Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 87

Thread: attn kids

  1. #46
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    portsmouth uk
    Posts
    201
    i hate it whaen popele have huge hangovers and then say
    im goin sxe tomorow.
    you deal with the hangover is what i say or stop using sxe as and excuse to give up drinking

  2. #47
    Registered User NorskVegan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by hxcsxe
    good point man ur are right
    ppl are sxe for so many different reason
    h20 lead sing is sxe because his body has dad reactions to drink and drugs and he wants drink but its his 2nd choice
    How can you be sXe and want to drink? Isn't that like being Christian but wanting to worship Satan?

  3. #48
    Registered User hardcoretta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Veracruz, Mexico.
    Posts
    140
    I think you have to feel the edge. And you won't feel it if you have never tried alcohol or some drugs.

  4. #49
    ..... straightXed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    12,530
    Quote Originally Posted by hardcoretta
    I think you have to feel the edge. And you won't feel it if you have never tried alcohol or some drugs.
    But the feeling of edge is not wanting to drink or do drugs so why would you need to do them to feel that? Its quite easy to have no inclination to drink or do drugs without ever touching them. For me needing to try them for comformation is only for people who are doubtful about the stance and not everyone is doubtful. Its like i have no doubt that i don't want to be involved in white power movements, i don't need to try it to be sure.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

  5. #50
    Registered User hardcoretta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Veracruz, Mexico.
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by straightXed
    But the feeling of edge is not wanting to drink or do drugs so why would you need to do them to feel that? Its quite easy to have no inclination to drink or do drugs without ever touching them. For me needing to try them for comformation is only for people who are doubtful about the stance and not everyone is doubtful. Its like i have no doubt that i don't want to be involved in white power movements, i don't need to try it to be sure.

    Well yes, i know that lots of sxe's haven't tried that. But i mean like, if you have been drunk or highed (is that how you call it┐) then you became sxe and you are sure that you don't want to try it anymore.

    Or it's like when you haven't try some food, like i don't know, tomatoes for example, you say "no i don't like that, i'll never eat them" but then someday you try it just because and you may love it. So if you have tried tomatoes before, and you didn't like, you can say well i don't like them, i dont want to eat them never ever more, and you are sure that you wont, because you have tried them and you didnt like.

    But of course it's not necessarily.

  6. #51
    http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,786
    Quote Originally Posted by hardcoretta
    Well yes, i know that lots of sxe's haven't tried that. But i mean like, if you have been drunk or highed (is that how you call it┐) then you became sxe and you are sure that you don't want to try it anymore.

    Or it's like when you haven't try some food, like i don't know, tomatoes for example, you say "no i don't like that, i'll never eat them" but then someday you try it just because and you may love it. So if you have tried tomatoes before, and you didn't like, you can say well i don't like them, i dont want to eat them never ever more, and you are sure that you wont, because you have tried them and you didnt like.
    not the same, because to be straight edge is negating the use of drugs, because it has an effect on you. and you dont need to try drugs to know what do drugs do.
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

  7. #52
    ..... straightXed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    12,530
    Quote Originally Posted by hardcoretta
    Well yes, i know that lots of sxe's haven't tried that. But i mean like, if you have been drunk or highed (is that how you call it┐) then you became sxe and you are sure that you don't want to try it anymore.
    Well even if you have tried it you can't be 100% sure that you'll never want to try it again. The choice of becomming straightedge is not made anymore conclusive by trying drink or drugs beforehand, you still make a choice in that instant and are never sure of how you will feel in the future. If you never wanted try drugs or drink and were never curious about it why would you become curious and want to try them? If you had tried them and stopped how can you be sure you will never want to again?

    Quote Originally Posted by hardcoretta
    Or it's like when you haven't try some food, like i don't know, tomatos for example, you say "no i don't like that, i'll never eat them" but then someday you try it just because and you may love it. So if you have tried tomatos before, and you didn't like, you can say well i don't like them, i dont want to eat them never ever more, and you are sure that you wont, because you have tried them and you didnt like.

    But of course it's not necessarily.

