you are and what you SINCERELY feel about the philosophy behing straightedge "don't drink, don't smoke, don't fuck!" alright. and for ALL of you who disagree with this and think "oh, well.. you're not really straightedge cause you dont listen to the music and you dont go to shows and you dont put x's on your hands and walk around preaching down people's throat that you're better than them.. and .. umm.. yeah." that's how fucking stupid you all sound. you sound like goddamn bible-thumping-fascist-pigs that want things their way or no way. YOU SOUND LIKE GEORGE FUCKING W BUSH! so shut the fuck up and embrace each other for being sxe! you're not better than me - i'm not better than you - we're all sxe here.. so what the fuck are you complaining about?
    peace out.
    there was never a genius without a tincture of insanity.

  2. #2
    Duchess of Adventures xvunderx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    3,614
    Quote Originally Posted by drughate_vegan
    tell me, what the hell was i for the first 20 years of my life if i wasn't straightedge?
    An ethical drug free person. SXE is a subculture, anything out side of that is drug free.

  3. #3
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,367
    Quote Originally Posted by drughate_vegan
    alright.
    i'm just going to say this once and leave it at that. i am not going to reply to a reply to this.
    know why? cause it's fucking stupid to argue about.
    I've never understood the point of people making these kinds of statements. You later here talk about how you're no better than anyone here, yet believe that you are somehow in a position to make statements but not actually discuss them, as if you're some sort of authority. So if you really want it this way, I can delete you as a user, since you don't really serve much purpose here if you're not going to discuss, on a discussion board.

    "straightedge" was started by minor threat. fine. i do not listen to minor threat. and as far as i am concerned, i invented straightedge.. because i never even heard the term until i was 19 or 20 -- but ALL my life i have ALWAYS been against any form of drug use and promiscuous sex and unethical actions in general.. and i am not a christian nor was i raised to believe these things. they just made sense to me - common sense. so - fuck all of you who think that the label "sXe" is only for those who listen to the music and in the scene. tell me, what the hell was i for the first 20 years of my life if i wasn't straightedge?
    You were a drug free person who didn't have promiscuous sex. You're somehow trying to say that the ONLY thing that matters and what makes one straight edge is beliefs. How do you know that those beliefs make one straight edge? What is your source for knowing this? How was straight edge spread, and maintained until now? What are you basing your opinion that straight edge is against promiscuous sex?

    i am fucking hard-core in that i have held my conviction my entire life and never shyed away from it. i am 27 now- for those of you who care. being sXe means just that. your conviction on the matter.. not the music not the other sxers not anything else but what you are and what you SINCERELY feel about the philosophy behing straightedge "don't drink, don't smoke, don't fuck!" alright. and for ALL of you who disagree with this and think "oh, well.. you're not really straightedge cause you dont listen to the music and you dont go to shows and you dont put x's on your hands and walk around preaching down people's throat that you're better than them.. and .. umm.. yeah." that's how fucking stupid you all sound. you sound like goddamn bible-thumping-fascist-pigs that want things their way or no way. YOU SOUND LIKE GEORGE FUCKING W BUSH! so shut the fuck up and embrace each other for being sxe! you're not better than me - i'm not better than you - we're all sxe here.. so what the fuck are you complaining about?
    peace out.
    What makes straight edge unique? If the music doesn't matter, then why are there so many straight edge bands? If the internet didn't exist, how would you meet straight edge people?

    Do you know how stupid you sound? "Hi, I'm not really interested in what makes someone straight edge, I don't do drugs, or have casual sex. I don't actually really know that much about the literal details of everything, or even the history, but I'm going to tell you all what it means to be straight edge". Being straight edge isn't a just philosophy. It's a living breathing subculture. You're only fixated and understanding one part of it, without having any understanding of where it came from or why it's here. Straight edge has a definition, like it or not. It isn't elitist or fascist (why do you kids like throwing around a word you really don't understand is lost on me) to compare something to a definition. If someone said that they were straight edge, but smoked and drank, what would you say? How is this any different?

  4. #4
    attilla's greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreat grandhun SgtD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    6,750
    Holy fuck on the rooftop Batman!
    You want to drink till you can't see
    You want to latch on for sympathy
    You want to fight with people you know
    You want to go where the assholes go

    Do what you want but don't you do it to me

  5. #5
    freeze, sucka-bitch!
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    austin, tx
    Posts
    574
    so i had to breathe.
    alright xsecx - what you said about being 'no better than you or i and me not responding makes me no use to the venue here' that's true and makes sense - so, i appologize.
    i have a deep passion for people to be drug-free, promiscuous sex-free -- and live life truthfully for themselves. and that's what i see sXe as. we all have our own definition of sXe, obviously. just as we all have our own definitions of everything in life-- and refering to another point posted before -- that is what makes everything correct for the individual.
    all i ask is for you to open up and listen. maybe agree with someone for once instead of criticizing everyone's every word. it's annoying and it pushes people away from this forum. and i am only speaking in my own behalf.
    that's that.
    there was never a genius without a tincture of insanity.

