Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: attn kids

Quote Originally Posted by straightXed
    i'm sorry but you said "I think you have to feel the edge. And you won't feel it if you have never tried alcohol or some drugs." Thats a direct quote of what you said and it says quite clearly that you won't feel the edge unless you have done some drink or drugs. Perhaps we should mark this up to english being your second language but you definitely have said it won't be felt by people who have not done any drugs.

Yes, that's my mistake. I said that, i now i regret about it. You're right, it's not necessarely that you have tried alcohol or some drugs. I, in my personal opinion, think that (i was thinkin' an example, but now i see that my examples are no good at all)... well you know¿ i'll tell you something.

I knew this straight edge thing when i used to drink alcohol and all that shit, and i felt like that was the stupidest thing i could do, but the day i realize that alcohol wasn't good at all for me, i was destroying myself, destroying my relations with friends, destroying my family, i felt that straight edge could be the best for me. And starting from there, i felt so connected to it. Because i knew this would help me, this is my deal, my thing.

Quote Originally Posted by hardcoretta
    Yes, that's my mistake. I said that, i now i regret about it. You're right, it's not necessarely that you have tried alcohol or some drugs. I, in my personal opinion, think that (i was thinkin' an example, but now i see that my examples are no good at all)... well you know¿ i'll tell you something.

I knew this straight edge thing when i used to drink alcohol and all that shit, and i felt like that was the stupidest thing i could do, but the day i realize that alcohol wasn't good at all for me, i was destroying myself, destroying my relations with friends, destroying my family, i felt that straight edge could be the best for me. And starting from there, i felt so connected to it. Because i knew this would help me, this is my deal, my thing.

Its great that you feel strongly about being straightedge, a lot of people do myself included.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

Its great that you feel strongly about being straightedge, a lot of people do myself included.
    A joke doesn't last for 4 years, you know.

I love myself being straight edge, and i don't care if people dont like my point of view, because in my town, there are just 2 of us (my ex-boyfriend and me, that i know), and my friends accept the fact that they can't try to get me drinkin' with 'em, even they don't like the idea, but out of there, nobody likes me being sxe.
    Cuandon tengas ideales x los cuales luchar, te darás cuenta que no debes callar.

A joke doesn't last for 4 years, you know.
    huh?

I love myself being straight edge, and i don't care if people dont like my point of view, because in my town, there are just 2 of us (my ex-boyfriend and me, that i know), and my friends accept the fact that they can't try to get me drinkin' with 'em, even they don't like the idea, but out of there, nobody likes me being sxe.
    ummm ok then.

huh?
    ummm ok then.

Nothing..
    Cuandon tengas ideales x los cuales luchar, te darás cuenta que no debes callar.

Nothing..
    yes it did seem a little irrelevent.

But straightedge is a pretty extreme stance!
    I've heard that one before, but I just don't see it. Maybe Hardline, but regular Straight Edge? Nah...

Quote Originally Posted by Pilaf
    I've heard that one before, but I just don't see it. Maybe Hardline, but regular Straight Edge? Nah...
    it is extreme in the sense it is totally against recreational drugs and not ok with them in moderation or anything less than abstinance. Hence the idea of being straightedge for the weekend is ridiculous and the idea of straightedge seems to many to be a step to far, most would condone an occasional beer. Because of this straightedge falls into the definition of extreme, perhaps in order for you to see it you should examine the word extreme again. Words tend to deviate from their actual meanings when people continue to use them incorrectly and extreme is often such a word.

yes it did seem a little irrelevent.
    Indeed.

Indeed.

A month later this reply isn't really necessary especially considering what your reply actually was.

A month later this reply isn't really necessary especially considering what your reply actually was.

Is it really necessary for you to point out that her post was unnecessary when all she did was agree with you? If you thought it was unnecessary then all you had to do was not respond to it.
    Later Days

Quote Originally Posted by mouseman004
    Is it really necessary for you to point out that her post was unnecessary when all she did was agree with you?
    Well apparently so, it would seem she was unaware of it being unnecessary by her very actions so yes that did need pointing out. Was it really necessary for you to ask this question?

Quote Originally Posted by mouseman004
    If you thought it was unnecessary then all you had to do was not respond to it.
    Its not that i thought it was unnecessary its that it was unnecessary and that i wished to point that out. But thanks for the unnecessary advice!

Well apparently so, it would seem she was unaware of it being unnecessary by her very actions so yes that did need pointing out. Was it really necessary for you to ask this question?
    Maybe she thought that it was necessary. Just becuase you thought it was unnecessary doesn't mean that it was necessarily unnecessary to everybody.

Its not that i thought it was unnecessary its that it was unnecessary and that i wished to point that out. But thanks for the unnecessary advice!
    Again, maybe it was necessary to her. And I was not offering unnecessary advice, I was merely pointing out that I thought it was unnecessary for you to tell her that her comment was unnecessary.
    Later Days

Lots of comments are unnecessary.

I agree, you couldn't have been straight egde your whole life, you have to be influenced at one point in your life, most of us probably from the hardcore music scene.
    "You push and push a people, what are they to do?
    Soon this corporate run government will be through
    See, it doesn't represent the people anymore
    Big business are the pimps and governments' their whores"

Thread Information