    Well what are the reasons for not trying tomatoes? Drink and drugs have numerous negative aspects that make them something worth avoiding, it damages your body, they are poisoness, there are often legal issues, theres the problem of addiction, and of course the effect to many is very undesirable. So its hard to compare it to tomatos, the point is people can feel very very strongly about drugs without needing to do them it doesn't even have to be about the feeling one gets from drugs so you won't ever have to do them to know you won't. You are comparing liking the taste of a tomato to people making a decision based on a lot of factors surrounding drink and drugs. If you were saying these people will never know if they like the feel of being a little high or a little drunk then its true they won't but they can quite easily know they never want to try being high or drunk based on numerous other issues. If tomatos were a tasty fruit that also put you at risk of all the things drugs and drink can then you could compare the two. But like i say you can never be sure of anything, i grew up hating stawberrys and all kinds of berries with little seeds in, i had tried them and hated them, my pallet changes constantly and i try foods that i didn't used to like and find that i now like them. So again on that level your analogy doesn't work as i can never be sure i won't change to like foods i once didn't. Its not such a good bet, i know i never want to fill my veins with heroin (theres a chance albeit very slim i will change my mind one day) and i don't need to try it to have a reason not to do it. Also, this idea would require you to try all drugs to be sure that none of them suited you, this seems rather flawed and makes me wonder how have you come to be straight edge? Have you tried every drug?
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

  8. #53
    Registered User hardcoretta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Veracruz, Mexico.
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by straightXed
    Well even if you have tried it you can't be 100% sure that you'll never want to try it again. The choice of becomming straightedge is not made anymore conclusive by trying drink or drugs beforehand, you still make a choice in that instant and are never sure of how you will feel in the future. If you never wanted try drugs or drink and were never curious about it why would you become curious and want to try them? If you had tried them and stopped how can you be sure you will never want to again?




    Well what are the reasons for not trying tomatoes? Drink and drugs have numerous negative aspects that make them something worth avoiding, it damages your body, they are poisoness, there are often legal issues, theres the problem of addiction, and of course the effect to many is very undesirable. So its hard to compare it to tomatos, the point is people can feel very very strongly about drugs without needing to do them it doesn't even have to be about the feeling one gets from drugs so you won't ever have to do them to know you won't. You are comparing liking the taste of a tomato to people making a decision based on a lot of factors surrounding drink and drugs. If you were saying these people will never know if they like the feel of being a little high or a little drunk then its true they won't but they can quite easily know they never want to try being high or drunk based on numerous other issues. If tomatos were a tasty fruit that also put you at risk of all the things drugs and drink can then you could compare the two. But like i say you can never be sure of anything, i grew up hating stawberrys and all kinds of berries with little seeds in, i had tried them and hated them, my pallet changes constantly and i try foods that i didn't used to like and find that i now like them. So again on that level your analogy doesn't work as i can never be sure i won't change to like foods i once didn't. Its not such a good bet, i know i never want to fill my veins with heroin (theres a chance albeit very slim i will change my mind one day) and i don't need to try it to have a reason not to do it. Also, this idea would require you to try all drugs to be sure that none of them suited you, this seems rather flawed and makes me wonder how have you come to be straight edge? Have you tried every drug?
    I said tomatoes just to say something, i didn't really wanted you to analyze tomatoes and drugs. They'll never be together. But what i'm saying, is that that's the way i feel it. And no, of course I've never tried every drug, but that wasn't what i meant.

    I don't want kids to try every drug so that now they can be sxe, but I THINK that if a kid has tried any drug or alcohol and then he or she becames straight edge, I THINK he or she would feel more conected.

    Is like, how do you know what being happy is┐ You know it, because you've already been sad. Otherwise you wouldn't know how it feels.

  9. #54
    ..... straightXed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    12,530
    Quote Originally Posted by hardcoretta
    I said tomatoes just to say something, i didn't really wanted you to analyze tomatoes and drugs. They'll never be together. But what i'm saying, is that that's the way i feel it. And no, of course I've never tried every drug, but that wasn't what i meant.
    Yeah but the point i raised were why drugs are completely different from tasting tomatoes so you using that analogy misses the point. But if you have never tried every drug how can you know you don't want to. Thats what you were saying, that you need to do something in order to know you don't want to do it and its wrong. Accept it.

    Quote Originally Posted by hardcoretta
    I don't want kids to try every drug so that now they can be sxe, but I THINK that if a kid has tried any drug or alcohol and then he or she becames straight edge, I THINK he or she would feel more conected.
    not really, no. You said you can't feel the edge unless you have done drugs. That statement was wrong. Accept it.

    Quote Originally Posted by hardcoretta
    Is like, how do you know what being happy is┐ You know it, because you've already been sad. Otherwise you wouldn't know how it feels.
    No, if i have been sad that doesn't tell me how happy feels it just tells me how sad feels and thats an even worse annalogy than the tomatoes one. You need to accept that the whole essence of straightedge is no more prominant if you have done drugs, feeling the edge is not connected to trying drink or drugs at all. Accept it.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

  10. #55
    Registered User hardcoretta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Veracruz, Mexico.
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by straightXed
    Yeah but the point i raised were why drugs are completely different from tasting tomatoes so you using that analogy misses the point. But if you have never tried every drug how can you know you don't want to. Thats what you were saying, that you need to do something in order to know you don't want to do it and its wrong. Accept it.
    You'll never accept my way of thinking, am i right┐
    I know i don't want to, because i've tried some from the same group named DRUGS, and i don't want that anymore.
    And sorry about the tomatoes thing, i never thought you would analyze it like that, it was just an stupid example to everybody to see how i think.



    Quote Originally Posted by straightXed
    not really, no. You said you can't feel the edge unless you have done drugs. That statement was wrong. Accept it.
    I've never said that, i said that I THINK that you would feel more connected that's all, not that you wouldn't feel it at all.



    Quote Originally Posted by straightXed
    No, if i have been sad that doesn't tell me how happy feels it just tells me how sad feels and thats an even worse annalogy than the tomatoes one. You need to accept that the whole essence of straightedge is no more prominant if you have done drugs, feeling the edge is not connected to trying drink or drugs at all. Accept it.
    If you have been sad, you know you are sad because you know what happiness is.
    Is like, there's the evil and there's the good. If none of them exist, then you wouldn't know when you're doing something bad and when you're doing something good.

  11. #56
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,368
    Quote Originally Posted by hardcoretta
    If you have been sad, you know you are sad because you know what happiness is.
    Is like, there's the evil and there's the good. If none of them exist, then you wouldn't know when you're doing something bad and when you're doing something good.
    yeah but the main point is that you don't have to do bad things to know they're bad. I don't have to kill someone to know that murder is wrong.

  12. #57
    Registered User hardcoretta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Veracruz, Mexico.
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by xsecx
    yeah but the main point is that you don't have to do bad things to know they're bad. I don't have to kill someone to know that murder is wrong.
    but you don't have to go to the extremes.

  13. #58
    ..... straightXed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    12,530
    Quote Originally Posted by hardcoretta
    You'll never accept my way of thinking, am i right┐
    I know i don't want to, because i've tried some from the same group named DRUGS, and i don't want that anymore.
    And sorry about the tomatoes thing, i never thought you would analyze it like that, it was just an stupid example to everybody to see how i think.
    Of course i will accept your way of thinking if you back it up with a substantial argument with no holes, if i am able to find holes in it then why would i accept it? Furthermore why would you continue to follow that line of thought when it is shown to be flawed? Perhaps you dislike the idea of being wrong or dislike the idea of having it pointed out to you by a complete stranger online but the hope on my part is for you to actually see what is wrong with what you have said and perhaps learn from that.





    Quote Originally Posted by hardcoretta
    I've never said that, i said that I THINK that you would feel more connected that's all, not that you wouldn't feel it at all.

    i'm sorry but you said "I think you have to feel the edge. And you won't feel it if you have never tried alcohol or some drugs." Thats a direct quote of what you said and it says quite clearly that you won't feel the edge unless you have done some drink or drugs. Perhaps we should mark this up to english being your second language but you definitely have said it won't be felt by people who have not done any drugs.







    Quote Originally Posted by hardcoretta
    If you have been sad, you know you are sad because you know what happiness is.
    I only know happiness is happiness and that sadness is sadness, if i was happy i don't automatically know what sadness is. And either way it has nothing to do with needing to know what drugs are like to know you don't want to do them. Again look at the multitude of reasons to not do drugs before even getting near them.


    Quote Originally Posted by hardcoretta
    Is like, there's the evil and there's the good. If none of them exist, then you wouldn't know when you're doing something bad and when you're doing something good.
    And what is your point? Good and evil can be very subjective and evil can feel good and good can feel evil. So exactly where does that leave us, this doesn't prove a point it just puts the attention elsewhere. The point is that i don't have to do something to know i don't want to do it or believe it to be wrong. And if i do it it and then decide not to it doesn't ensure with any more conviction that i will never do it again.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

  14. #59
    ..... straightXed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    12,530
    Quote Originally Posted by hardcoretta
    but you don't have to go to the extremes.
    But straightedge is a pretty extreme stance! So should we just murder someone a little bit to know its wrong but not a full extreme murder!!
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

  15. #60
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,368
    Quote Originally Posted by hardcoretta
    but you don't have to go to the extremes.
    yeah, but you can have opinions on right and wrong without doing things. Like I've never had homosexual sex but I don't think it's wrong.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The kids will have their say
    By SgtD in forum Hardcore
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-14-2008, 06:56 AM
  2. ATTN: WV, OH, and KY kids
    By atXdawnXweXburn in forum Trades/Shows
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-09-2006, 08:10 PM
  3. Attn: Central Ny Kids
    By sytmatt in forum Trades/Shows
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-19-2006, 12:02 AM
  4. To the sXe kids
    By equate in forum Commentary
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 08-08-2005, 04:46 PM
  5. sxe kids
    By XhardcorekidX in forum Questions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-09-2005, 11:18 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •