Thread: Why don't you make a 'list' of what makes you straight edge? Or what doesn't?

Why don't you make a 'list' of what makes you straight edge? Or what doesn't?

Well, the title explains it all;

Since there are so many questions asking to "If this or that" makes you sxe... It would probably remove those posts.

And, i also have a slightly stupid question. But what does having sex have to do with sxe? Isn't it just drugs? Judging from the site located here, it shows nothing about sex... Don't get me wrong. I have my morals set fairly high (compared to most). I don't intend to do it until i'm 18 at least, or until i'm married if i can. But it's just a question :\

Thanks to your replys in advanced!

-Azmodan

Bad speller
    Quote Originally Posted by Azmodan
    Well, the title explains it all;

Since there are so many questions asking to "If this or that" makes you sxe... It would probably remove those posts.

And, i also have a slightly stupid question. But what does having sex have to do with sxe? Isn't it just drugs? Judging from the site located here, it shows nothing about sex... Don't get me wrong. I have my morals set fairly high (compared to most). I don't intend to do it until i'm 18 at least, or until i'm married if i can. But it's just a question :\

Thanks to your replys in advanced!

-Azmodan
    Azmonda there really isnt a list. SxE is really how you think of it though most people veiw it as drug free,and no drinks.

Personaly my view on sex relating to sxe is if you truely love that person and your not just useing them its fine but yet again other people have diffrent views on this.

Nervous Breakdown xSouthernEdgex's Avatar

Wink

Some believe no sex til marriage some believe do it when you know you're ready. Theres no list. Have your own sXe beliefs. Everyone is different. Like the caffeine issue- Some people cant live without a soda or two. but me im trying to get back in shape for football season so im drinking alot of water.

but i know after this imma have caffeine again.
    Believe in your own code and be sXe like you want to be. just dont say you're on edge and be a hypocrite.
    Love for the Southeast NORTH CAROLINA HARDCORE

Quote Originally Posted by Xx-Ky-xX
    Azmonda there really isnt a list. SxE is really how you think of it though most people veiw it as drug free,and no drinks.

Personaly my view on sex relating to sxe is if you truely love that person and your not just useing them its fine but yet again other people have diffrent views on this.
    that's not entirely true. there is a baseline that everyone who is straight edge agrees to. however, there isn't much point of giving a list when that list would consist of no drinking, no smoking and no drugs.

I dropped something xdaddydaycorex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xsecx
    that's not entirely true. there is a baseline that everyone who is straight edge agrees to. however, there isn't much point of giving a list when that list would consist of no drinking, no smoking and no drugs.
    a list of 3. done.

I see. So it almost depends on ones morals, other than the 'baseline'. I have never smoked, don't intend too, haven't done drugs. And my girlfriend and I have been going out for a year and a half and we're both still virgins, so even if we did do it before we got married or anything it wouldn't make us not sxe correct?

Thanks again for the help :D

**by the way, it's spelt Azmodan... :P**

Quote Originally Posted by Azmodan
    I see. So it almost depends on ones morals, other than the 'baseline'. I have never smoked, don't intend too, haven't done drugs. And my girlfriend and I have been going out for a year and a half and we're both still virgins, so even if we did do it before we got married or anything it wouldn't make us not sxe correct?

Thanks again for the help :D

**by the way, it's spelt Azmodan... :P**
    marriage is a social construct that has nothing to do with straight edge. for a lot of people, myself included sexual behavior is completely unrelated to straight edge. however, that doesn't mean anyone condone's risky behavior, just that it's got nothing to do with straight edge.

Quote Originally Posted by xsecx
    marriage is a social construct that has nothing to do with straight edge. for a lot of people, myself included sexual behavior is completely unrelated to straight edge. however, that doesn't mean anyone condone's risky behavior, just that it's got nothing to do with straight edge.
    Ahh, I see. I still don't intend to do it, i'll try my best...

Thanks again. :D

Thread Information