Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ass holes in the scene

fuck your weakness
    i never said i beat them upppp. i said to call them out on it and show them its not cool to be a jackass.

attilla's greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreat grandhun SgtD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xLAST STANDx
    i never said i beat them upppp. i said to call them out on it and show them its not cool to be a jackass.
    i don't know, but those end up as fights over here.

if your going to attack people for there personal beliefs then clearly you are not mentally strong enough to cope with people being different yet all being in one scene.. and being mentally strong is part of what being straight edge is!

Ack.
    Chances are depending on where they are from, they are bound to get shit for being sXe. Peer pressure to start smoking and drinking at parties and stuff is bound to piss someone off. FashionXCore kids either have rich parents or a job, so they take all ther money and rape a scene to try to fit in because they are outcasts elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by InciteTheRiot
    Chances are depending on where they are from, they are bound to get shit for being sXe. Peer pressure to start smoking and drinking at parties and stuff is bound to piss someone off. FashionXCore kids either have rich parents or a job, so they take all ther money and rape a scene to try to fit in because they are outcasts elsewhere.
    hardcore used to be a place for the outcasts. now it mostly mirrors everything else. fashioncore kids reflect the larger part of the world rather than anything having to do with hardcore itself.

~Nichole~ unsXe

Thumbs down

How is being strightedge resisting peer pressure?.. being sXe has become os trendy its giving into it.. I know there are some people who truly beleive in it.. but over 1/2 of the kids who claim to be sXe jsut do it to fit in with the hXc sceen...
    Nichole

Quote Originally Posted by Falanges15
    How is being strightedge resisting peer pressure?.. being sXe has become os trendy its giving into it.. I know there are some people who truly beleive in it.. but over 1/2 of the kids who claim to be sXe jsut do it to fit in with the hXc sceen...
    so 99% of the people you know do one thing and 1% don't and it's now not contrary?

~Nichole~ unsXe

Cool

what? can you rephrase that please
    Nichole

Its pretty simple really, the socially accepted viewpoint of your peers sugests that sxe is contrary to that viewpoint.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

the people that are straight edge are still a vast minority so by definition they're still being counter to the larger population, so it can't really be peer pressure, can it?

~Nichole~ unsXe
    I'm just saying for here.. many people become strightedge so they can fit into the scene.. so for them its not resisting pressure.. they go along with it.. but the people who are truely straightedge for their own reason are resisting.. it all depends on the person.. I'm just gettin tired of the people who do it to jump on the wagon.. I have nothing against someone who is true...
    Nichole

I'm just saying for here.. many people become strightedge so they can fit into the scene.. so for them its not resisting pressure.. they go along with it.. but the people who are truely straightedge for their own reason are resisting.. it all depends on the person.. I'm just gettin tired of the people who do it to jump on the wagon.. I have nothing against someone who is true...
    yeah, but who are you to decide who is true and who isn't?

You know what I hate? People who bitch about scene kids all the time. All you have to do is ignore them not stoop down to their level and try to be "hardcore". That's stupid... just look at them and think wow, who cares?
    Is the letter "X" on a person's hand enough to offend the "silent majority"?

Why does Falanges care about edge and scene kids when she's not edge herself?
    Is the letter "X" on a person's hand enough to offend the "silent majority"?

Quote Originally Posted by daytonohsxe
    Why does Falanges care about edge and scene kids when she's not edge herself?

who would be the best person to ask?
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

Thread Information