Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Call It Dancing

Why Do You Call It Dancing

Why Must you call it dancing. Sure I'm all for flailling my arms and legs around with reason mostly just joking around or making fun of something, but come on dancing? Dancing is an art not a passtime at a concert unless it is a concert for dancing; like ballroom dancing or tango. Also why do they always associate it with hardcore. Hardcore is like minor threat and black flag. Not atreyu or any other band right now claiming to be hardcore big difference between metal and hardcore. Moshing is what hardcore kids do, not flailling their arms around so if you are one of those kids...Thanks for contributing to ruining something so great with your fucking dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by XplagueX
    Why Must you call it dancing. Sure I'm all for flailling my arms and legs around with reason mostly just joking around or making fun of something, but come on dancing? Dancing is an art not a passtime at a concert unless it is a concert for dancing; like ballroom dancing or tango. Also why do they always associate it with hardcore. Hardcore is like minor threat and black flag. Not atreyu or any other band right now claiming to be hardcore big difference between metal and hardcore. Moshing is what hardcore kids do, not flailling their arms around so if you are one of those kids...Thanks for contributing to ruining something so great with your fucking dancing.
    uh. moshing is dancing?

moshing is like you knw running in to people pushing them...and having a good time...back then you know there wasnt any distinct moves like the windmill.

moshing is like you knw running in to people pushing them...and having a good time...back then you know there wasnt any distinct moves like the windmill.
    the windmill has been around from 15+ years now. what you're describing was normally refered to as slam dancing. Go listen to sick of it all's blood, sweat no tears, people have been calling it dancing for a long long time.

now that you mention. Dead kennedys reffered to moshing as dancing in 1983...well im sorry i made the mistake. I wasnt thinking clearly.

insomniac seagull
    near lincoln, but going to uni in edinburgh in oct
    i cant really dance (at least not in that way) so moshing is about as close to dancing as i ever get, oh and skanking, i can skank

I don't dance.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

I like salsa dancing. Oh wait, that's not very hardcore.

Finally fuck.
    I can't enjoy myself at a hardcore show because there is all these kids pretending to be ninja's, I think its awsome they are different. But why should I not be able to go up to the stage? they fucking kick the shit out of me just cause I dont do there ninja stuff. Jeepers, I just want to have fun at a good oldschool hardcore show and everyone is "dancing" like its a metal core show.
    Have Fun,
    XCUDEYX

what does metalcore has to do with moshpits and not getting in front of the stage?
    to the end, i hope

People dance at the metalcore shows? Is it like those dances they do at the prom in 80's movies? Cuz that'd be funny.

Quote Originally Posted by XCUDEYX
    Finally fuck.
    I can't enjoy myself at a hardcore show because there is all these kids pretending to be ninja's, I think its awsome they are different. But why should I not be able to go up to the stage? they fucking kick the shit out of me just cause I dont do there ninja stuff. Jeepers, I just want to have fun at a good oldschool hardcore show and everyone is "dancing" like its a metal core show.
    Pretending to be a ninja is dumb.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

Quote Originally Posted by straightXed
    Pretending to be a ninja is dumb.
    what if i'm not pretending?
    "We stand and fight. Back to back. We take no shit. We stay tight. We stick together and deal with it. We use our heads and not our fists unless we're pushed. As one, we fight and we win".

I never knew ninjas wore white athletic socks.

Quote Originally Posted by kelly
    I never knew ninjas wore white athletic socks.
    now you know.
    "We stand and fight. Back to back. We take no shit. We stay tight. We stick together and deal with it. We use our heads and not our fists unless we're pushed. As one, we fight and we win".

Thread Information