Thread: I hate boasters

I hate boasters

By boasters, I mean people who constantly boast about how drunk and high they get.
    Unfortunately, this is the majority, it seems.

I hate to be all "my life is perfect" on you guys, but my friend really are the exception because the rare occasions they do mention drinking or getting high, it's for a split second as part of another story, and not in a show-off manner. Usually they just talk about WoW (which I also hate, since it's like more addictive than any drug).

Look all over Facebook, minors show off how drunk they get with their red cups and stuff. I've been to a party with red cups, only one person got any noticable effect though, so yeah it was responsible. I wish more were like that.

Usually people purposely "show off" in front of me because they know I don't like it. I usually shrug it off and ignore it, but what bothers me is that they purposely try to bother me with it. And it works. I need a thicker skin.

Also, believe it or not, straight edge boasters bother me too. They're too in-your-face and anti-everything. The fact that I'm not vegetarian, occasionally (and I mean very rarely) partake in caffeine, not religious, and anything else bothers them. If you think you're perfect, you're probably not. And everyone thinks that all straight edge identifiers are like this, so it gives everyone a bad rep. Sigh.

So yeah, I hate people constantly showing off that they got drunk or high, as if it makes them special, if they achieved something, or worse, like it makes them... (I really hate this word)... "cool".

Also I'm not into edgers showing off either.

Just don't be a show-off. Instead, show off real accomplishments, like any trophies or awards you got, your report card, idk, something else. I currently have nothing worth showing off, unless a high school diploma counts.
    Nobody ever became famous without causing controversy.

I totally understand. I had a former student of mine "friend request" me on Facebook and her profile picture was her taking a hit off a bong. Bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaRant View Post
    I totally understand. I had a former student of mine "friend request" me on Facebook and her profile picture was her taking a hit off a bong. Bleh.
    Omg I've seen that so many times it isn't even funny... it just looks so trashy to me. May as well have a naked pic as your main photo. Grabs more attention too! Which you know is probably what they're looking for to begin with.
    Nobody ever became famous without causing controversy.

I have to hear people talk about how high they are every goddamn day,and it makes me mad.I know I'm the minority,but still,is there anything else to talk about than drugs,and alchohol?I mean seriously,is that the only thing you do?Get a life!

And I understand why you don't like edgers who boast about how edge they are.It can get really annoying

Thread Information