  6. #6
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,367
    Quote Originally Posted by drughate_vegan
    so i had to breathe.
    alright xsecx - what you said about being 'no better than you or i and me not responding makes me no use to the venue here' that's true and makes sense - so, i appologize.
    i have a deep passion for people to be drug-free, promiscuous sex-free -- and live life truthfully for themselves. and that's what i see sXe as. we all have our own definition of sXe, obviously. just as we all have our own definitions of everything in life-- and refering to another point posted before -- that is what makes everything correct for the individual.
    all i ask is for you to open up and listen. maybe agree with someone for once instead of criticizing everyone's every word. it's annoying and it pushes people away from this forum. and i am only speaking in my own behalf.
    that's that.
    Yeah, but see, that's the problem that I and most people here have, people trying to delude what straight edge actually is. It's a vehicle for a drug free message delivered by hardcore. It has a long and rich history, that you and people like you are discarding because it doesn't suit or fit your need. You're making statements about a subculture, that by your own admittion you have limited to no contact with. Being straight edge without a deep involvement in what makes it unique and special means you're only getting half the picture. Being drug free is awesome, and it's something I encourage everyone who wants to do it, to do it. However, being drug free and being straight edge, they aren't the same. You've attached and coopted a label that doesn't really accurately describe who you are. Sure it describes your drug free stance, but not everything else that comes along with it.

  7. #7
    freeze, sucka-bitch!
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    austin, tx
    Posts
    574

    malorant

    Quote Originally Posted by xsecx
    Yeah, but see, that's the problem that I and most people here have, people trying to delude what straight edge actually is. It's a vehicle for a drug free message delivered by hardcore. It has a long and rich history, that you and people like you are discarding because it doesn't suit or fit your need. You're making statements about a subculture, that by your own admittion you have limited to no contact with. Being straight edge without a deep involvement in what makes it unique and special means you're only getting half the picture. Being drug free is awesome, and it's something I encourage everyone who wants to do it, to do it. However, being drug free and being straight edge, they aren't the same. You've attached and coopted a label that doesn't really accurately describe who you are. Sure it describes your drug free stance, but not everything else that comes along with it.
    well.. i see that point and i respect the music. . why wouldn't i? but just like in all societies - people have different desires of different avenues in their lives. and i understand that the music, as you say, is what begat sXe. but like buddha, i'm just taking a branch off of what the basis seemed to be the 'origin' of movement, i suppose. not straightedge - more like malorant.
    there was never a genius without a tincture of insanity.

  8. #8
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,367
    Quote Originally Posted by drughate_vegan
    well.. i see that point and i respect the music. . why wouldn't i? but just like in all societies - people have different desires of different avenues in their lives. and i understand that the music, as you say, is what begat sXe. but like buddha, i'm just taking a branch off of what the basis seemed to be the 'origin' of movement, i suppose. not straightedge - more like malorant.
    then you're changing it, and being something new, and therefore not straight edge. To call yourself straight edge, without actually actively participating in the very much still alive and unchanged subculture, just doesn't make sense and isn't accurate.

  9. #9
    freeze, sucka-bitch!
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    austin, tx
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by xsecx
    then you're changing it, and being something new, and therefore not straight edge. To call yourself straight edge, without actually actively participating in the very much still alive and unchanged subculture, just doesn't make sense and isn't accurate.
    that's fine. i am who i am - and i'm not going to let anyone bring me down.
    it's all a part of me no matter what.. no matter what label you slap.
    peace.
    Last edited by drughate_vegan; 08-19-2005 at 12:06 PM. Reason: to add more
    there was never a genius without a tincture of insanity.

  10. #10
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,367
    Quote Originally Posted by drughate_vegan
    that's fine. i am who i am - and i'm not going to let anyone bring me down.
    peace.
    so why would you call yourself a label that doesn't fit?

  11. #11
    freeze, sucka-bitch!
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    austin, tx
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by xsecx
    so why would you call yourself a label that doesn't fit?
    it fits to me and everything i explained. that's - again - why it is correct for me and that's what matters. it matters to the individual what makes sense to them - and not have to hold up to a label. i dont have to dance your dance to be sXe or listen to your music to be sXe.. i can just be me. and that's what i'm gonna do.
    there was never a genius without a tincture of insanity.

  12. #12
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,367
    Quote Originally Posted by drughate_vegan
    it fits to me and everything i explained. that's - again - why it is correct for me and that's what matters. it matters to the individual what makes sense to them - and not have to hold up to a label. i dont have to dance your dance to be sXe or listen to your music to be sXe.. i can just be me. and that's what i'm gonna do.
    well, no. You could call yourself a cow, and it still wouldn't make you one. You calling yourself straight edge, isn't correct or accurate. You've clearly demonstrated that by your own words you don't even have a working understanding of the subculture or anything else, and simply like the term. You keep talking about how straight edge is against casual sex, yet I'm sure you couldn't tell me why you think this. Or point to examples within straight edge to support it. And by examples I mean actual reflections of the straight edge mindset and not a series of misinformed websites. Explain to me how straight edge ceases to be a subculture and turns into a personal term for you to use as you see fit?

  13. #13
    freeze, sucka-bitch!
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    austin, tx
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by xsecx
    well, no. You could call yourself a cow, and it still wouldn't make you one. You calling yourself straight edge, isn't correct or accurate. You've clearly demonstrated that by your own words you don't even have a working understanding of the subculture or anything else, and simply like the term. You keep talking about how straight edge is against casual sex, yet I'm sure you couldn't tell me why you think this. Or point to examples within straight edge to support it. And by examples I mean actual reflections of the straight edge mindset and not a series of misinformed websites. Explain to me how straight edge ceases to be a subculture and turns into a personal term for you to use as you see fit?
    i don't need to point to any reference to prove i am who i am. it's me. let's use casual sex as an example, since you brought it up. to undermine and degrade ones self to submit to the sickness of promiscuity is to aid and feed the psychological weakness of affectionate desire. in that, humans are weak, in general. and a lot of people long to be touched in society. especially america.. we are overly touch-deprived. we see touching as a sexual contact - and that is a devistational illusion. people yearn to be touched because of various reasons throughout their lives - maybe the parents never showed affection - maybe they were always picked on and never embraced by friends.. who knows..
    and that casual circumstance of sex - or kissing - or holding hands - or whatever-- is a calling to be wanted. and that isn't from any text book or any web site -- or from your straightedge subculture. it comes from within me to believe that to be true.. therefore, it is.
    there was never a genius without a tincture of insanity.

  14. #14
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,367
    Quote Originally Posted by drughate_vegan
    i don't need to point to any reference to prove i am who i am. it's me. let's use casual sex as an example, since you brought it up. to undermine and degrade ones self to submit to the sickness of promiscuity is to aid and feed the psychological weakness of affectionate desire. in that, humans are weak, in general. and a lot of people long to be touched in society. especially america.. we are overly touch-deprived. we see touching as a sexual contact - and that is a devistational illusion. people yearn to be touched because of various reasons throughout their lives - maybe the parents never showed affection - maybe they were always picked on and never embraced by friends.. who knows..
    and that casual circumstance of sex - or kissing - or holding hands - or whatever-- is a calling to be wanted. and that isn't from any text book or any web site -- or from your straightedge subculture. it comes from within me to believe that to be true.. therefore, it is.
    Yeah, i didn't ask why it was bad, I asked why it was related to straight edge. Where you came to conclusion of what makes someone or something straight edge or not, a term that you didn't coin and a subculture that you don't actually participate in.

  15. #15
    freeze, sucka-bitch!
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    austin, tx
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by xsecx
    Yeah, i didn't ask why it was bad, I asked why it was related to straight edge. Where you came to conclusion of what makes someone or something straight edge or not, a term that you didn't coin and a subculture that you don't actually participate in.
    ahh.. well, i've listened to minor threat to hear what they had to say. i dont dig the music, but i do dig the meaning. i know that might not make sense to you - but it is the way it is. so, i took noones word for what sxe was/is - i listened for myself.
    there was never a genius without a tincture of insanity.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. what does the straight edge mean to u?
    By solitary echo in forum Questions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-18-2009, 03:08 PM
  2. Is this not Straight Edge?
    By BornAgainVirginDrugs in forum Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-17-2007, 04:41 PM
  3. straight edge
    By im_not_sxe77 in forum Commentary
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 03-02-2005, 04:54 PM
  4. What Does Straight Edge Mean To you
    By ToR-MoD in forum Questions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-26-2004, 11:08 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •