Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ass holes in the scene

Hey, Falanges why do you care?
    Is the letter "X" on a person's hand enough to offend the "silent majority"?

~Nichole~ unsXe

Red face Why i care

Because people who go to shows and associate with me affect me.. I mean i dont sit there and complain about it all the time.. dont get me wrong.. but i dont like fake trendy people..
    Nichole

~Nichole~ unsXe
    Quote Originally Posted by xsecx
    yeah, but who are you to decide who is true and who isn't?
    I dont sit there and judge everyone.. but when one show your smoking a cigerette and the next show you've got black X's on your hands and preaching straightedge.. come'on..but honestly i hope you guys aren't perceieving me as some ignorant sXe hater..lol.. cuz i really have nothing against being living that lifestyle.. just sometimes the kids who do it to be trendy get annoying.. thats all im saying
    Nichole

Quote Originally Posted by Falanges15
    I dont sit there and judge everyone.. but when one show your smoking a cigerette and the next show you've got black X's on your hands and preaching straightedge.. come'on..but honestly i hope you guys aren't perceieving me as some ignorant sXe hater..lol.. cuz i really have nothing against being living that lifestyle.. just sometimes the kids who do it to be trendy get annoying.. thats all im saying
    you make one statement and then go immediately into a statement of judgement. The point is, it's not my place to question the commitment of someone else on anything. If someone went from being straight edge to not, would you think they were being trendy?

~Nichole~ unsXe
    you make one statement and then go immediately into a statement of judgement. The point is, it's not my place to question the commitment of someone else on anything. If someone went from being straight edge to not, would you think they were being trendy?
    depends? and i dont sit there questioning everyone.. but there are people that you can just tell who do it to fit in.. you can't tell me you havn't ran into those people
    Nichole

depends? and i dont sit there questioning everyone.. but there are people that you can just tell who do it to fit in.. you can't tell me you havn't ran into those people
    yeah but that's the point, who are you to decide?

yeah but that's the point, who are you to decide?
    i was the exact same way. i used to smoke at shows all the time. (before i was edge) then i went edge and i sported an edge patch on my back at a show and i got shit for being edge from some stupid girls. so are you calling me a trendy poser because i wanted to change my life? (to xsecx... i didnt mean to quote you. this was for that girl)

~Nichole~ unsXe
    i dont give people shit for being straightedge... but to be honest.. i would look at you as kinda trendy..
    Nichole

i dont give people shit for being straightedge... but to be honest.. i would look at you as kinda trendy..
    Why? Because they used to smoke? Then call me trendy too and be wrong.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

Registered User xcaffeineXfreex's Avatar
    I don't really see how it's trendy to be edge at all. I mean a lot of people respect me for my choice to be sXe but a lot of people diss me for it. I feel comfortable saying that no matter what I do I will get bitched at for it so I'm gonna do what I think is right. I'm made fun of all the time by people that are edge for trying to be trendy and by people who aren't for not polluting my body. I'm dissed for being vegan by people who eat meat because I care about if I am eating an animal or not, and other vegans call me a poser. What do you want me to stop?....because I don't really give a damn. I'm not doing it for YOU.

~Nichole~ unsXe
    to both comments...I dony critize people for ebing straightedge or vegan.. im not either... but i think its a personal decsion.. but can you 2 honestly say that everyone who is staightedge would stay staightedge if the majority of people in the hardcore scene weren't staightedge?
    Nichole

to both comments...I dony critize people for ebing straightedge or vegan.. im not either... but i think its a personal decsion.. but can you 2 honestly say that everyone who is staightedge would stay staightedge if the majority of people in the hardcore scene weren't staightedge?
    the majority of people in the hardcore scene aren't straight edge.

~Nichole~ unsXe
    I dont kno where your from.. but they are here..
    Nichole

I dont kno where your from.. but they are here..
    I've been to shows in Erie. There isn't a place on earth where the majority of a scene is straight edge. I however do have to wonder why you care so much about what other people decide to do and call themselves?

i dont think it makes a fuck of a difference in the majority or immajority of being edge or not. PEOPLE have reputations, not "labels" or lifestyles or however you want to classify someones choices. people's personal decisions dictate how they act. dont make it out to be a problem of edge kids, or a problem on non edge kids. im not edge, but i can relate to anyone given the right amount of courtesy. i use this board to find new and passionate bands, and their collective DIY supporters. no need to spoil anyones fun, regardless of their choice. do your thang, and if you dont, then go find yourself, and then come back when you have your own sense of true identity. enough for a long 1st post....

Thread Information